GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   The Market Feed Back (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f112/)
-   -   >>>>>>Misuse of market feedback section<<<<<<< (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f112/misuse-market-feedback-section-631362/)

=MobileMan= 11-17-2008 01:48

>>>>>>Misuse of market feedback section<<<<<<<

I am vaguely in GSM business anymore so I can now speak my mind.

In the time I have used this forum, I have seen so many companies slated for silly little things in this section. This to me is wrong. Half of the threads are just publicity stunts, some are created to ruin a competitors name/ business, and many of the threads posted here are created because people are too lazy to telephone or email the seller they purchased from.

I personally think members should be allowed to post here if they have sufficient proof that they have been "cheated".

What I suggest is that all users can create threads here, but they would only be viewable by Admins/ Mods. Once they have read the thread, they can decide if it's nonsense or not. If it's a genuine post and there is proof to support what the thread creator is saying- then make it publicly viewable.

I know other people here on the forum are annoyed that "1 post wonders" keep coming along and trying to ruin companies' reputations, but as yet- Nobody has stood up and made this clear to admins so something could actually be done about it!

So here we are- please have your say, and admins- please consider this carefully as all it would take is someone to take some of these things to court and file for slander.

Some of the stuff posted in this section is outrageous.

=MobileMan= 11-17-2008 04:32

All these views, but no votes... WHY?

You are members of this forum and this effects YOU!

VOTE!!

tical 11-17-2008 20:27

I disagree.

a lot of mods etc are affiliated with one product or another, so we would never be sure the complaint does not have merit, or a Mod is being bias.

it does not take 500 post to get cheated. If I buy a product today, and did not get it, I should not wait till my post count reaches over 500 , before I can complain.

Most people can judge whether a complaint is genuine or fabricated, so let everyone have their say.

UnlockingExperts 11-17-2008 20:45

I think Ebay Feedback system is good. Should impliment some thing similar.

=MobileMan= 11-18-2008 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tical (Post 3861041)
I disagree.

a lot of mods etc are affiliated with one product or another, so we would never be sure the complaint does not have merit, or a Mod is being bias.

it does not take 500 post to get cheated. If I buy a product today, and did not get it, I should not wait till my post count reaches over 500 , before I can complain.

Most people can judge whether a complaint is genuine or fabricated, so let everyone have their say.

Fair enough... wheres your vote to say keep it as it is then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tical (Post 3861041)

Most, but not ALL. That's not good enough. All it takes is for one person to post that someone's company treated them badly, then you get idiots come along who know nothing about them, and have never dealt with them before and agree with them.

That's what makes this section a total joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnlockingExperts (Post 3861102)
I think Ebay Feedback system is good. Should impliment some thing similar.

Something IS available like the eBay feedback system for VBulletin. It's called "itrader" and easily installed. I'm guessing admin of this site knows about it but probably not implemented it because it would add to the currently high server load and would slow the forums down even more.

Ya Xun 11-19-2008 03:17

search and read then you will find

=MobileMan= 11-20-2008 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ya Xun (Post 3865826)
search and read then you will find

Please explain? .