GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/)
-   -   5510 power on -- insert sim --- power off ! (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/5510-power-insert-sim-power-off-54606/)

makona 08-31-2002 03:27

5510 power on -- insert sim --- power off !

Hi ,
i got this problem alot in 5510 phones ..

power on for 2 or 3 seconds then power off
Really its alot ..
tried : full flash then using NK-Calc ..etc no help !

i know this problem discussed before in this forum
but without useful info ..

sombody says it hw problem .. i think not ! but who can confirm ?

sombody says its due Mp3 Area and need to flash it !? ... but how to flash this or erase !?

Alot of suggests .. but which one got this problem and really 1000% repaired it before without expects ?

we need this one ....:)

gsnbhagawan 08-31-2002 07:29

Try Nokia tool34
UI SETTING
APPLY SFS

or your phone is water demmaged

makona 09-01-2002 02:47

S u r e I D I D T H A T .

sajtony 09-02-2002 20:21

Here it!

Hi guys,I had the same problem.Check this out:

Nokia Mobile Phones Engineering Bulletin No. EB-401 / 16.04.02

UK Technical Support Level 3

Effected Product: 5510 (NPM-5)

NEW UI DSP SOFTWARE VERSION 6.1 (SERVICE LEVELS 3 AND 4)

New UI DSP software version 6.1 has been released for NPM-5.

NPM-5 UI DSP software updating is allowed only in E&A service level 3 and 4. I.e. Nokia compensates only UI DSP SW updates, which are performed in E&A service level 3 or 4.

Because UI DSP software updating operation takes totally more than 15 minutes, it is allowed to carry out only on complaints if:

A. Due to the corrupted UI, the phone switches off after couple of seconds, every time when booted

B. All memory can not be released by deleting music files

After flashing has started, don't do anything else with the PC. Key presses, mouse button clicks or running applications may disturb the flashing operation.

Changes/improvements made from version 6.0 to version 6.1:

Earlier in some cases track titles and artist names were shown wrong characters

In some special cases track titles and artist names were shown shortened

You can upload it in the nearest service centre... :(

I hope it's helped you on this.

BR:sajtony

raguanlao 10-24-2002 15:47

where to get it

can anyone tell me where to get the DSP software other than NOKIA service centers..?

thanks in advance

GALAXY*gsm 10-26-2002 02:48

Re: where to get it

Quote:

Originally posted by raguanlao
can anyone tell me where to get the DSP software other than NOKIA service centers..?

thanks in advance

go to software zone u will find all u need
galaxy
:cool: :cool: :cool:

sajtony 10-26-2002 08:23

@ GALAXY*gsm : MayB I'm blind,but didn't C this prog nowhere... Can U tell we,where is it exactly ( thread ID,or link)??? Thank U!

abros 10-26-2002 14:30

@galaxy
Hi

I have the same problem with my 5510 Phone and would be happy if you tell us the link for the dsp software and is it able to use the software with any standard datacable.

:(

GALAXY*gsm 10-28-2002 03:14

;)
look evry body u can easly use knock(phonix) if u have it fronted build 13 or another version and make full flash 4M..I made it b4 and had a good result for 5510....NPM-5 (5510) V03.42.FLS
u will find there alll u need..

http://members.v3space.com/napalm/mcu-ppm-index.htm
the programe and all flash u need....

if u wonna this flash file exactily contact me

u can also use pclocal program if u have
contact me if u have a prob... files zipcode donna big space(the prog. and the flash file NPM-5 (5510) V03.42.FLS
may I have helped u my friends

galaxy
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sajtony 10-28-2002 09:18

Thank you !

@ GALAXY*gsm : I respect your help,but it's no way... I tried to flashing it several different flashes & E2Ps,but no success...And also tried to reset it to FACTORY,to DEV,to UI,etc...Nothing helped.And finally I found the way to Nokia thru the backdoor,and now I have a friend there,who swapping me this phone fortunately.

The phone sw and the UI sw is two different things in 5510.The UI sw plays the music and drives the AM/FM radio.The UI sw runs in a Texas Instruments DSP,fully separated from the phone's other logic parts.The AM/FM radio is a Philips TEA-series IC controlled by the DSP,as I remember...

GALAXY*gsm 10-28-2002 14:29

that's great from u sajtony ......
u have a good sense....but wwhat can we do if the problem still not fixed after all this answers....

we can say that prob, hardware part?
best regards
galaxy

sajtony 10-28-2002 16:51

Just wait & relax...

Hi!

My new friend at Nokia said,he can takes out this UI updater sw to me.So,not the sw is the problem,because it's approx.1 MB,after that the sw updates:the whole pack is 35 MB,as he said in the phone in this afternoon...And that computer,who runs this sw is not in LAN,and has not cd-writer too.So he wants copy this somehow to another PC (who has cd-writer) and write it out...As I said:just wait and relax,it depends on couple of days,we will get it... :D

nzarka 10-29-2002 06:05

hIi,
5510 turn off might be HD problem. Try the change the 26MHz.:)

sajtony 10-29-2002 12:32

@ nzarka : not always...That was the first thing what I made...I tried to replace it,but not helped on this problem....And tried also the 11,9952 MHz at MP3 DSP and the 32.768 KHz at MAD and the 75 KHz too...No success.... :(((

It seems like UI board sw problem...Unfortunately...

Stryker 10-29-2002 15:51

yeah! it's UI sw which cause the fault...heard of that software too..;)