GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/)
-   -   6110 LCD Contrast Changing??? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/6110-lcd-contrast-changing-449/)

Prodigal 07-08-2000 12:25

6110 LCD Contrast Changing???

Hiya all,

Please won't you help. I do have Wintesla 6.03 and am needing to change the contrast of the LCD display. It is very dull at the mo'.Problem is, I have no idea how to do it....please tell me, as in: Menu "???" click....go to menu "???" click and set values to "???" click etc etc...you get the idea I am sure. I just don't know too much about Wintesla to do it without you peoples wonderful help!!

Thanks

Prodigal

WildSwan 07-08-2000 13:35

Hi!

It is under the Software, then Product Profile.

There you will see LCD. But save it coz you will not be able to write to the phone if you don't have the TDF-4 Security Box which you can only get if you are an authorized Nokia service center.

If somehow you make it work, please do tell me.

Quote:

Originally posted by Prodigal:
Hiya all,

Please won't you help. I do have Wintesla 6.03 and am needing to change the contrast of the LCD display. It is very dull at the mo'.Problem is, I have no idea how to do it....please tell me, as in: Menu "???" click....go to menu "???" click and set values to "???" click etc etc...you get the idea I am sure. I just don't know too much about Wintesla to do it without you peoples wonderful help!!

Thanks

Prodigal

Prodigal 07-08-2000 13:58

I did get it to work after all!!!I went to the LCD contrast setting, changed it to something higher (value that is ) and then pressed save. It didn't make any changes, only after going to Menu 'Set Factories settings?//sumthing like that" and then Set Factory setting and All UI/ blah blah settings, and then the contrast was changed. But first backupn your phone on LOgomanager or Data Suite as this clears all as if it is a new phone out the box.....

Thanks for your input..

ciao

Prod

Y2K 07-08-2000 22:25

hi all

the lcd settings have nothing to do with the tdf4 box!!!

you can only change the contrast of lcd if there is a old soft in the mobile!

why?: the new mcu soft needs also the new dll's for the settings, and i havent seen
cracked dll's higher then nse1,3,6 v5.02

the same is on 6150 both mobile with soft higher 5.x will not work with this dll's.

my best regards

[This message has been edited by Y2K (edited 08 July 2000).]

Erik 07-14-2000 18:52

Hi,
I had the problem that I used the Vibrator prog. for Nokia 3210.
There is a new prog. for Vers. 5.xx but still it will set the LCD to ZERO (0)!!!!!!

Ok, itīs not a 6110 but I solved with Wintesla 5,31 DLL 8!!!

It was no problem to set the LCD from zero to 16(Product Profile)!!! without any box or what ever...

After that - you must swith off phone and startup again...

Thats it