GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/)
-   -   8850 Probl: 'Down' key stopped responding ...(about dissasembly hlp needed also!) PLS (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/8850-probl-down-key-stopped-responding-about-dissasembly-hlp-needed-also-pls-1081/)

jsp_m 06-22-2001 15:43

8850 Probl: 'Down' key stopped responding ...(about dissasembly hlp needed also!) PLS

Damn Nokia 8850 after beeing used for a month stopped reponding to 'down' key...It responds if I press it really hard...but not anymore as before...I cannot quicky go trough my names or menus..I guess the problem is that keypad has moved itself from original postion and now it does not respond...WHT 2 DO???

Also, abot the dissasembling 8850...what's that with puttin always the new spaeker...is it really that necessary? What happens if not placed new one? (I'm refered to do that in original Service manual!)

THX all ppl

:mad: :mad: :mad:

zizo 06-24-2001 14:12

hehehe, I had the same problem with the key. I went to the nearsyt Nokia center, the fixed it direct. But u can open the phone and fixed by your self.

By the way I had to many problems with my 8850 so I sold it for a week before.

Good luck!!

:)

palladine 06-26-2001 16:26

Quote:

Originally posted by jsp_m:
<STRONG>Damn Nokia 8850 after beeing used for a month stopped reponding to 'down' key...It responds if I press it really hard...but not anymore as before...I cannot quicky go trough my names or menus..I guess the problem is that keypad has moved itself from original postion and now it does not respond...WHT 2 DO???

Also, abot the dissasembling 8850...what's that with puttin always the new spaeker...is it really that necessary? What happens if not placed new one? (I'm refered to do that in original Service manual!)

THX all ppl

:mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG>

palladine 06-26-2001 16:27

Quote:

Originally posted by jsp_m:
<STRONG>Damn Nokia 8850 after beeing used for a month stopped reponding to 'down' key...It responds if I press it really hard...but not anymore as before...I cannot quicky go trough my names or menus..I guess the problem is that keypad has moved itself from original postion and now it does not respond...WHT 2 DO???

I can E-mail you the PAMS service manual if you want, it has a section on dissassembly

THX all ppl

:mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG>

jsp_m 07-01-2001 20:21

The problem was solved by just opening the phone and ****ing some air in the keyboard...but now I have a new problem: lights are 20% darker, and be4 battery wents off they go 60% darker..it cannot be normal..or???