GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/)
-   -   I would like to say something IMPORTANT! (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f131/i-would-like-say-something-important-217/)

MrProdent 10-23-1999 13:28

I would like to say something IMPORTANT!

Yes.. and what might that be??

Well I have a simple question (with a statement)
What is happening here? People are selling stuff here! I thought that this was NOT the meaning of this forum.

The people who started this forum didn't mention anything, to anybody, about eventually turning it in to a commercial site where everybody can just offer any GSM-related software or hardware.

The intention was, as I can remember.. ALL SOFTWARE FOR FREE! and I vote that also this new step .. the HARDWARE, must be offered for free as well.
Maybe this isn't possible and that IS understandable. Hardware is usually not as easy to copy as some ****ty little program that can unlock a phone.

I say give these people here a change to gain this knowledge whitout having to pay so ****ing much for it. In most countries this stuff is illegal and buying 900 bucks of GSM related hardware is tricky. If I could arrange it I would do it in a sec. because I have the money. Still I don't because I learned never to trust any offer out of a forum like this.

Also I would like to mention the following:
There are some people offering stuff (hardware and software) in this forum and others like this one, just to make money.

That might be OK, but that's not OK if they just don't have anything to sell at all. I mean people with BIG-talk about having all kinds of hardware and software to unlock, trace, modify, etc. all of the goods that you would like to unlock, trace, modify, etc. Eventually you will end ripped off and pissed off and you can't do anything about it.

Because this is a very difficult situation I think that these sort of offers don't belong in a forum like this.

The offer of GSM TECHNICAL is very nice and if there would be an other way I know that most of the people here would like to buy this equipment.
It's very tricy to buy such illegal hardware over the internet without knowing if you are ever going to get it.
I say that offers like these belong somewhere else and if that means that hobbyists like me and others that come here can't buy this stuff then so be it!

This is a forum and in a forum like this people should be able to gain knowledge about topics that are discussed here. They should not be exploited, they should be helped.

regards,
Sander Spierenburg aka MrProdent

email: [email protected]

Mr T 10-25-1999 10:19

You are totally right, Mr. Prodent!
With hardware this is a problem, although the prices are much to high.
But all soft should be offered for free and be shared with all others.
I think that this is the intent of a forum:
Sharing knowledge and software with (all) others for free. Because here people are meeting with the same hobby. This should not be a store!

Thanks for your opinion

Senior 10-25-1999 20:33

That's it gentlemen!!!

Best regards
Senior

smilisav 10-26-1999 16:18

MrProdent, I just wanted to thank you for
reminding us all about the intention of
this forum. I agree with you completely,
both for free soft & possibly hardware
(at least shematics and advices about it
could certainly be free).

Regards, smilisav

andreacm 03-14-2000 13:05

Hi
I would like to add my opinion about this forum.
I'm a very new user of this forum and I haven't yet understood the utility of unlock programs....
It seems that everybody in this forum has got stolen phones and/or Sim cards.
Would u confirm my hypotesys?
Regards

andreacm

WildSwan 03-14-2000 15:12

I thought you will never notice what's happening here. I am glad you stood up just like a moderator should stood up and moderate his forum.

Thank you for reminding us the real essence of this forum.

konam 03-14-2000 19:58

Mr. Moderator,
I do believe what ur saying. information should be free and that was what the internet was made of. free from boundaries as much as free from commercialization.we stand up with you

vato 03-15-2000 11:06

That's the way let's stop this comercial business here for once and all...well done!!

pharoe 03-15-2000 12:06

As a new member to the forum, I would like to say that according to usual protocol I have been reading the forum for approx 1 month before subscribing, I now have a "feel" for the forum and I can only agree to the simple ethics of this forum.
I believe that it is a resource for SHARING information, whether it is software or just words of advice.
If I have anything you can have it for free, all I expect in return is the same offer from everyone else.

Thanx for listening.

Pharoe

mobileinfo 03-16-2000 10:54

Come on Sador,
Ok, Give the new ericsson sw with cable for free if you are a good guy.You don't he? I know 100% that you have it.

Best Regards,
Mobileinfo