GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 12:55   #1 (permalink)

Member: 96449
Thanks Meter: 0
6210 shut down when pincode is asked

My nokia 6210 Shuts down just after he asked the pin-code.

sometimes I can push some buttons. But no pincode-stars appear on the screen. then he falls out. Most of the time he falls out before you can push any button.

I tought it would be the battery, so I replaced it with the one from my current 6310. Same problem. And If I place the 6210 battery in my 6310, it works fine.

Any suggestions?

thx in advance!
Old 12-08-2004, 13:24   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12733
Thanks Meter: 26
Check tx part of the phone (pa)

Cheers
Old 12-08-2004, 14:31   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5072
Thanks Meter: 91
if you are able to enter the pin code and then the phone turns off .........its probably the PA that needs to be changed .....BUT .....if the phone switches off as soon as you are trying to enter the pin code ( pressing any button ) The The Rubber part that press the On/OFF button is probably jammed .............open the phone and re-pack it ...check again and post results here

rgds
Old 12-08-2004, 14:54   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi The king

Yes I agrre with themobileking ,I didn't read the whole post .
Old 12-08-2004, 17:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themobileking
if you are able to enter the pin code and then the phone turns off .........its probably the PA that needs to be changed .....BUT .....if the phone switches off as soon as you are trying to enter the pin code ( pressing any button ) The The Rubber part that press the On/OFF button is probably jammed .............open the phone and re-pack it ...check again and post results here

rgds
some strange progress:

I opened the phone, re-packed it.(to check button-jam) First it was still the same prob. As I kept trying, I could set the time.... set the date.... After endless trying, the phone accuatly is working. When the phones crashes again,I need enless trying again to get the phone back on.

When the phone workes(for maxiumum a few minutes), it seemes to craches, but is then suddenly back on, without asking the pincode

I also removed the power button, (little rubber) But no progress.

(hopefully everthing is clear because my Englisch it not good)
Old 12-08-2004, 18:09   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5072
Thanks Meter: 91
ok ........its a reboot problem ......and it can be caused by any of the following .

Software corruption .....flash the phone .....do a full factory reset too.
Power IC (CCONT ) Apply flux paste .....and reflow ......or change the IC.
Also please do the following ...remove the PA and see how the phone behaves without the PA .......obviously it wont have a signal ......but does it still reboot?

When you say "the phone Crashes"
what do you mean ? It switches of and switches on again ? and it does not ask for the Pin code ....it directly shows the signal.....or it hangs? and the battery has to be removed?

this problem seems to be a power supply fault .......and it is probably cuaused by Dry solder........

Soon i will be making Video Clippings where we will show people how to repair various hardware faults ....and posting them on my website for all to download .........We will show everything as clearly as possible and i hope it will be easy for all to understand and learn

Rgds,

themobileking
Old 12-08-2004, 18:21   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Also look to me like water or liquid damaged phone :

I will advise befor you start themobileking's orientation try to clean your whole pcb and rehot , then fibre clean your keypad swicth (change membrane if coroded) and you will get got result from the above post.

cheers
Old 12-08-2004, 19:38   #8 (permalink)

My knowledge is very primitive so I can't do all of the things.

Once the phone reached the main screen. I can scroll in the menu's. But the problems start when I type a message, shange date or time ect, The phones crashes to the menu.(freezes for 3 seconds--> screen off for 1/2 of a second -->an empty lighted screen for a few seconds -->then back on the main screen) I'm not able to fill in the security code for resetting to facility settings. By the time I filled in the forth number, the phone crashes (like descripted above).

I only get a full cash when the phone is still starting up, or rarely in the menu's. (The battery dont' have to be removed to get back on). then he automaticly starts up again..(then he askes pincode again)

[quote]Power IC (CCONT ) Apply flux paste .....and reflow ......or change the IC.[\quote]
first have to find out what all those things mean, so later maybe.

I don't know what a PA looks like , But after I removed a platic object that was attached with a torx screw, I didn't had operator signal.

@keke as far as I know the phone is not damaged by water

Making video's would be a great idea!!
Old 12-08-2004, 19:50   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9698
Flash the phone and check if it works.
Old 12-08-2004, 19:53   #10 (permalink)

how do I flash a phone?
Old 12-08-2004, 20:15   #11 (permalink)
bmg
Freak Poster

Member: 67488
Thanks Meter: 1
you must have some kind working Flasher........

Good Luck