GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 06:19   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7958
Thanks Meter: 6
8210 easy screen repair

it's not always necessary to replace to screen or elastomer.
6 out of 10 screen faults can be repaired by soldering a small bead of solder..(with a bit of flux ) on the screen connector pads.
this pads out the connection to the elastomer and usually sorts out the ........ 'poke the screen and it works faults'

regards

ps ..jst a small bead...dont go wild.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:17   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 6460
Thanks Meter: 1
90% of no display can be repaired by:
1. cleaning
2. resoldering or replacing the capacitor

But how about those unit with okey display but
disappear when accessing inbox?
How about changing capacitor with a higher value?
Old 03-28-2002, 12:57   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5889
Thanks Meter: 0
I changed capasitors with more farad and more and more, I can see message box: write, read, view picture message but If I use picture box more then 2 min, all disappear again.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:38   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8779
For doctorvatson:

Changing capacitor (nearest to display connector) you can't solve your problem. You must replace it to another one with 2-3 times bigger capacitence. I tried this solution and it's working perfect.

Thanks for attention.
Sonia.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:14   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
please simply change the two cap. in the screen with two from any damaged old screen thats all .... it 100% no more no less
Old 03-30-2002, 21:37   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2951
Thanks Meter: 4
for Sonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonia
For doctorvatson:

Changing capacitor (nearest to display connector) you can't solve your problem. You must replace it to another one with 2-3 times bigger capacitence. I tried this solution and it's working perfect.

Thanks for attention.
Sonia.
Какой номинал емкостей на дисплее "по паспорту", и на какой номинал надо их заменить?

Спасибо
Old 03-31-2002, 00:14   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7767
Thanks Meter: 3
To Dmitry Erokhin:

If You want to know the capacity of display's capacitors, mail to Vicky and exchange with him (he worked very hardly with this problem ). I can give You small solution: work little like Sonya and You'll get a good results. It's not so hardly. I think, Sonia will agree with me.

Last edited by Chuk; 03-31-2002 at 20:06.
Old 03-31-2002, 00:56   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5889
Thanks Meter: 0
to Sonia
I replaced capasitors as You say - If hold message box open 2-3 min problem will stay. May be there are no reasons to hold box open 3 min ,but if ...
Thanks
Old 03-31-2002, 17:12   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuk
To Dmitry Erokhin:

If You want to know the capacity of display's capacitors, mail to Vicky and exchange with him (he worked very hardly with this problem ). I can give You small solution: work little like Sonya and You'll get a good results. It's not so hardly. I think, Sonya will agree with me.
Спасибо за совет, ты наверное самый умный здесь, раз советы даешь, да еще на письма, не адресованные тебе.

Будь у меня под рукой измеритель емкости, я бы здесь никого не спрашивал, а самбы заменил. К сожалению его у меня нет.

Спасибо, что выслушал.
Old 03-31-2002, 20:20   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7767
Thanks Meter: 3
Sorry for non english, it's for Dmitriy Erokhin with best wishes:

1. Это не письма, а форум. И не чужие, а общие.
2. Читай старые посты (очень полезно) и ты найдешь номинал, если это поможет.
3. Тут не сервис центр Нокии, чтобы знать номиналы "по паспорту". Если тебе интересно, как нашли этот глюк - взяли и впаяли емкость чуть большего размера. Тебе дали идею, а ты ей не можешь воспользоваться. Не факт, что она одинаковая для всех дисплеев. Хочешь быстро делать - меняй дисплей, надежнее.
4. Пиши по английски, а то многие не понимают!

Last edited by Chuk; 03-31-2002 at 20:34.
Old 03-31-2002, 22:18   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8779
Sorry for non english.

For Dmitry Erokhin:

Насчет измерителя емкости - любой современный более-менее приличный цифровик меряет емкость. Тебе достаточно подпаять к контактам два провода как можно меньшей длины чтобы не вносить паразитку (емкость там небольшая). И насчет конечного solutiona для твоей проблемы: все равно рано или поздно эти долбаные дисплеи дохнут. Так что я поторопился с выводами и приношу свои извинения. Сегодня придется еще помучиться.

For all in this topic:

I think that the checked solution is replacing of damned display. Or Vicky knows something, but he is very serious man and his solution cost VVVVEEEERRRRRYYYYY MUCH!

Regards.
Sonia.
Old 04-01-2002, 00:21   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonia
Sorry for non english.

For Dmitry Erokhin:

Насчет измерителя емкости - любой современный более-менее приличный цифровик меряет емкость. Тебе достаточно подпаять к контактам два провода как можно меньшей длины чтобы не вносить паразитку (емкость там небольшая). И насчет конечного solutiona для твоей проблемы: все равно рано или поздно эти долбаные дисплеи дохнут. Так что я поторопился с выводами и приношу свои извинения. Сегодня придется еще помучиться.

For all in this topic:

I think that the checked solution is replacing of damned display. Or Vicky knows something, but he is very serious man and his solution cost VVVVEEEERRRRRYYYYY MUCH!

Спасибо за ответ. Проблема в том, что емкости залиты гадостью, которую тяжело отодрать не повредив дорожек.
У нас тоже только одно решение - замена самого дисплея. Очень жаль, что сама компания Нокия не делает выводов, хотя может ей это и выгодно - работа для сервис-центров.
Старые дисплеи заканчиваются - таскают их из Эмиратов.
Да и клиенту тяжео объяснять, что дисплей- того, сдох. Для них один довод - ну я же всего месяц пользовался аппаратом.
Так что решение всеже придется искать

Еще раз спасибо за ответ.

Regards.
Sonia.