GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19   #1 (permalink)

Member: 608994
Thanks Meter: 0
Getting Sim Registration Failed Nikia 110i

I have just started a new post paid $9.90 plan with an Australian network called DODO. When I got the phone, there was a letter explaining that I needed to have it activated. I rang the number and they confirmed that it would be activated in 24 hours. When I rang them, it was at 1:00pm on a Friday, today in my time zone is Sunday 1:03pm and it still isn't activated. I am hoping that it may be that it is the weekend but I don't believe it is as they told me it would be activated on Saturday (the next day).

My mobile is a Nokia 1110i and ever since I got the phone and put the sim card in, I got this error massage as follows: Sim Card Registration Failed. I have ensured that there isn't dust or anything blocking the connection between the sim card and the copper connectors where the card is paced, and it's all fine. I have even put my other sim card from my PDA in the Nokia phone and seen if my card would work and it did. I put in an Optus Sim Card and as I said it worked fine with no errors. I then put the new sim card that came with the Nokia 1110i into my 02 PDA and I got the error message again. So with all that I have stated, the problem lays within the sim card itself.

The problem now is, what do I do. I had problems with DODO for 3 weeks trying to get the plan setup and to get the phone to arrive and now when I ring them for technical support, I am told I need to wait for 30 - 45 minutes for them to answer. I tried to do so on my pre paid PDA, and I didn't get an answer after 1 hour, not to mention the cost of the call.

I am at my hairs end as they say and I am tired of this company and my boyfriend and I are beginning to decide to get a new pre paid starter kit for Optus as I know that network works on the mobile.

Before I do this, I would like to see if anyone has any help on the matter, such as a code that will fix the problem. As I have stated, I am tired of this network and the problems they caused me and we now feel like telling them so and so and just using a different sim card, just to pee them off.

If anyone has any help on this matter, I would be grateful. Again, the error message is: Sim Card Registration Failed, and the mobile is a brand new Nokia 1110i Post Paid Plan phone, capped to a $9.90 plan. As I said, I found out that the phone works fine with a different sim card, so I know that it is a sim card issue that came with the phone.

If anyone needs any details, then please let me know asap, but I really need help. All I really need to know is, if it is a major problem with the sim card or will the phone and card work on the next business day. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46   #2 (permalink)

Member: 608994
Thanks Meter: 0
Still need help with Sim Registration Failed message Nokia 110i

I still need help, can anyone do so, a lot of people have looked, but no replies. Please help.
Old 10-15-2007, 13:01   #3 (permalink)

Member: 166650
Thanks Meter: 14
Dear Alison22000
Don't fret too much about it, we here in South Africa wait up to a whole week before our sim cards are activated, and this is the first time I've heard of an australian company taking so long, when I was there a couple of years ago it took literally 20 minutes to activate. Your mobile is fine so leave that out of the problem, you either have bad service from your carrier DODO or you could possibly have a faulty sim card which I doubt. if it is not activated on monday you will need to stick it out and get DODO on the line. I hope you succeed.
Billy