GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2003, 02:57   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 27569
Thanks Meter: 0
Hagar Question!!!!

I have a tried 3310 HAGAR, each time i change a new HAGAR, the phone won't turn ON, But if i use back the OLD one, it works, why? Can somebody let me know?
TIA
Old 07-02-2003, 09:20   #2 (permalink)

Member: 28964
Exactly the same problem happened to me. Check your batch of Hagars. I tried to fit 6 brand new Hagars in a row and all failed. Yet when I re-balled the old Hagar it worked fine.

I would guess the batch of Hagars you are using are probably faulty. Check the serial numbers as some of the older Hagars will not work on phones even as old as a 3310. There are loads of bad Hagars coming from China, many are repackaged as new but are 100% useless or will only work on a older phone like the 3210. If you dont know the serial numbers then watch out for the price being too cheap (its a clue).

I got this information from Excell Direct ( www.excelldirect.co.uk ) they told me that they had heard of this problem and suggested I try a new Hagar from their stock, this did solve the problem and the phone worked fine (trouble is they only had a few/sold out). Make sure you have "good quality" stock. Even though the stock is sealed in new packaging doesnt mean it will work. Be careful of stock that looks too cheap or has serial numbers you are not sure of.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:49   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3272
Thanks Meter: 1
Hi quality HAGAR's.... :-))))
Old 07-02-2003, 11:14   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12724
Thanks Meter: 30
Made in CHINA!!!LOL!
Old 07-02-2003, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19979
Thanks Meter: 116
most of the hagars and cconts available these days somehow dont work....either they are selling factory rejections or something.....but they just dont work......
i have tested many many different chips.....

Syed
Old 07-02-2003, 13:49   #6 (permalink)

Member: 28964
>most of the hagars and cconts available these days somehow >dont work....either they are selling factory rejections or >something.....but they just dont work......
>i have tested many many different chips.....

>Syed

Thanks Syed
I agree with you so many seem to be faulty from new. China is a larger distributor of Hagar's/ IC's sold as brand new on sealed "reel " packagaing (so is Malaysia ). I saw Hagars/Cobba's etc brand new on a sealed roll and the first 10 ICs have completely different serial numbers (from China not Mal). They looked like they were re-packed and sold as new.

I am 100% sure there are "many" factory rejections. Maybe not in every country but definately in my country (UK).

If you think the Hagar is a problem then the UEM's are worse. I know one company with 2,000 pcs of which only one in six actually work.
Old 07-02-2003, 18:39   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 14229
Thanks Meter: 135
Same thing happened to me too. thanks for your advise!
Old 07-02-2003, 19:22   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3194
Thanks Meter: 41
its happen anywhere ...

or ... may be its a cobba or ccont labeled " Hagar" because China ran out of Hagar ....
Old 07-04-2003, 03:19   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 22955
Sonork: 67574 - Not use it
Thanks Meter: 584
Everything is Made by China.And Fuse,please send me one 3210 working with HAGAR!
Old 07-04-2003, 16:21   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 27569
can u assist me which is the correct code that i need to use?
TIA
Old 07-04-2003, 17:05   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

no everything is not made by CHINA....these chips are made in CHINA, MALAYSIA and MALTA... i have experience that malaysia and malta chips are better somehow then china chips...

Syed
Old 07-07-2003, 06:13   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 22955
Sonork: 67574 - Not use it
Thanks Meter: 584
syed You have a great experience in car repair maybe!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:20   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12724
Thanks Meter: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by syed
no everything is not made by CHINA....these chips are made in CHINA, MALAYSIA and MALTA... i have experience that malaysia and malta chips are better somehow then china chips...

Syed
I agree with you
MaLta ones are good.But china CCONT and Hagar kill the phone and Cobbas"Contact service"
Old 07-08-2003, 12:18   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by mobileland
syed You have a great experience in car repair maybe!
Car repair ??what has car repair got to do with CCONT, HAGAR and COBBA....??

Syed
Old 07-08-2003, 21:58   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1133
Thanks Meter: 38
HARGAS and repackaging

Hello,

This is my views on hargas. Yes, there are many fake (repackaged) HARGAS, COBBAs and CCONT coming from China. But most of the time, this ICs are acutally manufactured in Malaysia and in China too and sold back to China as there are many buyers there. (Just like T28 parts - Many come from Malaysia and sold back to China)

Repackaging happens when an IC is difficult to get ie. CCONT goes out of stock. As we all know, it is impossible to get NEW CCONT . Most of this chips are either taken from reject boards or faulty chips and resold to inocent buyers like yourselves as NEW. Which is why, when you put them in for the first time, you get things like Contact Service, No Network etc etc. Yes, if you like, you can call it a cheat.

The best way to identify if the product is brand new is thru the production date and batch ( 3rd line on the chip for Harga ) Common sense will tell you that if the production date is close together would indicate that the chips are from either from the same batch or a few batches apart , so it is likely that it is new.while if the production date and batch which are far apart would tell you that either the chip is taken from faulty boards and repackaged as new.

Therefore, an old saying goes " Don't judge a book by it's cover" applies here. Packaging doesn't guarantee that the chip is new. This repackaging trade has been going around for ages. Don't always believe what you buy !!! Learn and see for yourself if what I say here is true.

If you need help on Hargas and COBBAs , please feel free to contact me privately.

@mobileland

"Everything is Made by China.And Fuse,please send me one 3210 working with HAGAR!" - at this point, I think Fuse was probably trying to tell us about CCONT or COBBA although in his message he mentioned HARGA. Besides, NOT everything come from China.