GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2003, 00:26   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 36099
Thanks Meter: 0
Help with 8390 Warrant fued with Nokia

Help with 8390 Warrant fued with Nokia.

Ever since i got my phone it had ****TY reception. I always thought it was rogers network. because at worked it WORKED LIKE A CHARM. after 2 months a guy at school took out his phone guess what 8390 with rogers his worked mine wasn't. I was like WTF yo let me try my sim card in yours I thought that new custumors had higher priority just to keep em happier. WRONG. mine with his sim card same ****. my sim card in his phone worked. right there i knew my phone is ****ed.

but then i had the month off for x-mas but never called nokia because i was working most of the time and it worked.

Now it got worse like a month ago. so i called rogers and they told me to go to LCS to repair it. I send in thursday and they gave it to me monday telling me they fixed the occilator and reflashed the software. they didn't do anything.
I went monday and they send it to nokia (I bought the phone october 28th 2002).

I get a call from nokia last monday (been 2 weeks the had it) and they tell me there is liquid damage. SO BULL@#$ I know it because it was like this since i got it and i never spilt any liquid on it. and PLUS to be 100% sure the guy at LCS OPENED my phone and "tweaked" the occilator he would of told me that there was liquid in it.

that's not the worst part nokia told me to bend down "150$ ESTIMATE" I was laughing at her i told her listen, if estimate is 150$ then labor is 100$ and part is 100$ so you want me to pay 350$ to fix that phone but min of 150$. I can call rogers and get my self a NEW8390 for under 150$ what's wrong with you ? and it can't be that bad it WORKES like a charm at work.

I traced the problem to when my friend's 8390 is 3 bars (mine almost always showed 4) my phone has problems 2 and 1 it's fuxed.

THIS PHONE NEVER TOUCHED WATER. and i know it works fine because i was using it in the store before i gave it to the guy. and i showed him the hissing sometimes i hear when i am on the phone and that usualy after 4-5 minutes phone just hangs up

Main question is. WHAT DO I DO NOW ? I told nokia don't touch it and ship it back to me.
Old 08-28-2003, 16:22   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19979
Thanks Meter: 116
well friend if i had been in ur place...i wouldnt have thought even twice before going to my local consumer court and sending a show cause notice to Nokia..... dont know how it works in your country...

WBR
Syed
Old 08-29-2003, 00:44   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 36099
Thanks Meter: 0
we have something like that here but what do you mean by

" sending a show cause notice to Nokia"
Old 08-29-2003, 08:15   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19979
Thanks Meter: 116
it means to send them a notice issued by the consumer court...to tell them and show why they are not doing their work.....

WBR
Syed