GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/)
-   -   Imei write to UEM? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/imei-write-uem-115061/)

Renda 12-03-2003 01:09

Imei write to UEM?

Hi,
I was told by Griffin team official seller in my country that imei can be written to UEM only by griffin (without any RPL computed file). It is against anythink i read before. I was thinking that i need RPL file (it can be some with other IMEI but same ASIC type) and write it to clear UEM. Then i will get functial phone with changed imei.

IS it true or what? In this area it lacks on information very much!

Wings 12-03-2003 02:58

Rpls

You need RPLs

BR

Eisdieler 12-03-2003 08:33

So, what if I have a phone with a broken UEM but no original RPL File. I change the UEM and want to write back the original IMEI. Can I take any other RPL file of the same ASIC type and simply change the IMEI in that file? Or is there any software to compute the RPL files?

Eisdieler

Renda 12-03-2003 09:27

I was told that there is no free soft for this. It can be done in Nokia center (but not in ours:-). I sended many email to Griffin team with no reply (regarding activation of my official box, RPL file computation, resistor modification of the box, etc.).....NO REPLY AT ALL.

Bohosh 12-03-2003 09:38

Change imei and UEM is not a simple think!!:)

FractalizeR 12-03-2003 10:24

Quote:

Originally posted by Eisdieler
So, what if I have a phone with a broken UEM but no original RPL File. I change the UEM and want to write back the original IMEI. Can I take any other RPL file of the same ASIC type and simply change the IMEI in that file? Or is there any software to compute the RPL files?

Eisdieler

As I understand there is no way for now to write custom IMEI number to phone. You CANNOT take other RPL file and change IMEI in it.
If your UEM is ok, you can read data from phone and send to Griffin team. They will calculate rpl for you for some price.

Renda 12-03-2003 10:42

To Bohosh

Thanks but I do not need such a reply! I am not dum, but from your reply I do not know If you are? Please only reply with some knowledge. And not only "it is not easy" etc.

If you are changing Imei in phones DCT4 every day and you do not want to share with us, OK no problem!

Renda 12-03-2003 10:45

to Fractalizer:

"you can send it to Griffin team", did someone tryed this? I did but without any feedback. So where you get your computed RPL's with defined IMEI from flash?

I know the theory, but what about some real work?

FractalizeR 12-03-2003 12:05

Quote:

Originally posted by Renda
to Fractalizer:

"you can send it to Griffin team", did someone tryed this? I did but without any feedback. So where you get your computed RPL's with defined IMEI from flash?

I know the theory, but what about some real work?

I never tried to ask somebody to generate RPL for me and I don't use Griffin to Rebuild IMEI. I have Trisha box and Trisha support answers my emails good. :)