GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16   #1 (permalink)

Member: 116005
Thanks Meter: 2
Unhappy N82 Camera Shutter Not Working

Hello everyone,

I tried replacing my phone housing and after I put it all together, my 5MP camera doesn't work anymore. Normally when you turn the camera shutter open, the camera application will automatically appear on the phone. But now after the dis assembly, the shutter won't respond anymore.When I open the camera application now, Its using the front camera. I'm quite sure that I follow the steps for N82 disassbembly. Does any one here know what makes the shutter trigger the 5MP camera functionality? I badly need help!

Thank you so much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickencubes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 19:30   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1061372
Thanks Meter: 9
the hole senzor from the camera shutter activate the the camera through a connector (X1440) wich has 3 pins. Check thhis the connector and the pins. I had the same problem beacause one pin was stucked. So, if you haven't a new connector just try to sold some wires between the pins and the senzors hole board.
The Following User Says Thank You to berryandrei1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 13:20   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 434631
Thanks Meter: 77
Thumbs up N82 camera not respond

N82 camera not respond
first check that u have put the magnet on the 5 mpg shutter
the magnet works as sencor on the transistor on the main bord
so just check the magnet on the shutter.
& post reply
Old 01-20-2010, 14:10   #4 (permalink)

Member: 207549
Thanks Meter: 1
I also have the same problem with my N82. I tried locating the magnet in the old housing, but unable to find one. Nomagnet found either on the old housing or the new onw. I would appreciate if anyone can help me locate the magnet on the shutter. Some picture or tutorial would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to parxwebstudios For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 14:29   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 330136
Thanks Meter: 37
check it

bro before i m same changin housing cour but camer is not working.
i m change magnet from shutter housing
check it and reply my
Old 01-20-2010, 14:32   #6 (permalink)

Member: 207549
Thanks Meter: 1
I checked the housing shutter..no magnet there. Any idea from where I can get a magnet??
Old 01-20-2010, 19:23   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1214075
Thanks Meter: 0
thank thank thank
you you you you you you you you
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 330136
Thanks Meter: 37
brother

open the camera shutter.

inside shutter magnet
100/; work camera
reply me
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06   #9 (permalink)

Member: 836093
dear bro tell any one with the help of pic where is the magnet i will be very thankful
Old 06-27-2011, 14:41   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 14423
Thanks Meter: 27
please we need a picture
Old 11-23-2011, 13:09   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1689026
Smile N82 Camera possible fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahirsahab View Post
dear bro tell any one with the help of pic where is the magnet i will be very thankful

I just wanna share my experience, this might help others with their n82 phones having problems with their rear camera. My rear camera also has stopped working for almost one month. I tried 'restore to factory settings, hard reset, updating firmware with Nokia Software Updater, Reinstalling firmware, then flashing with phoenix but still my rear camera wasnt restored. Then another day came when I was turning impatient and striving to restore the camera again and I tried reflashing it again with phoenix, and then came the incident when my laptop unexpectedly shut down due to low battery, and then my N82 became a dead phone. I tried to bring it back to life using JAF flasher and phoenix flasher strictly following their procedure in flashing dead phones but none of the two methods restored my N82, so when I grew impatient and worried, I brought my phone to a technician. I never told them about the camera problem of my N82 afraid that they might charge me with a higher price when their flashing method would not only restore my phone to life but also restore its camera as well; I only told them that it was disconnected while flashing with phoenix flashing method so it needs to be re-flashed. So they flashed my phone again, that time using MXKEY FLASHER, and my phone was restored and its camera also to my amusement was luckily restored! So guys, you might wanna try flashing your phone with Mxkey flasher. If you dont know how to do it then have a technician do it for you. Good luck!