GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 22:41   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 164504
Thanks Meter: 17
Nokia 7610+6230 software problem

Hi, I have recently bought a ufs-3 tornado and I am looking to flash two phones: Nokia 7610 and a Nokia 6230. The 7610 has a software fault where it intermitently restarts itself and the Nokia 6230 has a problem where it won't go into camera mode. Everytime I go to select the camera, it keeps saying "operation failed".
I have come to the conclusion that a full flash may be in order for both phones, but the problem is that I have no idea how to flash phones.
I have download this file ( rh-51_dp_ea_v_6_0_mcu6_0522_0 )from: http://www.gsmpartner.pl
It is an .exe and I installed it on my computer. But I don't know where to go from there. Is there a step-by-step guide to flash this phone (nokia 7610) any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ronzinio; 01-26-2006 at 08:24.
Old 01-26-2006, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
hi, it is easy really.

open the dctxbb5 short cut you should see on your desktop and click on "connect" (when box is connect to computer).

next select dct4 from the tab to the right of the screen. this is to select the group that contains your phone (dct3=old, dct4=newish, wd2=newisher, bb5=newest).

now connect your phone into its connector and plug it all into the ufs box.

if the phone powers on, then you can click "info" at the top of the ufs window (right from where you saw "connect"), the phone type box will now be auto filled along with a display of model info.

if the phone is a dead set (no power) then you will have to select its type manually. in the phone type box, select your phone model from list (it is in alphabetical order of model type not number).

click the box next to "mcu", if you have installed a data package for this phone type you will be sent to the folder contaning flash files automatically, if not, you must install the correct data package.

select the biggest file displayed in the window (ends with the number 0). this is your MCU (Master or Micro Control Unit), the main software of your phone.

do the same for PPM (post programmable memory), which is the language packs of your phone.

finally select the CNT (content pack) which is the pictures and tones preinstalled.

for a uk user as example select:
MCU: 3.640
ppm: 3.64a
cnt: 3.64.ucp_a

see the a and ucp_a which identifies the pack. use a for each if you are a new user.

now just click where it says "flash" and you will be away.

hope this will get you started mate, i love twister/ufs tool
Old 01-27-2006, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 164504
Thanks Meter: 17
OK so I flashed the 7610 with the flash tiles, been testing it today. But when I touch the buttons on the left hand side, for some reason the phone likes to restart itself. The software version on my phone is: v6.0522.0. Could it be that my keypad membrane might need replacing? Or possibly a bad flash even though the phone seems ok
Old 01-28-2006, 11:42   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
try to clean they keypad