GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 13:58   #1 (permalink)

Member: 521538
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Nokia Customer Service Scam - BE CAREFUL

Nokia Customer Service Scam - BE CAREFUL

When you have a brand new phone which is faulty. First the Nokia customer service lie to you that you can get a brand new replacement with fully sealed package and lure you to do the replacement which solve their legal obligation for faulty goods, then they give you a faulty products, which helping them to reduce the stock of faulty goods. At the end they refuse to do another replacemnt and be forced to repair at their repair centre. And you have to keep the faulty phone (may or may not be fixed).

The full story begin with my new Nokia N95 Phone which bought 3 weeks ago. After I used for couple of days I found the slider get looser and wobbling a lot. For a phone with a high price tag I found that is not acceptable so I talk to the shop which I bought from. They told me I am covered by a 14 days replacement policy, but the phone have to be inspected by Nokia manufacturer before the replacement. ok. I accept the replacement and they took my phone and send off to Nokia for inspection. Up to this point normal people will think if they accept my phone as faulty I will get a brand new phone back.Right?

However, I was alert by the inspection and return process, what if they just fix it and clam that is a replacement or return with a refurbish phone. I asked the shop they said they don't know anything about the process inside the nokia manufacturer.Then I called Nokia customer service to make sure and that is the nightmare begin. I called to the the customer service centre and told them my situation, they reply and say the replacement will be a brand new phone in the fully sealed package like you buy in the market( I confirm with her 3 time). I was very happy and glad I bought Nokia phone which come with excellent customer service. I told the shop to go ahead for replacement which still within the 14 days and waiting for my new phone to come.

I waited for 4 days and my phone is returned. But it is not in a brand new sealed package, it wrapped in a clear plastic bag and bubble wrap inside a small white cardboard box. The front screen and the front camera is protected with a hand cut sticker. I can see 2 minor scratches on the front screen after I took the plastic off and finger print on the main camera, and there is a scratches above the'3' key too. The worst is there is 5 light spots on the lens. This phone is obviously a refurbish one and it is faulty too. I called the customer service again, what they say is totally different, they say the 14 days replacement policy will keep the cover of the phone and change the whole electronic parts inside with new parts with different IMEI (they clam is new!!!). OMG, is that a replacement or totally repair??? *** know what may happen during the process.

Anyway, I told them the problems with the replacement phone and they refused to do another replacement and ask me to fix it at their repair centre. What the !!!! If I need to fix it I will do that at the first place.

I paid that much money and what I expect is a fully functional phone with no problems, is that too much to ask?? And now I have my phone which I used for less then 2 weeks replaced which is faulty and forced to repair it at the end.

Does that look like a scam to you!? first they lie to you that you will get a brand new phone will full sealed package and lure you to do the replacement which solve their legal obligation for faulty goods, then they give you a faulty products which may or may not be a new or refurbish one, helping them to reduce the stock of faulty goods. At the end you will be force to repair it their repair centre. I feeling very disapoointed with Nokia about the products, customer service and repair service now .

I still waiting for a call from Nokia customer service manager which I request 4 days ago. Unfortunatlly small customer like me will properly being ignored.

Wish someone who read this could be more alert to the refund and return policy when they decide to buy from Nokia, be careful to the scam behind it. Always ask more before you paid, if there is any problem refuse to accept the good and demand for another one at the spot. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:35   #2 (permalink)

After hours and hours of explaining and talking to the Nokia customer care agent and their manager, they finally agree to do another replacement but still not a fully sealed package exchange. Anyway, I was so glad it got a break through and I took it back to the shop to do a replacement. I waited for 1 week and the Nokia care promise reject my replacement and the reason is I didn't provide a proof of purchase which is not necessary for the first replacement. I am so disappointed. The Nokia customer care service break their promise again. What I think of is that they try to make the phone pass the 14 days replacement time so I could never ask for any replacement again.

I totally give up this time, I will just take my phone to fix and sell it as it is. And I would never touch Nokia again.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:41   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 333359
Thanks Meter: 91
Mate its happen also to other Brand. Youre just not LUCKY!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:28   #4 (permalink)

Exclamation

Nokia is playing me around again. I just got my replacement from the Nokia care promise today. They always clam that the replacement phone is brand new, but the phone I got today look like it had been used for long time, paints worn off, scratches every where, dust in the camera, the screen protector still on the screen with scratches on it <-- how can that happen if it is new???? they just try to replacing rubbish to me until I give up. And the Nokia care promise service is closed on the 1st July, so they know I can't return anymore and give me some phone that others returned. Don't ever trust their customer service and repair service. After you buy a phone from nokia (which I won't do again) and found out their is problems, either do a refund or exchange in shop. Never go repair or replace from nokia.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:08   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 399779
Thanks Meter: 125
these stories....i have heard several times.......but mate these things happen with all brands...its hard luck.......bro
Old 09-19-2008, 21:22   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 445578
Thanks Meter: 440
they only want money not to help people or customar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 21:44   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 340957
Thanks Meter: 65
dats the problem with big corporation. they can do you down n get away with it,
i dont think you shoud just leave da matter cuz dats wat dey want. for u 2 get fedup n sit with fone
Old 09-19-2008, 21:45   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 256801
Thanks Meter: 49
Yes they will give u a swap phone not new which will be without any cover i think that's their replacement process