GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 13:07   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1399763
Thanks Meter: 1
Lightbulb Nokia Lumia 1020 power/lock button stucked

Hi guys. I'm a proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1020 and to be honest this phone rocks. :smileyhappy:
Few days ago I've accidently dropped it in water. It took me a couple of seconds ti put it out and immediately started to shake it to remove the water from the inside. The phone was working well continuously only the power/lock button was acting strange. It wasn't responsive at all. When I've tried to power it off it didn't let me. It stayed powered on. For precautions I've disassembled the screen and put it along the body of the phone in a sealed box of rise. My mistake was that I didn't disconnect the battery. It was turned on all the time.
It stayed some 20h like that. After that I've reassembled it again and for my luck it was working like a charm. Everything except the power/lock button. What I realized was that the button is stuck in active state. Physically is ok. When I press it it's working great but it is always active. I've noticed this when I tried to lock and power off the phone. It didn't let me. But when I hold Only the volume down button the phone makes the soft reset. The camera is also unavailable. When I start it with the dedicated button it starts, shows the loading... Status and goes back to start screen again. I think that this is caused by the power /lock button. I know that the camera is working because when I did hard reset on the phone during the startup setup it activated the camera and the next time I've started it rejected me again to the start screen. I have a solid phone repair knowledge cause I have been working in on local repair shop few years ago so I can do some basic repairs. So I'm asking, could it be the flat cable that is causing this? Maybe the button itself or the connector on the motherboard? Thanks.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:00   #2 (permalink)

Ok guys. Just to let you know I've fix the problem. I've totally disassembled the phone, clear all the contacts with contact spray (there was a lot corrosion on the motherboard) and when I've reassembled it... Voala... �� We're back in business. The disassembly process is not quite so hard. There are not so many elements and screws. Now just let's hope that there isn't some active corrosion left somewhere there.
If anyone have some questions about this phone feel free to ask. For me, Thread closed. Thanks and take care. ��
Old 01-03-2015, 16:05   #3 (permalink)

And now we are back in game. This thing has stopped working again. Now i have another problem.
I've ordered a new flex cable on eBay and now i can't seem to find a solution for how to remove the old one and place the new one. The flex cable itself is stuck with one part which is hard glued on the plastic. There is no way to be removed. Any ideas or some similar stories for someone?
Thanks.