GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Universal GSM Software

Universal GSM Software Write here for questions about Universal GSM Software. Example: USPU, twinsim, sms-soft, drivers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 21:26   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2380210
Thanks Meter: 0
Business having GSM problems. HELP!

Hi guys. I am at a business right on the US/Canadian border.

We order lockers from China and are having issues with the GSM modem sending out an SMS text. I think because we are basically in a dead-zone. If you stand on one side of the building you get Canadian reception from the outside. If you stand on the US side of our building you then get US reception. But in the building is a problem.

This is how the system is supposed to work.

A customer comes in with a login and password. They type those in and then the GSM modem is supposed to send out a 4 or 6 digit code to they phone. They then type that code in to complete the log in. They can then pop the lockers open and receive their packages.

I believe because of the poor reception the unit has trouble sending out a text. I have gotten it to do so but then it will not send out a second text. The chinese guys were able to do the same remotely. One text, then modem ERRORS the next time.

I am think I could run a very long antenna outside?

The chinese guys have suggested sending text via internet message gateway. But it will cost us another $500.00 for them to program.

I feel this is just to complicated to post on here but I figured i'd better try anyways.

I can give more info, but at work writing this up quickly.
Thank you for your time.

Ian