GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Motorola P2k (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f166/)
-   -   Flash new phones to v600 with a BETTER flash (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f166/flash-new-phones-v600-better-flash-127391/)

ronnyek 02-15-2004 21:40

Flash new phones to v600 with a BETTER flash

Well, many of you probably jumped right on the bandwagon and flashed your v300/400/500 to the v600, just as soon as that triplets flash hit motclub.com.... but shortly thereafter realized that your camera and batterylife is bad.

Anyway, www.v525.com released a new flash...
TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR_A_LP0039_JPG_0B_TRIP_0B_04.05 R_SE6446AXXF10F8_1FF

Which appears to have fixed any and all problems I had... I have yet to see if battery is really better, but it definately seems that way.

Check it out.

cookci 02-16-2004 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnyek
Well, many of you probably jumped right on the bandwagon and flashed your v300/400/500 to the v600, just as soon as that triplets flash hit motclub.com.... but shortly thereafter realized that your camera and batterylife is bad.

Which appears to have fixed any and all problems I had... I have yet to see if battery is really better, but it definately seems that way.

Check it out.

does the phone need re flexing?

is there any noticable differences?

snowweasel 02-16-2004 23:03

Could anyone tell me (or direct me to) some clear directions for flashing/flexing a v500 to a v600? I've searched the forum, and everyone talks about doing it, but I can't find any directions (at least in English) other than on MOTclub, and they say you end up with a vodafone locked phone using their directions, which I do not want, as I have an unlocked v500. Thanks!

cookci 02-16-2004 23:06

you downloaded motorola PST 6.7 and the crack from motclub yet?

snowweasel 02-16-2004 23:29

I think so. I don't actually have the phone or cable with me just yet, but should be getting them within the week, I'm just trying to figure out how to do this, step by step, before then. I do have PST 6.7 for sure, and if by the crack, you mean the TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR yada yada .shx file, then yes, I have it too (from v525.com, I also downloaded the .rar files from MOTclub, but apparently need a password to compile them...not sure, as the program I'm using is in spanish too) What I'm looking for is step by step directions, as I did for the Siemens S40 (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95501) Is it as simple as running the program and flashing the firmware? the directions I found on MOTclub that had been translated made it sound quite difficult to do (having to copy and rename files at certain times to trick the phone into uploading the V600 firmware, plus it said it would be locked) I'm willing to do this, I just want to know what method most people used (especially the one's who have succesfully done this and ended up with an unlocked phone). Thanks

cookci 02-16-2004 23:45

no thats the firmware not the crack.

download PST then Patched files from:

http://www.motclub.com/html/programs.htm#pst

ronnyek 02-17-2004 02:18

for me, no need to re-flex... just reflashed... stuff dissapeared like the engineering menu etc... but overall, the phone is much more usable...

What I did was, use pst phone flasher to flash the firmware, then pst programmer to open pflex and flash that.

Then I used VictorGSM to do factory reset, then reset callerid and java applloader menus.

Works like a beast. Dont know yet, but this very well may have still unlocked the phone... I know that they said the firmware was for vodaphone... but its working perfectly with cingular... also, before this flash and I was running old v600 flash, I coul duse t-mobile and att sims...

cookci 02-17-2004 14:07

Works on O2 just fine... all seems real good... cheers mate.

One thing i love that seems to be improved is that it now holds MANY more text messages in the inbox - 200 ish rather than 10 i think!!!!

Is this just me or was that the firmware?

oscar8x 02-17-2004 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnyek

Check it out.

All programs u need and the flash you can download from
http://www.v525.com/modules/newbb/vi...a90e37d6532969

I did a guide for flashing in this post. I will translate it to english. There u can find the PST 6.7, the new flash (it works without problems). We discovered with this firmware flex isn't necesary. Due to that, start the guide from the 7th step (in the spanish version). Only download pst and flash is needed for flashing.

lutech 02-17-2004 21:33

plz ,tell me via cable may flashing v300 ,com i can,t. how unlock this phone?

Invisible 02-18-2004 12:21

hi,

just for info, external display lost his "inverted" text look and now display regular filled letters, also nice "pFlex error phone subsidy locked" as start message..
everything looks work great

best regards
Invisible

oscar8x 02-18-2004 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invisible
hi,

just for info, external display lost his "inverted" text look and now display regular filled letters, also nice "pFlex error phone subsidy locked" as start message..
everything looks work great

best regards
Invisible

If you haven't ur mobile unlocked, it appears this message "error phone ....".

Invisible 02-18-2004 13:44

yes, thatīs far clear
""pFlex error phone subsidy locked" obiously phone is locked,
but just a message, all working fine

best regards
Invisible

ronnyek 02-18-2004 15:26

so flashing with this flash/flex, if your phone locked fails, or works just fine, just stays locked to the current locked network?

I think flashing to the old v600 software (the crappy software) actually unlocked or something, because it was only after that, that I could use other sims

aarons6 02-19-2004 21:37

if you flash it with the firmware, then reflex it with the one from motclub with the engineering menu do you still get to keep the 200 messages?