GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Motorola P2k (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f166/)
-   -   The Smart-Clip S-Card Dongle GOOD INVESTISMENT OR NOT (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f166/smart-clip-s-card-dongle-good-investisment-not-354809/)

llcoolr 12-06-2006 09:28

The Smart-Clip S-Card Dongle GOOD INVESTISMENT OR NOT

FU_Too 12-06-2006 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by llcoolr (Post 2125594)

if you want to continue using Smart Clip and Smoto with latest updates then its obvious its good investment. If this dongle allows you to unlock 10 phones more than you can currently unlock then you can safely say youve got your money back. Unless you feel that 1000% return is the only good investment.:rolleyes:

fgl30 12-06-2006 11:18

Well, for me this S-card update was the joke of the year... Pay extra 60$ to use MY device in another computer? Continue paying for support? Can´t use old files collection? I don´t see this as good investiment.... I was expecting something like no tp (at least)........... Something really new.......

Gr8SightMan 12-06-2006 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgl30 (Post 2125795)
Well, for me this S-card update was the joke of the year... Pay extra 60$ to use MY device in another computer? Continue paying for support? Canīt use old files collection? I donīt see this as good investiment.... I was expecting something like no tp (at least)........... Something really new.......

100% correct ........

kenzhe 12-06-2006 12:31

Quote:

Well, for me this S-card update was the joke of the year... Pay extra 60$ to use MY device in another computer? Continue paying for support? Can´t use old files collection? I don´t see this as good investiment.... I was expecting something like no tp (at least)........... Something really new.......
your right man...
if you dont buy S-card. you cant update your smartclip mate...

llcoolr 12-06-2006 13:15

all right ....................... ;)

fgl30 12-06-2006 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenzhe (Post 2125948)
your right man...
if you dont buy S-card. you cant update your smartclip mate...

in fact I donīt need it..... SC isnīt the only tool for moto.... Ultima is pretty good with good suport from Legija and tons of files..... Victor is very expensive (in my opinion), but is better invest a lot of money once and have all you need (support, flash files, no paid updates).... even Flash&Backup is better than SC nowadays.....

fgl30 12-06-2006 13:26

sorry, duplicated coz forum overloaded

llcoolr 12-12-2006 20:19

lmt 12-13-2006 06:53

your right man, i think the same!!!

Blartiartfast 12-13-2006 10:54

Just to update the later posters.
SC can unlock now without testpoint, flash language, etc.
Never used the flash files from the support site as I could never get around the download speeds being so slow, and RSD does just a good a job with easily available flashpacks.
Finally as mentioned earlier it will also unlock several new models....Got my money back, and a few quid more just unlocking these newer models.. Only been to work twice since the s key was released. So in my opinion, yes it is a good investment.

They could have also knocked the lot on the head after their clip was cracked, and released a new solution with the s-card in it.....There would have been some right royal moaning at that idea I'm sure.
At the end of the day, MSS is very good, ULTIMA.....well I have no idea, but they all cost a hell of a lot more than $60.
Do the math and work out for yourself if $60 is a worthwhile investment.