GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   LG (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/)
-   -   LG U880 DEAD Firmware 10A UK (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/lg-u880-dead-firmware-10a-uk-321786/)

mike67 08-07-2006 01:25

LG U880 DEAD Firmware 10A UK

Hi guysI have a major problem after trying to unlock a customers phone.. The files cant flash and Phone is stuck on " 3 " Showing on the screen.I followed proper procedures and tried to use both USB and COM cable but nothing This is what happens FIrst when i connect Cable to Phone .. in the hardware manager it shows LG Modem on Com 21 and LG USB to Serial on COM 22When i try to search the phone thru the software it never sees it until i have to do manual com search than it sees the phone .. i try to flash all the 3 files with Erase EFS and it starts flashing as soon as it finishes Burning modem it goes to waiting for the phone to reconnect and there is a pop up on my computer that says USB item Not found ... and than it stay like that and it doesnt restore the NV so it doesnt conitnue to Flash the Media and Module Secondly i tried to restore the NV backup from the Forum manually and it did but everytime it finishes Modem Burning on the screen of the phone it shows "File System Startup Please wait and thats it it gets stuck there ..I dont know what is wrong and where i went wrong ... i tried to revive the phone by reading different solutions in the forum but nothing it just doesnt flash fully all 3 files ...Can someone please help me and if i need to flash Full firmware i need version 10A 3 UK .. i have full firmware Fversion 10A IT.. I even tried that one but always it gets stuck trying to communicate with the phone and thats it .. nothing happens and i fail to flash the 2 remaining files Media and Module ..Please please please Help me My MSN is [email protected] and i need step by step help as it is customers phone and he is already very angry ..Help will be highly appreciattedThanksMike

jerieves 08-07-2006 02:29

i did unlocked several lg u880 already, but i never encounter that problem maybe you must wait because it realy long to flash that phone.. you can contact me through my YM too [email protected]

parkin13 08-07-2006 19:27

have you tried pressing 2+5 together while you turn on the phone(emergency mode), it should just stay on the three sign and let you partially flash it then you can turn on the phone (hope fully not doing the flashing thing) then you can just flash it properly. i had that problem and this method solved it. give us a shout if you need any more help ([email protected])

mike67 08-07-2006 22:38

Hi guys

Thanks a million for helping ..actually the problems was my computer .becuase it was not auto detecting the phone thats why it getting stuck during the NV restore ,,, I flashed it using my laptop and it worked just fine because the phone was detected \Automatically and finally it is unlocked ..ofcourse i am still looking for the right file which will activate the SOS key in UK firmware ...

Thanks
Mike

bogg7 08-08-2006 10:45

TRY to flash with the original usb cable from the unit

mike67 08-09-2006 10:26

Thanks Bogg7

I have managed to flash the phone and its working fine it wasnt the cable it was the computer ...No i am looking for the right flash file to activate SOS

mc1_mc2 08-09-2006 11:15

try this one m8 :-)

http://rapidshare.de/files/23310143/...nlock.bin.html

waleed2 09-18-2006 09:25

PLEASE CAN YOU UPLOAD IT IN OTHER WEBSITE NOT RAPID SHARE BECAUSE WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT ISEE You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?
Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 38 minutes)

abdulwajid147 11-06-2006 09:12

when i connnect my u880 with Pc ,its shown usb not recognised and display is blinked on 3..i am using orignal usb cable and Flasher of u880 ...waiting for Help....................

nouri23 11-06-2006 10:12

i was recived u880 when u power on it come file startup i can't flash it with normal mode connection not stabilised ( reconnect evry 2sec) i flash with 2 5 power mode this mode aloud flash first file only (modem) after flash phone restart with sime problem (file system startup pleas wait) i was flash V10b i need medem file v10a

07heaven 11-25-2006 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike67 (Post 1917777)
Hi guys

Thanks a million for helping ..actually the problems was my computer .becuase it was not auto detecting the phone thats why it getting stuck during the NV restore ,,, I flashed it using my laptop and it worked just fine because the phone was detected \Automatically and finally it is unlocked ..ofcourse i am still looking for the right file which will activate the SOS key in UK firmware ...

Thanks
Mike

I kept re-reading what Mike was trying to say, as I had this problem and kept getting USB errors. and didn't fully understand what he was trying to say.

When he says "not auto detecting", you have to manually Select in the software, U880 (top left corner)
Power on the phone 2+5+PWR
Select the phone, select the Erase from the dropdown menu! and then flash the 'AMSS MODEM IMAGE'
Once completed, you can flash the phone as normal, the 3 files!