GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Multimedia (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f18/)
-   -   *.sis to *.jad (or jar) converter needed ! (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f18/sis-jad-jar-converter-needed-194784/)

BB-gsm 03-16-2005 23:44

*.sis to *.jad (or jar) converter needed !

Guyz !

The converter software needed...

.sis to .jad

Let me see who`s got it :D

Thanks and Regards,
BeQuA ;)

Bypx 03-16-2005 23:53

You cannot convert these files. Sis are for symbian based phones.

Jar are normal java games/apps

umapati 03-17-2005 05:49

.Jar RO .Jad

I have downloaded a game horse race for my nokia 6600.But it shows two files-one is .jar and other is .jad.I dont know which file I should install and what to do with the other file.Plz help.

vboar 03-17-2005 06:03

install d jar files.. open it with fileexplorer or copy it to c:\nokia\install\ n u dont have to do a thing bout the jad file.. hehe..

umapati 03-17-2005 12:08

What abt .jad files?

Then what is the use of .jad file.What is it meant for?

vboar 03-18-2005 19:03

i dunno it either.. but its come up after u install jar file.. maybe install data.. i dunno.. hehehe.. but it have no use anyway u just have to install jar file.. rite brother? sorry for not knowing.. :')

phoenix142 03-19-2005 11:16

Jad files are for some phoenes and the newer phones uses them as game files to if you download them from a magazine or something...
Ányway... My Nokia 6230 installs games as *.jar but if i get games or something from a magazine it is *.jad files.

BB-gsm 03-20-2005 00:49

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm...Nothing useful ?

Come on guyz !

Ok, if we got this UnMakeSIS software, can we make from these unmade .sis files to one .jad file?

hyparzero 03-20-2005 05:36

Sis files are specifically made for Symbian OS phones. Sis programs can access more of the phone's hardware like controlling the camera, turning on/off the infra-red, utilising realtime 3D graphics etc.

Jad and jar files are for java only. Java does not allow the phone to control anything else other than itself. For games and applications only.

Its like asking to dismantle a V12 Ferrari and putting parts into a goldfish to achieve the same speeds.

BB-gsm 03-20-2005 23:41

Does everyone think like this one above?

Ripper2004 03-21-2005 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyparzero
Sis files are specifically made for Symbian OS phones. Sis programs can access more of the phone's hardware like controlling the camera, turning on/off the infra-red, utilising realtime 3D graphics etc.

Jad and jar files are for java only. Java does not allow the phone to control anything else other than itself. For games and applications only.

Its like asking to dismantle a V12 Ferrari and putting parts into a goldfish to achieve the same speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB-gsm
Does everyone think like this one above?

hyparzero's comments are not just one mans opinion they are fact, a Java app can be programmed for a Symbian device but you cannot decompile a symbian program and recompile as Java. What you are asking for BB-gsm is completely and utterly impossible to achieve.

Read the following, a little OT but may help you understand.

http://symbian.compactbyte.com/

mohan kakola 03-31-2005 18:51

how does unmakesis work

pak_100 03-31-2005 20:00

SIS->JAR (impossible) Unmake SIS ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohan kakola
how does unmakesis work

hello,
when we install any SIS file on our mobile, all data files are extracted from sis files & sent to necessay folders (eg. Applications , DATA , Install , etc.).
We can install any sis file manually also. U need to know the name of the folders in which u want to put those files.
Unmake SIS program is used to extract all the files from given SIS file & save those on ur hard disk in the same manner as it would appear on the phone.
one more thing, There is no such application by which we can convert
SIS -> JAR. It's just like asking for whether WATER can be converted into some acidic form or not? :) :D
Unmake sis & make sis program is used by crackers so that they can replace the .app file & replace it with cracked one.

vboar 04-01-2005 00:28

anybody know what d use of .jad files? iam curious..

Bryx Dolby 04-01-2005 06:20

I am also interested for this .sis to .jad [.jar] files converter. Anybody can share ideas or soft? Thanks.

BR