GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12   #16 (permalink)

Member: 292409
Thanks Meter: 0

Yes, on my other laptop using a CSR device it doesn't work (same problems on security, device failed, etc),. But it works smoothly on the other one that uses a BCM-based chip.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:24   #17 (permalink)

Member: 292409
Works smoothly with Jabra BT620s + AVRCP + A2DP + XPx64

Works very much ok with XPx64 on BCM2035 BT device and BT620s. AVRCP works flawlessly now, with all functions available (pause, next/previous track) which works intermittently on v5.1.0.1100.

I noticed a new device under HID, which says Bluetooth Remote Control.

Only thing is, in the Device Manager, the BT device is identified as ANYCOM Blue USB-130 , which used to be Broadcom Bluetooth Device, but I don't mind.

Works great also with BT250v headset, no problems so far when used with Yahoo Voice and Skype.

Also, I didn't have to run the license patcher. It installed smoothly, and so far no nags.
Old 07-18-2006, 15:53   #18 (permalink)

Member: 199624
Thanks Meter: 1
I have updated other bluetooth software numerous times all OK, but this update for some reason won't play ball. My dongle is CSR device and have noticed that other members are having difficulties Csr.

Could the gurus please look into this Thanks

Joezep
Old 07-19-2006, 02:19   #19 (permalink)
MB.

Member: 312911
...hope this isn't a double post...

I have a W/Station running Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition.

I also have a Microsoft Optical Elite Desktop for BlueTooth 2.0 (what a *****full).

As everyone here is probably aware, MS do not provide a bluetooth stack with WS-2003-EE, as they seem to think nobody would ever want to use their Microsoft BT Keyboard/Mouse with their Microsoft O/S...

Anyway... so I downloaded this Widcomm package and ran the setup.exe... hoping to cure the problem.

Setup said that it failed to find the BT-Radio (which was plugged in) and the Device Manager still shows it with the big yellow (?!) symbol.

My BT-Mouse is managing to provide basic point and click functionality (although no scroll or application buttons) and it would appear to be providing info on the battery state... but that's the extent of it's function.

My BT-Keyboard is not working at all... even though the driver seems to be gathering info on the battery state.

I have both IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.5 installed, but can seem to get them to be correctly paired.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do next or what I screwed up ??

I'd really like to get this going, as I'm finding life with a std keyboard very difficult, after years of MS brain-washing on where the ins/del/home/etc/etc keys should be...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB.
...hope this isn't a double post...

I have a W/Station running Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition.

I also have a Microsoft Optical Elite Desktop for BlueTooth 2.0 (what a *****full).

As everyone here is probably aware, MS do not provide a bluetooth stack with WS-2003-EE, as they seem to think nobody would ever want to use their Microsoft BT Keyboard/Mouse with their Microsoft O/S...

Anyway... so I downloaded this Widcomm package and ran the setup.exe... hoping to cure the problem.

Setup said that it failed to find the BT-Radio (which was plugged in) and the Device Manager still shows it with the big yellow (?!) symbol.

My BT-Mouse is managing to provide basic point and click functionality (although no scroll or application buttons) and it would appear to be providing info on the battery state... but that's the extent of it's function.

My BT-Keyboard is not working at all... even though the driver seems to be gathering info on the battery state.

I have both IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.5 installed, but can seem to get them to be correctly paired.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do next or what I screwed up ??

I'd really like to get this going, as I'm finding life with a std keyboard very difficult, after years of MS brain-washing on where the ins/del/home/etc/etc keys should be...
In order to make your MS Mouse special buttons work with Intellimouse, read this thread :

http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=124988

Adi
Old 07-19-2006, 03:50   #21 (permalink)
MB.

Thanks, but that's not the solution.

I don't have a keyboard at all... and only have minimal mouse functions.

More importantly... the BT-Radio shows as not working properly, in the device manager, and clicking on the BT icon in the systray, returns "Bluetooth device not found"

I'm sure that the main problem is somewhee in that lot.

All that I did was run the setup.exe in the "Widcomm 5.1.0.1700" folder of the package.

The setup told me that there was no BT device (ie no BT-Radio) and asked if I wanted to install anyway... which I did.

I'm wondering if the .inf file in the Win32 folder needs to be tweaked to support my O/S ???
Old 07-19-2006, 04:11   #22 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 177301
Thanks Meter: 47
Question 1700 doesn't work for me either

I tried 1700 yesterday with my Dell BT 350. It doesn't work either. WinXP found it and all drivers installed as usual. But the BT 350 just can't pair with any of my BT devices.

PS. Dell BT 350 uses CSR chip
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56   #23 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB.
Thanks, but that's not the solution.

I don't have a keyboard at all... and only have minimal mouse functions.

More importantly... the BT-Radio shows as not working properly, in the device manager, and clicking on the BT icon in the systray, returns "Bluetooth device not found"

I'm sure that the main problem is somewhee in that lot.

All that I did was run the setup.exe in the "Widcomm 5.1.0.1700" folder of the package.

The setup told me that there was no BT device (ie no BT-Radio) and asked if I wanted to install anyway... which I did.

I'm wondering if the .inf file in the Win32 folder needs to be tweaked to support my O/S ???
You have a lot of reading to do. Read out the other threads about how to modify the btwusb.inf file with the PID and VID of your dongle and how to manually switch from the Microdoft drivers to the Widcomm ones, once that is done.

Adi
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22   #24 (permalink)
MB.

Oh, ok... I'll just uninstall it.

I thought that this place might be a bit more helpful than that.

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:56   #25 (permalink)

Member: 284528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB.
Oh, ok... I'll just uninstall it.

I thought that this place might be a bit more helpful than that.

Thanks anyway.
MB,

To install the WidComm drivers posted in this thread, you would need to:

1. Uninstall ALL existing Bluetooth drivers.

2. Replace the file BTWUSB.INF contained in the BTW\Win32 folder of the WidComm v5.1.0.1700 package with the corresponding file from the v5.1.0.1100 package (found in another thread in this forum).

3. Install v5.1.0.1700. If it complains that no Bluetooth adapter is found, install anyway.

4. Run the included license patcher.

5. Reboot.

If you haven't been following the threads on this forum, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a feel for making these Bluetooth drivers work. It's not real tough, but if you haven't been following along for a while, it will probably not be very clear.
Old 07-19-2006, 17:19   #26 (permalink)

Member: 290388
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisor19
You have a lot of reading to do. Read out the other threads about how to modify the btwusb.inf file with the PID and VID of your dongle and how to manually switch from the Microdoft drivers to the Widcomm ones, once that is done.

Adi
oh... that's VERY interesting to me... just what i'm looking for... WHERE can i read that? sorry, but i'm not as familiar with this forum.... thanks adi!

Last edited by spud_2011; 07-19-2006 at 17:50.
Old 07-19-2006, 17:27   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonR
MB,

To install the WidComm drivers posted in this thread, you would need to:

1. Uninstall ALL existing Bluetooth drivers.

2. Replace the file BTWUSB.INF contained in the BTW\Win32 folder of the WidComm v5.1.0.1700 package with the corresponding file from the v5.1.0.1100 package (found in another thread in this forum).

3. Install v5.1.0.1700. If it complains that no Bluetooth adapter is found, install anyway.

4. Run the included license patcher.

5. Reboot.

If you haven't been following the threads on this forum, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a feel for making these Bluetooth drivers work. It's not real tough, but if you haven't been following along for a while, it will probably not be very clear.
just a doubt...
how can i run the license patcher while, prior to reboot, i haven't yet activate BT device? the patcher simply list to me an unknown device at this point...(so neither a valid VID can be found nor i'm able to do anything) where i am wrong?
Old 07-19-2006, 17:27   #28 (permalink)

EDIT: sorry double post..
Old 07-19-2006, 19:59   #29 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 40901
Thanks Meter: 2
you can run it after reboot if you like.

Oh and nice upload, good to see the updates are still coming regularly.
Old 07-19-2006, 22:44   #30 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm4489
you can run it after reboot if you like.

Oh and nice upload, good to see the updates are still coming regularly.
Just keeping an eye open for new versions, oh and good to see your patcher is still working

Adi