GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > FuriousGold

FuriousGold FuriouS GOLD Support Area | Powered by FuriousTeam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 18:43   #16 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 82693
Thanks Meter: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsoftkiller View Post
Wipe your handset, check if you copy the policy bin in the right folder. Reinstall the desktp manager and again follow step by step. I test it many times !!!
how can i wipe my BB 8700?

REGARDS.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:51   #17 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 180675
Sonork: 100.111161
Thanks Meter: 411
Donate money to this user
good wrk
thankx in advance
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30   #18 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 240665
Thanks Meter: 94
Workes like magic!!!

Just wiped my Blackberry 8300 Curve with the procedure. Very very simple and self explanatory. Really works fine. Thanks Wahab for the guidance. Where you @? Long time I heard from you. Let me hear from you bro.
Old 11-07-2008, 17:11   #19 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 250468
Sonork: 100.110362
Thanks Meter: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyelephantt View Post
Just wiped my Blackberry 8300 Curve with the procedure. Very very simple and self explanatory. Really works fine. Thanks Wahab for the guidance. Where you @? Long time I heard from you. Let me hear from you bro.
I'm fine, just has some troubles with family, works but everything is fine now
Old 11-15-2009, 17:03   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 108193
Thanks Meter: 70
after i install policy i can make calls but after that batery to low to for radio use and battery is full. how can i uninstall that policy?
Old 07-06-2010, 23:15   #21 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 992258
Thanks Meter: 21
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsoftkiller View Post
Problem is due to IT policy !!!
If after reflash your phone still have this problem then try this working solution tested by me many times

Removing IT Policy.

Note: See this post.

This is a How-To for removing IT policy from your BB. In essence, what this does is apply a blank IT policy to the device. The blank IT policy does, unfortunatly, leave some IT policy firewalls in place, however. For instance "keystroke injection" is set by default to "deny" on most IT policies. This blank policy won't give back "allow" for this feature. This becomes a problem if you desire to use a Bluetooth keyboard. You'll be unable to use the keyboard. If a way is found to get this back then I'll edit this post accordingly. A quick check to see if your BB is under IT policy can be done by going to Options/Security on your Device. If you see any references to IT Policy whatsoever, then you have a potentially restrictive IT Policy that can be removed.

The Disclaimer/Intended Use.

This guide is intended for use by people that own their own Blackberry, and for whatever reason, have inherited a company's IT policy on their device. Really, there are two scenarios where this guide is useful.
You bought a Blackberry on eBay and are unable to make changes to the settings or install Third Party Applications.
You have a Blackberry that was previously connected to a company's BES and, for whatever reason, you no longer intend to connect to that BES.
Important: If you're still connected to a company BES, and simply want to install the latest and greatest third party application I would not recommend this approach. Talk to your BES administrators and ask them to grant you the appropriate rights. There are two problems in using this guide to bypass your company's security policy. First, whenever you reconnect to the company server, your security settings will revert back to how they were. Second, and perhaps more importantly, you run the risk of getting fired.

Procedure:

Step 1
Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.
If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2
Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3
Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.
If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4
Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5
From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6
Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7
Connect the Device.
Verification

Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

A big thanks to 7100simpleisbetter and barjohn of BlackberryForums.com for this BB saving procedure.

Original thread here

It WORKS

I try it on many BB phones and it works
It works
It works