GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > NSPRO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 03:37   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 188959
Thanks Meter: 7
Big problem just got bigger

I have had no end of dramas with the new software not opening , freezing , or initialising but not responding, however I could always reload 3.6.0 off the original disc to work. Now however , when I reload 3.6.0 , it says connection error , so now I have NO access to ANY NSPRO software .
I have deleted all files out of the directory , updated nspro , and all other related drivers . I have done EXACTLY how it says on the help prompts , but to no avail .I have done everything the forums suggest, replaced cables , tried different ports , but the versions will not open .The screen freezes on initialising , and the only way to stop it is to hard power down the system
Can someone please help ,m with a step by step solution, as my NSPRO is the most important unlocker I use. THanks in advance....
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1044313
Thanks Meter: 49
hi, when the screen freezes is it white? if yes check in your device manager to see if the egate drivers r properly installed.. also on this frozen screen try pressing the tab key to see if it shows u an error which is hidden behind the frozen screen.... this sounds like the runtime error.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hi Tony , yes mate have egate drivers installed [SETOOLS], and device manager says is working proerly .Screen freezes on initialsing, I have even tried updating drivers , have been working on it for 19 hours , doing everything possible .It opened once , but the next time I opened it , it froze on the init screen again! Once it freezes on that screen , you cannot get rid of it , thats why I have to HARD power down the system. Hope you have an answer , as it is driving me to the point of insanity!!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

do you have any other boxes connected when trying this?
also the connection error u mention... is this a box connection error... or a card update connection error ? try letting the software through your firewall to solve that type of connection error.

a good way of testing the card reader part of nspro is to put your nspro card into a jaf pkey reader but also plug your nspro box in. if that lets u run nspro software then u have an issue with either the card reader in nspro or the drivers.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK, just plugged SETOOLS into nspro port , and it says" ftdibus.sys" on FTDI drivers disc is needed. Type the path where this is located .
I'd say this is the issue [worked ok before so no idea how drivers were removed.]
What is the path do you know? .Cheeeeers
Old 10-05-2009, 04:04   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

btw if u have sonork i can try and help u in more realtime. 100.1585154
Old 10-05-2009, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

X:\Program Files\NsPro\NsPro Driver
X = your drive letter.... probably C ....
Old 10-05-2009, 04:20   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Thanks aheap! , will download new v again and give vit a bash . Let you know . Thanks for the advice
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

no problems, if after installing the drivers properly u get error 0x01 have a look at this thread http://www.nsdongle.com/forum/index.....msg41420.html
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK , this is what I have discovered after hours of trying to get things going . I managed to reinstal nspro on another system. In my opinion , it is EXTREMELY unstable compared to previous versions.I hope I don't get driver conflicts with my Polar box as well, this is why I seperated in the first place
Secondly , I tried to instal other softwares on the suspect port . I have found that it either does not have , or cannot run FTDI drivers, every software asks for these drivers [except nspro ,which just sits frozen]. The port can 'see' all other boxes EXCEPT nspro for some reason.
My problem is that I seem to have a dead port at present , so how can I reinstal the driver to the port ??? All help greatly appreciated....
Old 10-05-2009, 08:04   #11 (permalink)
Ped
No Life Poster

Member: 86956
Thanks Meter: 104
Hi, could you not just "swap" the SETOOL and NSPRO ports over, and then install the drivers?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Already tried that! , SETool asks for driver path , and when I type , it says path not exist? . At a loss atm unfortunatley..
Old 10-05-2009, 17:56   #13 (permalink)
Ped
No Life Poster

Member: 86956
Thanks Meter: 104
But if you have SETOOL and NSPRO installed, just point them to the right folders where the drivers are, when you get to the folder, pull down the box to reveal "all files" and the ftdixxx ect ect should be visible.
Old 10-05-2009, 17:57   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

ok, lets try it manually..... firstly disconnect all boxes, plug in nspro, install the latest software (unless your box is older than 1 year and u havnt paid the activation then install 5.2.3) once the software is installed go to your control panel, in classic view click add hardware, the add hardware box will open, click next.... it will do a little search etc... when it asks if u have connected it click yes and press next... a list of hardware will pop up, scroll down to the bottom of the list and find "add a new hardware device" highlight that and click next..... then it will ask u if u want windows to search or install the hardware manually, choose install manually (advanced) then click next, leave show all devices highlighted and click next, then in the next window u will see an option "have disk" click that... then browse to your nspro drivers directory (usually C:\Program Files\NsPro\NsPro Driver but C could be D etc etc) click ok then u should see axalto in the manufacturer window and e-gate virtual reader enumerator in the model window, click next... then it will say hardware to install e-gate virtual reader......... etc etc to start installing your new hardware click next.... so click next .... after this it should be installed correctly!! click finish and try to open the software.....
if this doesnt work then theres a good chance something is broken somewhere!!