GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Data1 Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 20:33   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 182006
Thanks Meter: 41
data 1 /platinum talking clip

Hi
Sometime ago I purchased a data 1 (the one that looks like a 3410 ) and also a platinum talking clip .
Both bits of kit gave sterling service but I recently got wet while at market now neither work !
I need to replace both items but as there is a degree of duplication I only want to buy one . Am I right in thinking that the Data 1 is the current model in this series ?
I am confused as to the latest version and current price ?
Can a U.K. reseller please give me advice here ?
Thanks
Steve
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 318507
Thanks Meter: 17
I am a user not a dealer.

Data1 = brilliant. No longer supported.

Platimun clip = best clip in my collection for ease of use. No longer supported.

I would advise getting the new Superclip3. I have Superclip2 which is more or less the same. Not so easy to use as the Platinum but does all the same phones plus a lot of newer ones and is constantly being updated.

This is only my opinion. If you ask 6 different people you will get 6 different answers.

It may be possible to get your clips fixed. Take the batteries out and don't be tempted to put them back in. Private me if you want to try and get them fixed.
Old 10-14-2006, 20:10   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi
I already have a superclip 2 but I often find that one or other clip will not connect to a particular phone but I can usually unlock most phones if I keep trying with different clips .

Steve
Old 10-14-2006, 20:20   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I used to have trouble with some phones on SC2 then realised I was not following the instructions exactly. Having said that, some experimentation is needed as some instructions are ambiguous. You must also have all the latest updates installed.

Which phones do you have trouble with?
Old 10-15-2006, 10:51   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi
I run a busy market stall and unlock phones in front of my customers (often my son and I will unlock 15 phones an hour ) . It is essential that in this enviroment we have several options as with the best equipment some phones will have dirty contacts or not fully charged batteries , but it realy impresses the clients if you say that their phone is special and needs another " better " bit of kit ! Therefor in our situation if an unlock needs another go we will usually do it on another clip .This is the reason why we need so many different ways of unlocking .
Steve
Old 10-15-2006, 11:25   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Ok. I'm not quite sure what that has to do with your original question. So, back to the first post:

The Data1 came out first. It was superseded by The Platinum Clip, SC1, SC2 and now Crusader (SC3).

As you mentioned, it is essential to have clean contacts and a fully charged battery. Otherwise, I believe the SC2/ 3 should unlock all phones that the previous models do. If one clip unlocks where another didn't, it may have made better contact second time around, when you swapped the clip.

The wet clips may not be permanently damaged. If you carefully strip them down, leave to dry for 48 hours, give them an ultrasonic bath and re-assemble there is a 50% chance they may work again. If you send them to me I will do it for a small charge. No fix no fee, plus cost of postage.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 91799
Thanks Meter: 3
You people should all realise that you no longer live in the stone age and start using a laptop computer and forget about those clips...
Old 10-15-2006, 12:08   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-person View Post
You people should all realise that you no longer live in the stone age and start using a laptop computer and forget about those clips...
Clip=£200
Laptop=£1200

What do you run on your laptop then?
Old 10-15-2006, 19:09   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi
I do use a laptop as well . Mainly for for those phones that need it . If you are unlocking lots of phones with their owners watching you need as many ways as possible for each phone . Say what you want a clip is usually quicker and cleaner . From start to finnish it is quicker to unlock a 2g LG with superclip than either Furious 2 or Cruiser !
Steve
Old 11-08-2006, 16:19   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 142512
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-person View Post
Well I use a laptop for servicing & unlocking phones with boxes such as JAF, NSPro, UFS & USB-Smart but I still have my trusty old Data 1 & Super-Clip 1 for quickness more than anything, very usefull for unlocking old Siemens, VK & Sharp series handsets.

Why do you think professional phone technicians are living in the stone age because they still use old clips?.

BR

thcoms
Old 12-06-2006, 08:47   #11 (permalink)
Ped
No Life Poster

Member: 86956
Thanks Meter: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmegt View Post
Clip=£200
Laptop=£1200

Where do you shop??? brand new brand name laptops available everywhere for around £400!
Old 12-06-2006, 19:33   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Where do you shop??? brand new brand name laptops available everywhere for around £400!
It took you a month to come up with that reply?

Please tell me where I can buy a laptop fully loaded with software and all the necessary clips and cables to unlock all mobile phones for £400?
Old 12-29-2006, 14:23   #13 (permalink)
Ped
No Life Poster

Member: 86956
Thanks Meter: 104
Quote:
It took you a month to come up with that reply?

Please tell me where I can buy a laptop fully loaded with software and all the necessary clips and cables to unlock all mobile phones for £400?

took me about 12 seconds to come up with the reply after i'd seen the topic actually..

and you made no mention of a laptop being "fully loaded" with unlocking software ect..

Quote:
Clip=£200
Laptop=£1200

Thats all you said, maybe if you were a bit clearer on your posts, people wouldnt misunderstand. n00b.