GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 00:39   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1084869
Thanks Meter: 0
Infinity box Vs Gm Box.?

I know this is for the Infinity Box, but hope i can get some help here maybe end up been an owner .
Iam trying to work with Motorola Q CDMA , and was told to get the GM box. can write read ESN...etc ., so i bought one for the price of a used car from IP mart china .
Iam sure the Box is bad .it dont see the phone at all, and seen some thread here some guy had an issue with Infinity box.and I have 3 Qs all working ,no luck detecting any.
opened the Box and inside the pc board says (Infinty Box ), but ofcourse its a GM box.,on the outside , so from what i can figure out is that the GM box ,Infinty box , is that same ,the difference is the SIM card inside , for the software ...etc and phone support

Iam having bad support from Ip mart, so dont buy from there , and GM box forum is an inferior to what i see here.and not much info or help at all.

The Infinity box doesnt support the Q .?, does it, because i didnt see it there,
please if you all with a good info can help direct me , in the right path
Old 08-11-2009, 03:08   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 205427
Sonork: 100.1580937
Thanks Meter: 1,162
One can use the smart card in any box and run the software, so gm box card in infinity pcb does not make any difference..

And the main thing, no way to compare Infinity with GM Box... Infinity is grandfather and GM Box is still an infant...
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02   #3 (permalink)

so if i buy an infinity box ., and hope its good, just swap the sim card and i can use my Gm box too.?, if the sim card is ok ofcourse .
bTW the info can be read on that sim card.?
meaning can i save the info from the sim card of the GM box or infinity ., iam sure there is a lock , but guys here must have figured out a way no.?
still you didnt confirm , if infinity in the Dady why it dont do Motorolas and the Q.?
hope you can answer all these Questions
Old 08-11-2009, 18:57   #4 (permalink)

ok I ordered one , iam making those guys richer ., hope i can use it one day ., still would like someone to answer some of those questions .
BTW too ., to download the software to run infinity i need a special activation code...etc
Old 08-11-2009, 22:04   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by okwassup View Post
ok I ordered one , iam making those guys richer ., hope i can use it one day ., still would like someone to answer some of those questions .
BTW too ., to download the software to run infinity i need a special activation code...etc
hello,

You do not need any special activation codes, box should be activated online, it's easy and fast procedure.
To visit support area you need to connect box to PC and press "Visit support area" button in Infinity-Box Shell.
Old 08-11-2009, 22:51   #6 (permalink)

ok great ., not like the other box i have , the one it dont work ., still trying to figure out how to send back to china ., .
so i can activate download the software .,if it dont have a cd rom ..etc ,and more., what is a populer good phone i can start playing with , one i can buy used and modd the phone ...etc

initially i ordered the gm box to work on my Q sprint ., but so far no go. box dont work , was hoping i can use the infinty as a gm box too .