GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 586318
Thanks Meter: 112
Red face Dongle not found after upgrading with pinfinder

I have a serious problem with my Infinity Box. I recently bought the pin finder module and upgrade the box with the pin finder option. After upgrading I use pin finder software once and then I close the application, when trying to start again with the software I got dongle not found message. At first I supposed it was driver problem, so I uninstall drivers, main software and reset the computer, Install again software drivers but at this time the box was not even found by the PC. Then I change usb port but still the same. May someone help me to solve this problem?

thanks.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:10   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,

There is no any relation with PinFinder upgrade and dongle functionality.
You need to reboot PC, double check cables from PC to box, double check that smart-cart is inserted well in box card-holder.
Old 08-14-2008, 16:16   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@ InfinitySupport.

I did exactly as you say but there is no solution yet. The Infinity box indeed get power from usb port 'cause red led is always on, it is not blinking is permanent on. Besides, when I check in device manager; in port settings there is no one that infinity take control of it. Here I show you my error message. Something else, I think it is not smart-card 'cause if were smart-card; software will give a smart-card error message but in this case is not shown.
Just one more datum, I tried in other PC but the same problem is faced.
Thanks for your answer but I just tried everything but do not worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dibujo.JPG (40.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 08-14-2008, 17:16   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Send DongleManager.log file to [email protected]
Include in your mail detailed explanation of situation and all steps that you have tried to do.
Old 08-14-2008, 21:41   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I sent e-mail with log from donglemanager. I hope you can find out what the problem is!!!

Last edited by tavoonly; 08-14-2008 at 21:51.
Old 08-15-2008, 00:25   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I did exactly as you said in the e-mail you sent me, but nothing yet. Do you have any other idea that can help to solve this issue. What I really make me doubt is that before using pind finder everything was ok, but after I am how I am, stuck with a dead box.
Old 08-15-2008, 15:53   #7 (permalink)
Product Manager

For sure your problem is NOT related with PinFinder.

If you have any other box with smart-card you can try to insert Infinity-Box smart-card in other box and try to run Infinity-Box software.
What is the results ?
Old 08-15-2008, 17:14   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I have rocker dongle box. Will I hope this change do not affect my rocker dongle!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 18:32   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

After swapping smart-cards here are the results:

1.- I put infinity smart-card into rocker dongle and then in ust pro II box and try to run infinity software and the computer restart by itself.
2.- With infinity smart-card into these two boxes (UST PRO II and RockerDongle) try to run their respectives softwares and the same, computer restart by itself.
3.- Installing RockerDongle and UST PRO II smart-cards in infinity and running infinity software; software says "DONGLE NOT FOUND".

So, as far as I notice the pinfinder screw my infinity box!
Old 08-15-2008, 19:48   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

Let me repeat: I don\'t think that PinFinder can make any damage for box.

As per your tests:
Accordint to result of test #1 and #2 I think that you need to re-install smart-card drivers.
According to test #3 it looks like box is damaged, you must double check card holder contacts and check box PCB soldering.
Also you can try to use box at other PC and see results.
Old 08-15-2008, 23:36   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I tried with other pc but still the same problem. What I said and notice so strange is that even computers do not detect the dongle as a new hardware
Old 08-17-2008, 04:04   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Last tests:

I unistall all boxes (Infinity, Ust Pro II, Smart Clip, Advance Box BB5, Rocker Dongle, Ufs3 Tornado with hwk, SE toolbox3) and unistall some aditional software like F&B 3.0.5, RSD lite, Mobile phone tools, etc. then I install Infinity drivers and main software and with rocker dongle box with infinity smart-card install this box just like if the same were the infinity one and eureka the infinity software works fine. After doing this I release infinity-smart card from rocker dongle and inster rocker dongle smart-card and install rocker dongle driver and main software and install this box as roncker dongle and run main software and worked fine.
So, in conclusion the infinity box is damaged, now my answer is how and why?, well just another question: should I use pinfinder module with rocker dongle box, should I be afraid to get my rocker dongle box damaged too, after using pinfinder?
My infinity is under warranty, what are the steps to get a new one without cables and smart-card? should I get contact with reseller or with infinity support team?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:16   #13 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 128745
Thanks Meter: 16,936
for warranty you must get in contact with your infinity box reseller, if he does not help you
mail me [email protected]
Old 08-17-2008, 12:55   #14 (permalink)
Product Manager

As about PinFinder usage: you can use it with any Unibox (Infinity-Box or another unibox that has the same pinout).
Infinity-Box pinout is shown in PinFinder manual at end page and in Infinity-Box Shell.

I dont think that PinFinder can make any damage for unibox, but to be completely sure check PinFinder input connector, pin 1 and pin 8 should be not shorted (it\'s power pins).
If these pins is not shorted you can connect and use PinFinder with other unibox.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:44   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@ InfinitySupport,

Dear mate I would like to get the infinity box from you 'cause I am not 100% satisfy with the answers I got from my reseller. So, are you able to sell me one new infinity box without smart-card and without cables. How much will it cost me?