GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 21:39   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 145088
Thanks Meter: 13
Hello, i just want to understand

Hello infinity team

i faced a problem with infinity box, i lost my smart card but i didn't used any software that damaged the card

i bought pinfinder from a friend and i tried to upgrade to activate it with my box, i was getting this error

Code:
----------Process started: 19:25:13----------
DongleManager version: 1.30
Locating server...
Server address found#1
Connecting to server#1...
Server connection successfully established
S/N: ********, Firmware: 0112.02
Authenticating on server...
Authentication successfull
Checking DongleManager version...
Your DongleManager is up-to-date
Checking Dongle Identification...
Dongle Identification checked
Activating module...
Module-04 S/N: *************************
Module check error: Server reported error:[0044] Module S/N is already registered. Contact to [email protected]
Ok, i sent a message to [email protected], the replayed message telling me to send the old Box SN witch pinfinder was activated with it and the new SN of my infinity, i've done this

another replayed message was sent to me that all is ok

when i was trying to do update this message appear

Code:
DongleManager version: 1.30
Locating server...
Server address found#1
Connecting to server#1...
Server connection successfully established
S/N: ********, Firmware: 0112.02
Authenticating on server...
Authentication successfull
Checking DongleManager version...
Your DongleManager is up-to-date
Checking Dongle Identification...
Dongle Identification checked
Activating module...
Module-04 S/N: ************************
Module activated
Service stage 1 confirmed.
Securing session...
Error securing session: Server reported error:[0036] Smart-card access keys is incorrect or damaged. Contact to [email protected]
i contacted [email protected], and they tell me that my smart card is damaged, and noway to solve this kind of problem

if i done something wrong is just, i tried to update the infinity and my P-key was plugged in

OK, i understan that

PS : i read all the post about this problem
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...89&postcount=1
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=872598

and many others

my questions are

- why my infinity works fine before i upgrade with pinfinder? and i upgraded without any problems
- why no other box is damaged, even the p-key that i never unplug it from my PC, only infinitybox is damaged? and i am sure that i didn't used harmful software?
- how can i use the newer software that require upgrade?
- is there any chance to exchange smart card (with paying of course ) ?

hope to get more informations about this, thanks in advance

BR
Old 02-23-2010, 22:37   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1043909
Thanks Meter: 60,926
Hello,

Here is an explanation.

1st part of big story:
1. you have got a PinFinder that was already registered by another person
Probably you have bought second hand PinFinder or probably reseller tried to pair it just for fun or just for test. I do not know exact reason why your PinFinder was paired already, you can get more information from your reseller.
2. you have tried to pair/activate your PinFinder with your box
3. server rejected your PinFinder pairing/activation request, you have got a message with text:
Code:
Module-04 S/N: *************************
Module check error: Server reported error:[0044] Module S/N is already registered. Contact to...
4. Our user friendly supporter tried to help you in this situation (he have asked you to make small steps to help you to un-pair your PinFinder).
5. PinFinder activation database was corrected at server and then you will be able to activate/pair your PinFinder
NOTE: no any changes to your smart-card status was done up to this step, DongleManager software and our server just read and check your box/PinFinder identification data

2nd part of big story:
6. you have tried to activate/pair your PinFinder, this operation should be done via smart-card firmware update
7. you have tried to upgrade your box, connected to server, server check all required data inside box (and PinFinder) and upgrade process was started...
8. but during card upgrade it was detected that smart-card keys was damaged (smart-card keys is a something like sim card PIN code, smart-card can be used if keys is damaged but smart-card content CAN NOT be changed).
so at this stage you have got an message:
Code:
Service stage 1 confirmed.
Securing session...
Error securing session: Server reported error:[0036] Smart-card access keys is incorrect or damaged. Contact to...
it was more than detailed explanation, hop you understand what was the problem.
Answers to your questions:

- why my infinity works fine before i upgrade with pinfinder? and i upgraded without any problems
- this problem has no any relation with PinFinder

- why no other box is damaged, even the p-key that i never unplug it from my PC, only infinitybox is damaged? and i am sure that i didn't used harmful software?
- You can get an answer for this question from somebody else, we do not have any exact information due to
we never tried to play with our (and other) users and damage their hardware.

- how can i use the newer software that require upgrade?
- You can not upgrade smart-card any more, so it's not possible to use latest software (that should bee used with new smart-card firmware)
- You can use previous software versions w/o any problems

- is there any chance to exchange smart card (with paying of course ) ?
-Yes, we have prepared an instruction, you can find it in FAQ:
http://www.infinity-box.com/doc.php#16
http://www.infinity-box.com/doc.php#17

Also, once again I suggest to everybody to read this:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=645090 (posted in year 2008 !!!)
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=872598
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowBoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 01:17   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 145088
Thanks Meter: 13
thanks, it's very halpful, now all is clear

i will try to contact infinity support at [email protected]

many thanks for help

BR