GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 13:52   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 126612
Thanks Meter: 8
Help with Pin finder Adaptor Please !

I am having trouble getting my newly purchased pin finder adaptor to work.
I will try to be as detailed as possible in my explanation of my problem so that i may avoid any hassles in support trying to help me ...

Firstly i have read the pin finder manual thoroughly .. i have also watched both videos carefully ...
I have successfully registered and activated my adaptor so theres no issues there.
I am using one of the very first infinity sets sold ( separate dongle with smartcard and separate uni box )
I trust there is no problem there.
I have measured the output on pin1 from my unibox and it measures at 4.95v and adaptor power LED comes on so the adaptor is being powered correctly.
I purchased the adaptor set from ipmart so i don't know if the cables supplied with it are correctly manufactured ( from what i could see in the user manual the wire to disconnect is not connected ! )
Software detects box correctly.
I am using latest pinfinder software 1.17.
From what i can see the problem comes in incorrect power to the phone.
Phone is not powering .. i have correctly connected special power cable that comes in the pack to "output 2" socket on the adaptor and correctly connected one set of power leads ( 2 sets of leads come from cable ).
Phone does not even blink ! in other words NO POWER from cable !
I followed these steps :
1 - open software
2 - search adaptor
3 - set "power on "

at this stage according to power checks in the user manual i should be able to turn power on on the phone to check connectivity but nothing !
Phone power LED on the adaptor does not light at all !
I tried measuring out voltage on "output 2" socket on adaptor but only get a max of 0.8v coming from socket !
What is the correct voltage that should come from the socket to the power leads to power on the phone >?
Which pins on the "output2" socket provide power ??? since i see that only pins1,2,3,5,8 are running in the special power cable ???

How do i check from here if adaptor is faulty >>>???

Any help from support would be greatly appreciated ...
I hope i have been detailed enough in my request ...
Old 03-28-2009, 19:35   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

refresh .......................
Old 03-29-2009, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,
At first try to open unibox and short power line diode (see page-20 in PinFinder manual, you will see pictures there).
Then try to press "Power" button in PinFinder software and try to power-on phone via PinFinder power lines (see "Selftest" chapter in PinFindr manual).a
Old 03-30-2009, 09:25   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

thank you for your response sir ...
Tried your suggestion but still no difference .. exactly the same ... no response from phone or "phone power" LED on adaptor either ...

Does it make a difference if i try another unibox maybe ????

How do i know for certain if adaptor is faulty or not ???
Old 03-30-2009, 11:00   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Other unibox: if PinFinder adapter can be detected and you can see +5v voltage at unibox Pin-1 you have no reason to try other unibox. Ordinary problem with unibox is: too low volatge at pin-1, but if you have measured it and voltage is +5v (after short diode) you have no reason to try to us other unibox.

If "Power" LED at PinFinder adapter is not ON after you have pressed "Power" button in software it may be that PinFinder adapter is faulty.
You can contact to your reseller for replacement or you can try to check PinFinder output power circuit (but talk with your reseller first to avoid any problems with warranty):

Old 04-23-2009, 08:32   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Sir i've sent you an email via your email option on the forum regarding this problem have you received it ??
Please advise as soon as possible as time for warranty is running out !
Thanks ...
Old 04-24-2009, 13:41   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

refresh refresh ............... any news for me sir ???????
Old 04-26-2009, 15:05   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Yes, we have got your mail with your discussion with reseller.
Please, let me know what kind of technical advice we can give you ?
We will be ready to give you any kind of technical advice, but any replacement etc. should be discussed with your reseller, we did not make any replacement directly.
if you have problems with your reseller you can contact to our sales department: [email protected]
Old 04-26-2009, 19:52   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Email sent.
Please note i am not having problems with my reseller but i think maybe you just misunderstood my request
in my email.
But i have explained it better in the email i sent to sales department.

Thanks for reply ...