GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 240756
Thanks Meter: 90
Infinity Pinfinder can't Detect Need Help From Infinity

Hello Infinity Team,
i m facing the problem that pin finder can not detect.I really need ur help.
Here is the Log.

searching adapter at COM3...
too many retries
can't find adapter
searching adapter at COM1...
too many retries
can't find adapter
searching adapter at COM4...
too many retries
can't find adapter
too many retries
can't find adapter
too many retries
done
I will be very thankfull to you.
Old 07-07-2008, 23:17   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 37317
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aazib jhon View Post
Hello Infinity Team,
i m facing the problem that pin finder can not detect.I really need ur help.
Here is the Log.

too many retries
can't find adapter
searching adapter at COM1...
too many retries
can't find adapter
searching adapter at COM4...
too many retries
can't find adapter
too many retries
can't find adapter
too many retries
done
I will be very thankfull to you.
I believe now you will receive answer to read the manual, if you did not - then you are supposed to do it, but if you already did it - well - this is different story - long conversations with no result..
b.r.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:25   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 720034
Thanks Meter: 213
@Aazib jhon
Do you have PinFinder connected to your Infinity-Box ?
What COM port you ordinary select during Infinity-Box usage ?

@realdodo
If you think that your answer is smart you are little bit wrong, I hope you will change your point of viw after you will read Infinity-Box PinFinder user manual, so please, read it if you did not tried to do so yet.
I hope you will report about good results soon.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityN View Post
@Aazib jhon
Do you have PinFinder connected to your Infinity-Box ?
What COM port you ordinary select during Infinity-Box usage ?

@realdodo
If you think that your answer is smart you are little bit wrong, I hope you will change your point of viw after you will read Infinity-Box PinFinder user manual, so please, read it if you did not tried to do so yet.
I hope you will report about good results soon.
Well honestly I do not want to pretend to be smart..What I said to this dude was to read the user manual, wasn't I? And what about my other words - believe me I absolutly know what I am talking about...over a month I possess Pinfind Adapter that doesn't work and all I get from you guys is to read the manual. You just can't (or you don't want) to believe that problem can be in the adapter itself. So , having useless Adapter on my desk, let me create my own oppinion about "good results"
b.r.
Old 07-09-2008, 19:30   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
We respect your experience and your own "good results".
But did you tried to make all procedures that was described in PinFinder manual ?
I want to be sure that you have tried to make all that should be done and I want to be sure that you checked your PinFinder and your Infinity-Box.
I am sure you know user manual page number with description how to solve possible problems so I do not remind it again.
And I hope that if you will explain your current problem we will be able (of course together, it's not possible to solve problem without your activity) to fix the problem fast.
Old 07-09-2008, 23:06   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitySupport View Post
We respect your experience and your own "good results".
But did you tried to make all procedures that was described in PinFinder manual ?
I want to be sure that you have tried to make all that should be done and I want to be sure that you checked your PinFinder and your Infinity-Box.
I am sure you know user manual page number with description how to solve possible problems so I do not remind it again.
And I hope that if you will explain your current problem we will be able (of course together, it's not possible to solve problem without your activity) to fix the problem fast.
Sir, we had similar conversation about two weeks ago and we went to a dead end.
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632
Nothing specific changed since then exept the fact that I made few experiments with working Pinfind adapter, that I took from a friend of mine(together with his Infinity box) and it was able to detect pins of about 10 chineese phones and MINE WAS NOT.
Other thing I wanna mention here is that we order 3 pieces of Pinfind Adapters from same reseller and they three are in absolutly same condition.
Anyway, let us concentrate over my Adapter. I expect any fresh ideas , of course, if it's possible different than these from the User Manual.
b.r.
Old 07-12-2008, 21:28   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@InfinitySupport
I was close to believe that you were caring about my problem but obviously I am wrong after you skip my posts twice.The reseller says nothing, you say nothing but my money is already gone. I am satisfied user with your products but this is not the way of making busyness. Can't you accept that Pinfind Adapter might have differrent problems that theese shown in your manual?!!
I will quit writing you regarding my problem 'cause i have no time and i have no wish to do so.
peace
Old 07-13-2008, 13:33   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

As I can understand from your explanation you have 3 (three) PinFinders and all of them can not work with your PC.
If you really have 3 (three) PinFinders and all of them can not work I am absolutely (this means 100%, completely, for sure) sure that you have made something wrong and you did not followed instructions given in PinFinder manual.
As per my experience (not so small experience) it may be that 1 (one) of 1000 (thousand) PinFinder may have some defects (f.e. bad soldering or something like this) but if you have on your table 3 (three) devices that can not work it\'s for sure not a problem with PinFinder hardware.

I see that you have registered in this forum in 2003 and you are sure that you have big experience, but sometimes it\'s good to forget all your previous experience and follow advices given by stupid supporters.
So I can offer you 2 ways:
1. you contact to reseller and return to him all your 3 PinFinder devices. If reseller do not want to do so you can show to him this (current) my messgae and reseller can see that we are ready to pay to your ressler and take back our 3 working devices
2. you follow my advices exactly and in several minutes your PinFinder start to work.

Your given link http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632 is a great example of complete ignorance and zero answers to supporter\'s questions, it was not good idea to post here this link.
Why so ?
Read post #3 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632
Read post #6 from current thread. What you talk about in these posts ?

Read post #4 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632 and you will see complete ignorance of my questions.

Read post #8 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632 and you will see complete ignorance of my advices.

And we can see detailed explanation of situation in post #7 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632
Yes, you do not want to feel yourself like a student (but all professors was a students time ago). So, Dear Professor, let\'s act like a people with some technical knowledges and let\'s have at least little respect to other people.
If you can not make an answers to easy questions and if you did not follow detailed instructions how is you able to talk about \"students, circle etc\" ?

Now small explanation for Mr. Student (oh, sorry, for Mr. Professor):
If you was able to get for tests another tested Infinity-Box and another tested PinFinder adapters just make easy thing: take PinFinder that was tested by you and try to connect it to your Infinity-Box so you will be able to understand what is wrong in 1 minute:

1. If your Infinity-Box + other PinFinder (tested) works this means that something wrong with PinFinder devices that you have on hands. In this situation I suggest you (sorry to ask Mr. Professor to do so) to check cable that you have used to connect Infinity-Box with PinFinder (small RJ45-RJ45 cable). I hope you have used RJ45-RJ45 cable from PinFinder package but not other RJ45 cables.
btw, what cable you have used to connect PinFinder to Infinity-Box ?

2. If your Infinity-Box + other PinFinder (tested) is not works this means that something wrong with your Infinity-Box (unibox) and I suggest you to

3. You can connect your PinFinders (not tested) to other Infinity-Box (tested) and see more results.

Yes, I understand that it\'s a hard procedure and you will be able to talk here about problems without any tries to get a result, so I will be not surpriced if we will see here only one answer \"nothing works\".
Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you will have success (with PinFinder or with other device, it\'s not important).
Old 07-13-2008, 16:12   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Wel well well I see you got prepared your answer very carefully but sarcasm and irony is something you spent to much here instead of writing anything sensibly.
My idea was not to write about this problem anymore but seeing that you turned all this into a parody of support I will let myself to write You few words.
First, I NEVER spoke about your experience or how long i have been registered here or stuff like that, so your starting words sound kind of silly.
Second, I will also pass over with silence the Mr.Profesor and Mr. Student stuff and will go directly to the problem just to show you that you did not read my posts.

Quote:
Read post #3 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632
Read post #6 from current thread. What you talk about in these posts ?
What i talked about in these posts was the problem I faced with making PinFind Adapetr work, what is not clear there - just point it to me.

Quote:

Read post #4 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632 and you will see complete ignorance of my questions.
The question you asked me there was "Please, tell me, what is CPU chip name in your phone ?" and you have the answer in my next post #5 .Just can't believe you have missed it??

Quote:
Read post #8 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632 and you will see complete ignorance of my advices.
What you made me do there was something that I already did I and wrote about in previous post #7. I told you that I set manual rx/tx of working phone and there was not communication between phone and the program?! Don't believe you have missed it again

Quote:
And we can see detailed explanation of situation in post #7 from your given link: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=556632
Yes here you are completly right - I have detailed explained you about my problem and I was doing this all the time because I did not start this thread to irritate or provoke You. I started it because my Pinfind Adapter doesn't work.

Considering the new ideas:
I use RJ45-RJ45 cable from PinFinder package but not other RJ45 cables.
I can not make cross test with my Pinfind Adapter+other tested InfinityBox (or other tested PinFind Adapter +my InfinityBox) only because and I believe you know that each PinFind adapter can work with only one Infinity box once they are paired. But I managed to do all other possibles combinations with cables and the final result was that my PFAdapter doesn't detect any pins.

Quote:
As I can understand from your explanation you have 3 (three) PinFinders and all of them can not work with your PC.
Yes, I can repeat myself but we (me and two collegues of mine) ordered 3 (three) PF Adapters from same reseller. I personally can assure you that three of them are in absolutly same condition I described.
I am not very good in statistics but saying that it's 100% my fault or that 1 (one) of 1000 (thousand) PinFinder may have some defects after you even did not read what I wrote sound absurd.

Quote:
Yes, I understand that it\'s a hard procedure and you will be able to talk here about problems without any tries to get a result, so I will be not surpriced if we will see here only one answer \"nothing works\".
The wisdom and perspicacity that is flowing from your final words is a good proof what is your attitude to all this.

p.s. I am taking a holiday next week and I will absent till the end of the month. But when I am back and reseller still havent answered me I am ready at my expense to send you phisicaly my adapter. All this not for refund but just to show that I am filled with good intent
Old 07-13-2008, 17:03   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Pairing details: once you have activated your Infinity-Box to work with PinFinder you are able to use any PinFinder with Infinity-Box that already activated for PinFinder usage.
So, if you can get on hands for test your friend\'s Infinity-Box please make this:
1. take Infinity-Box that was already activated and worked well with any PinFinder
2. connect your (probably faulty) PinFinder to other Infinity-Box (good working, tested with PinFinder)
3. try to use your PinFinder (probably faulty) with that other well tested Infinity-Box
If you will see that your PinFinder can not work with other good tested Infinity-Box make this:
1. contact to your reseller and talk with him about replace/refund
2. if it will be impossible to discuss with your reseller about this send a mail to [email protected] and we will make refund directly
So let\'s see results and then we will talk more according to your test results.
But anyway, it\'s looks like a miracle that three PinFinders can not work well, it\'s a first time I see this kind of situation and I still think that it can be problem with cables or with unibox power level, but not a problem with PinFinder PCB.

Anyway let\'s see results and then we will think how to solve this situation completely.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:45   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

hi, once I manage to do the experiment I will let you know
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 190947
Sonork: 100.96272
Thanks Meter: 161
Thumbs up USB PoRT NOT working

i have 3 boxes same problem i chang box than ok