GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 17:55   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 207023
Thanks Meter: 0
Looking form Motorola C168i OEM firmware

Hello guys,

I looking badly for a Motorola C168i OEM flashfiles. I found only one flash files on the support website but it is not OEM.
Hello guys,

I read here in the forums that I can use Motorola C168 (not C168i) flash files with no problems, so I started looking for a C168 firmware and after the first flash, I loaded a branded flash files (because there is no way to know if it is branded or not) and the phone now freezes on startup. I tried to flash with the branded C168i flash files and now the box cannot connect to the phone at all. Three questions:

1- Is there a Motorola C168i OEM flash files that I can load to my phone?

2- Can I use the C168 flash files or not??

3- Important - How can I connect my phone to the box again to flash it with a different flash files???

Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2008, 14:45   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemano View Post
Hello guys,

I looking badly for a Motorola C168i OEM flashfiles. I found only one flash files on the support website
It's not true. We have different flash files for c168i in support area.

Quote:
but it is not OEM.

I read here in the forums that I can use Motorola C168 (not C168i) flash files with no problems, so I started looking for a C168 firmware and after the first flash, I loaded a branded flash files (because there is no way to know if it is branded or not) and the phone now freezes on startup. I tried to flash with the branded C168i flash files and
If you use c168 files you need to use c168 eeprom files too.

Quote:
now the box cannot connect to the phone at all.
It can't be true. you must charge battery and try again.

Quote:
Three questions:

1- Is there a Motorola C168i OEM flash files that I can load to my phone?

2- Can I use the C168 flash files or not??

3- Important - How can I connect my phone to the box again to flash it with a different flash files???

Thanks in advance
If you need specific files you must first try all flash files from support area. We have different files for c168i in support area but as I can see you did not tried to use all files.

If you need more other files: read flash from phone with firmware that you need and send it to [email protected]
Please, be noted that backup files without explanation will be deleted, so it's good idea to attach in your mail an explanation what is that files that you have sent.