GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 00:58   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8804
Thanks Meter: 4
to support :problem with dongle ?

Dear sir,

I just got infinity from one of your resellers and it registered fine , i can access support and everything, but the RX-TX lights are always on weather i have a cable connected or not.... even when i try to connect a cable to a phone that is working, i cannot get any info from it. although i am using the right cable.

Is there a way to find out if this dongle has a hardware problem ? I have not contacted the reseller yet regarding this issue, should I send it back to them to check it out or is there a way to find out what is wrong and fix it myself, i looked at another dongle that is working and the lights are not on like mine.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:43   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,

Please, check this thread first: http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=342807
You will see box photos and some info about settings.

Also, regarding installation:
As I can understand smart-card drivers installed and works fine (in other case you cant access support area).
So the problam may be only with cables/unibox.

Do you see new COM port device in DeviceManager when you connect box to PC ?
Do you see any new USB device when you connect box to PC (like FTxxxx usb device) ?

Possible problem reason: it may be that your unibox configured in other way than need. If so we can reporgram unibox, no need to return it to reseller, and everything will works fine.
After you will answer to my previous 2 questions we will see what to do next.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:39   #3 (permalink)

Member: 421376
Thanks Meter: 0
i also have the similar problem. I tired to unlock Moto c115 with the box. Phone was first opened & track cutted acording to documantation. "Repair mode & Soft restore Cutted Track" were selected. The Phone was then Flashed with "c115_1.0.10 main_Arabic.18m". "write" was commanded. The following were the results:
"com 1 selected"
"repair mode" active
"smart write" active
"softrestore" active
Action: flash
Write: flex
write: language pack
Write: Eeprom
Err: no data language pack..Failed
Finished, Time.......

When "sp unlock" was commanded it gave the following:
"com 1 selected"
"repair mode" active
Action: unlock
Device: Moto c115..
Checking data, wait......
Connecting.....
Press & hold Power...>>> I hold the Power botton but there is no action.

Infinity Team, Please help me to solve the Problem.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 148515
Thanks Meter: 19,534
hello!

did you set connection method with cutted track?
Old 12-19-2007, 18:46   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Box is different

the drivers are installed just fine, a new com port 5 is added when i plug the dongle in.

The infinity box i have looks nothing like the ones in those pictures, i have a slim black colored box with the sim reader on the side, i am attaching a picture here for reference.

I was able to get the program working via another com port, as long as the dongle is plugged in, the program runs and gives me options to use other com ports, so I did and was able to connect to a phone using the correct pinouts.

so what should I do now.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20071219012.jpg (5.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20071219013.jpg (10.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-19-2007, 20:42   #6 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 148515
Thanks Meter: 19,534
hello!

sometimes is needed to change Latency value in com port settings to get better connection with motorola phones.
for sure cable for motorola must be modified (cut rubber around pins)
picture how connector should look like is here:
C:\Program Files\InfinityBox\pinout\Panasonic-G50_modified1.jpg

also, if truck is cutted- you must set "repair mode" in settings Tab

and if all is done but no connection- last thing to try is standalone rs232 cable
Old 12-20-2007, 08:55   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityHelp View Post
hello!

sometimes is needed to change Latency value in com port settings to get better connection with motorola phones.
for sure cable for motorola must be modified (cut rubber around pins)
picture how connector should look like is here:
C:\Program Files\InfinityBox\pinout\Panasonic-G50_modified1.jpg

also, if truck is cutted- you must set "repair mode" in settings Tab

and if all is done but no connection- last thing to try is standalone rs232 cable
i am hoping this somehow is a reply to me, not to whoever decided to use my thread, it is OK by me if they get a quick answer but do I get something as well? is my problem a hardware issue or not?

Thank you.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:23   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofodaman View Post
the drivers are installed just fine, a new com port 5 is added when i plug the dongle in.

The infinity box i have looks nothing like the ones in those pictures, i have a slim black colored box with the sim reader on the side, i am attaching a picture here for reference.

I was able to get the program working via another com port, as long as the dongle is plugged in, the program runs and gives me options to use other com ports, so I did and was able to connect to a phone using the correct pinouts.

so what should I do now.
Thanks
You must check with your reseller what is the problem with your unibox that was supplied with Infinity-Box smart-card.
Also you must check what is pinout of your unibox, probably cables that you have not suitable for your unibox pinout.
As I can see you was registered in 2002 so I hope you have enough skills and you understand what I talk about.
If you still have problems with cables/unibox you need to contact to your reseller and ask him to replace your cables or unibox.