GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Base Band 5 ( BB-5 ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/)
-   -   N95 8gb Test Point? How? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/n95-8gb-test-point-how-473990/)

Knowledge 12-01-2007 22:46

N95 8gb Test Point? How?

I have a Nokia N95 8gb that I bought used. It is security locked, meaning the default passcode of 12345 has been changed and the phone is locked, along with the USB function of the phone.

I have tried to reset it using the *, 3, and CALL reset method, and it didnt work.

Now from what I have been reading I have the right software to do what I need it to do, but it wont work since the USB function of the phone is locked. However, from what I understand if I use a "Test Point" I can enable "Test Mode" on the N95 and be able to get into the phone thru the USB.

So my question is: How do I make a testpoint on the N95? Or how do I put the phone into Test Mode so I can access the USB of the phone?

Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate any help. I have been searching but I cant find what I'm looking for.....

tito millo 12-01-2007 22:51

Ok bro let me know wich tool or soft are u using for it and i'll be able to help u

BR;
Tito Mill
o

Knowledge 12-02-2007 07:07

I have a few pieces of different software, but from what I understand the one I need to be using is Nemesis Service Suite (NSS) which I already have. I found instructions in another thread that said would give me the security code of my phone, but ofcourse it doesnt matter because I cant get to the USB port on the phone itself....

Thanks again for the help by the way. I appreciate it.

Knowledge 12-02-2007 20:37

Also I had another question, is there a way to maybe open the phone itself and "short out" something on the board to enable the usb again? Like a hard mod type of a thing?

RsT 12-03-2007 03:00

Have you tried *#7370#

Knowledge 12-03-2007 03:12

I cant input any kind of codes like that, the only thing I see is a dialog box that says "Input Code" or something like that, no other functions of the phone work.

But yes, I did try *#7370# and after I type that in, it makes a beep, but nothing happens.... I also tried *#7780# and nothing happens... And just for kicks I tried *#06# just to see if it gives a IMEI or not, but that does nothing aswell....

I keep reading about guys modifying some kind of a cable and getting the phone to be in "Local Mode" or something like that.... Is there anyway to force Local Mode on a N95 with no USB??

Thanks again for all of the help guys, I do appreciate it. I just hope that I can actually fix this issue soon instead of just sitting here with a non-working N95 on my desk :)

SM4RTBOY 12-03-2007 03:33

you can try this :
or by jaf cable
br
sm4rboy

Knowledge 12-03-2007 04:37

OKay, thank you ALOT for posting pictures. I really do apreciate it. However, I dont really understand what I'm looking at here, would you explain it a little bit please?

What is BSI, and what does it stand for?

Also, the first picture titled "usbnokia.jpg" which box is that for? I see its just a normal USB cable on the end instead of a RJ45 or whatever.... Can that be used with-out any kind of a box? And where can I get schematics on how to build it? I can follow instructions very well, and I have experience in the electronics field so I dont mind making the cable, I just need to know >how< ;) hehe

Thank you again, I think I can finally get this done! :)

SM4RTBOY 12-03-2007 05:00

check here : txt please
i hope can help you!
enjoy
sm4rtboy

Knowledge 12-03-2007 23:04

That contained links to foreign sites that I do not understand, I think it is in spanish. I only speak english :(

Isnt there a way to build one instead? I read about all of these guys just building them, not buying them.... And the phone in that picture is a N70, not a N95... Does that matter? Maybe that cable wont work for N95?

I'm sorry if I'm a pain, I'm just trying to understand how to do it is all....