GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Base Band 5 ( BB-5 ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/)
-   -   Nokia 6131 : Unable to flash. (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/nokia-6131-unable-flash-651448/)

vatsan89 12-18-2008 10:14

Nokia 6131 : Unable to flash.

Hi!

This is my first post here so please forgive me if something isnt right. My Nokia 6131 suddenly stopped working. It turns on, shows the welcome screen and restarts. This happens three times and then the phone just switches off. I tried reinstalling the firmware using Phoenix 2008 installed using a guide I found here on this forum and this is what it says,

Flashing started
Creating product data items list
Product data items list created
Backup not required
Flashing phone
Initializing
Loading image files...
Waiting for USB device. Press phone's power button (if you start from dead terminal)
ROM Boot Drivers loaded. Creating RAW connection
Connecting to device...
Connection opened
Connection opened to BootCode successfully
First wait command succeeded.
First wait command failed. Preparing for bootrom waiting loop ...
Flashing Secondary boot code: 14464 Bytes
Sending USB data: 28%
Error sending Secondary binary data to Boot Server, 0x84009427
Unable to set the phone to flash mode. Unable to flash.

What do I do? I used a USB cable and dont have one of those expensive cables or boxes. Please help because the idiots at Nokia would charge me a fortune for this :mad:

Thank You!

vatsan89 12-18-2008 10:18

Btw the error message it gives says,
Quote:

The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?

HRESULT 0x84009427 (-2080336857)
When I hit Retry it says,
Quote:

The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?

HRESULT 0x8401226d (-2080300435)

Flash: Connection was already open. In dead phone USB flashing connection must be closed before operation.
Not sure if that would help

Thank you in advance for your help :)

EJAZGUL 12-18-2008 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatsan89 (Post 3975664)
Hi!

This is my first post here so please forgive me if something isnt right. My Nokia 6131 suddenly stopped working. It turns on, shows the welcome screen and restarts. This happens three times and then the phone just switches off. I tried reinstalling the firmware using Phoenix 2008 installed using a guide I found here on this forum and this is what it says,

Error sending Secondary binary data to Boot Server, 0x84009427
Unable to set the phone to flash mode. Unable to flash.

What do I do? I used a USB cable and dont have one of those expensive cables or boxes. Please help because the idiots at Nokia would charge me a fortune for this :mad:

welcome in gsmhosting...............
brother use any box or also use fbus cable all will be oki...............
if u have not box than go any care canter...................
coz i think u can't do flash with out box..................

wish u good luck.......................................

vatsan89 12-18-2008 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJAZGUL (Post 3975673)
welcome in gsmhosting...............
brother use any box or also use fbus cable all will be oki...............
if u have not box than go any care canter...................
coz i think u can't do flash with out box..................

wish u good luck.......................................

Hi!

Thank you for the really quick response. I did my google homework and I see so many boxes and everyone seems to be talking about JAF. I want to try my hand at this whole flashing thing :rolleyes: Can you recommend on which would be a good simple easy to use box which would take this fbus or anything else which I can use? I dont want one of those industrial standard ones. Just one that I can use for this phone. I know Nokia care would be a cheaper option but I just want to try my hand at it and learn something :D

Also, will this fbus thing work with Phoenix on my current computer?

Thank you again for your response.

misiu22 12-19-2008 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatsan89 (Post 3977238)
Hi!

Thank you for the really quick response. I did my google homework and I see so many boxes and everyone seems to be talking about JAF. I want to try my hand at this whole flashing thing :rolleyes: Can you recommend on which would be a good simple easy to use box which would take this fbus or anything else which I can use? I dont want one of those industrial standard ones. Just one that I can use for this phone. I know Nokia care would be a cheaper option but I just want to try my hand at it and learn something :D

Also, will this fbus thing work with Phoenix on my current computer?

Thank you again for your response.

Hey and welcome here! Jaf is a good choice, but if you just want to flash one phone it will be expensive:) But if you want to try and learn something new so my advice is to by just jaf box for flashing nokia phones. And f-bus is flashing-bus cable, not like a normal usb that you pop in under the phone, you place f-bus cable where the battery normaly are!

here is a picture!

http://store.ddtnetwork.com/images/P/CNK-N81_200.jpg

If you just want to try with your phone than just buy one singel f-bus cable for you model. And i think Jaf box is cheapest and best box for someone that want to learn.

wbr misiu22