GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Base Band 5 ( BB-5 ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/)
-   -   [Question]Nokia 6280 with bb5, what now? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/question-nokia-6280-bb5-what-now-366803/)

tmp22 01-16-2007 21:17

[Question]Nokia 6280 with bb5, what now?

Hello everybody ,
I found a mobile phone , nokia 6280 , the person who lost this phone told the company about that and the company blocked the phone .

is there a way i can use this phone? like moving to an other company or unlocking the phone somehow?>

I will be very thankful if you help me with this.

Best regards tmp22.

sleurhut 01-16-2007 22:41

You can also go to the company to search for the owner. There must be a IMEI code ore simcard available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmp22 (Post 2205178)
Hello everybody ,
I found a mobile phone , nokia 6280 , the person who lost this phone told the company about that and the company blocked the phone .

is there a way i can use this phone? like moving to an other company or unlocking the phone somehow?>

I will be very thankful if you help me with this.

Best regards tmp22.

tmp22 01-16-2007 22:53

If i know the imei code i can unblock the phone?
the phone works great , i can see the menu and so on , but i cannt call or get calls.

and if i change the sim card i have the same error.

i mean , a friend of mine told me that only the compnay can unblock the phone.

Lhick 01-17-2007 02:01

Best if you give it to the owner. have a Positive outlook this Year!

BR
Lhick

Drug_Store 01-17-2007 04:55

Indeed, deliver the phone would be the right thing to do. Imagine if were u losing the phone. Wouldn´t u like that someone who found it, return it?

zardoz 01-17-2007 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmp22 (Post 2205326)
If i know the imei code i can unblock the phone?
the phone works great , i can see the menu and so on , but i cannt call or get calls.

and if i change the sim card i have the same error.

i mean , a friend of mine told me that only the compnay can unblock the phone.

You don't say what country you are in, but if you are in the UK, that phone will be blocked on all networks. In most countries it is illegal to do anything to the phone that would cause it to be unblocked. I think that even if you returned it to its original owner it will stay blocked in the UK but some countries will unblock on request.

Basically, it's a brick now I think.

Z.

tmp22 01-18-2007 00:12

zadroz

i am from israel , the company is orange ,
so there is no chance the phone will be unblocked?
my friend told me that i can change something inside the phone , if you change some parts it should work.

is it true?

zardoz 01-18-2007 00:42

Remember what I said "In most countries it is illegal to do anything to the phone that would cause it to be unblocked."? Changing parts inside the phone is exactly the sort of illegal thing that would get you into serious trouble in the UK. In Israel it might be different but I would check with a lawyer first. Most countries make it illegal to change the IMEI of the phone, which is what you would have to do to unblock it yourself.

Z.

Azurael 01-18-2007 00:49

You can unblock phones in the UK if you can prove ownership. I know this because we had two V3xs on contract with Three, and when one was stolen, we asked for it to be barred, but they mistakenly barred the one we still had.

After discovering that the phone we had no longer worked, we phoned up Three, and after a few days, it was unbarred again. Therefore, it must be possible to remove phones from the database after they've been put in.

Anyway, it will probably bring you good karma (or something like that :D) if you find a way return it to the original owner.