GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Universalbox

Universalbox Universalbox Official support area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 15:22   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 706822
Thanks Meter: 647
System Malfunction Shutdown in 10s"! What is this N900

System Malfunction Shutdown in 10s"! What is this N900...

FLASH I tried SAME...

Old 07-12-2011, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 80354
Sonork: 100.1577575
Thanks Meter: 21,659
try this way

I had this problem the other day. I was getting angry with the fact i could no longer download any appplications due to having a full rootfs so i decided i was gonna try and clean it up manualy. i gained root *Woops* then did rm -f /usr/lib/* . seemed to have worked ok then i tryed to boot some applications they started to load but then disapeared. i then paniced thought opps why did i have to do that and restarted at this point i was faced with the dreaded
System Malfunction!
device shutdown in 10s!.

it would then reboot repeatedly until battary ran out.

SOLUTION!!!!!-!!!WOOT WOOT !!!

1.Find somebody with either the same phone n900 or the nokia x5800 or go buy an external charger to charge your battery for your phone.

i didnt belive these next 2 statements untill i tryed it.

Your n900 is unable to charge your battery in this state!!

You are unable to flash your phone with less then over half a battery!!!

2. Once you have charged your battery remove it and sit it on your side.

Prepare your computer for a re-flashing the n900.

3.You must install flasher 3.5. There are tutorials for installing this to windows linux and mac on this site.
3.1.Download and install the latest version of Flasher e.g.
maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe

4.Download the firmware for your n900 save this in a memorable place.

Connecting your phone to computer.

5.With the battery still removed hook your computer up to the n900 using the usb data cable.

Running flasher "haha" 3.5

6. Run the flashing application on computer. Like i said befor i will post the exact details when i get home

This application will stop and say its waiting to find the device that you want to flash.

Back to the phone
7.now with your phone all ready plugged into the computer open the keyboard and hold the "u" button and insert the battery while holding the "u" button. keep holding the u button untill you can see a very faint usb sign in the top right of the screen. This will put the phone into flashing mode aka R&D mode.

Warning you can not enter R&D mode with little battery must be full or nearly full.

The computer should then recognize your n900 and start to do stuff wait for this to finish. on my computer it only took 1 minuet 30 seconds ruffley. but be patiant dont rush it dont stop half way through dont unplugg make sure it has completly stoped before unplugging.

reboot the n900 walla

You may find that your sim card is no longer recognised do not panic this is just because you need to update your n900 . Do this by either connecting to wireless lan at your home and using the app manager update accross the internet or plugging the phone into the computer and using the nokia suite to update it over the internet. The latter i have not tested.

i hope this will help every one and could maybe become a basis for a flashing tutorial on this site. as i had to find all this infprmation all over the place.

Original Poster: jamie721