GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   BF, BG, TH, BHx Series (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f315/)
-   -   Alcatel BF cable schematics (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f315/alcatel-bf-cable-schematics-39657/)

Spalato 04-20-2002 07:14

Alcatel BF cable schematics

I recently bought Zulea's soft without cable so I borrowed the cable for a couple of days until I made mine.

Me and my friends from this forum, GSM solution ZG and Weller, spend few hours to disassemble the cable carefully. It's well protected with two various coatings which took quite some time to remove.

So when we finnished with that, I saw the board inside and the schematics so I started to destroy a certain number of data cables to find a simmilar board with same elements. Finnaly after destroying many cables, I found one that was 90% simmilar but needed to be modified a little. It was a Siemens data cable which needed few extra diodes, a voltage stabilizer and few shortcuts

So me and GSM solution ZG analized the schematics and made the needed modifications on my cable and we tested the cable with Zulea's software and it worked perfectly.

So I returned the original cable and I coated mine with plastic without drawing the schematics because I didn't want to desolder anything from that cable to see under the MAX232 chip.

We just had luck that it worked with our modifications so this could be a guide for guys with more knowledge in electronics who could possibly use these few informations and get the clue what's missing and try to make real schematics.

Many will be angry now :) but how many would open their own cable and draw the schematics. Atleast here are some clues...

Regards

Spalato

thecult 04-20-2002 23:34

oh!

u could post a picture or photo of your cable with the modification... and we could copy it ... your clues are good
but I can't work with that

thx

Phil 04-21-2002 04:09

hehehe

A really really usefull post :)

So at least you would have to know what you added or modified, or not? Or your friends?

Phil

Spalato 04-21-2002 04:22

Schematic is universal...

Add:

2x 2V7
2x 1N4148
1x 78L05

Mix together, shaken, not stird, and you got the cable :)

Spalato

legija 04-21-2002 04:59

Quote:

Originally posted by Spalato
Schematic is universal...

Add:

2x 2V7
2x 1N4148
1x 78L05

Mix together, shaken, not stird, and you got the cable :)

Spalato

And how much money we need to send to you?
Lamer !

Spalato 04-21-2002 06:04

Quote:

Originally posted by legija

And how much money we need to send to you?
Lamer !

Most easy is to tell someone that he is a "lamer", without explaining why is so.

So, if you are "the man", buy soft with cable from Zulea, Kima, GSMmasters, Magician or any other, if available. Then open the cable and put here the schematics.

If you noticed, it was not my cable that I opened and I had no will to buy that person a new cable. That person is also a member of this forum and still got that cable open and if he want to post schematics, he would do so.

But you don't get it, don't you?

It's a SIEMENS DATA CABLE INSIDE with added 2x 2V7; 2x 1N4148 and 1x 78L05. 90% of data cables have simmilar PCB boards inside. We didn't desolder anything from the original cable, especialy not the MAX232. We saw where these elements go, we soldered those parts, tested connections to MAX and DB9 connector but we didn't made a scheme out of it.

So if you don't have any kind of knowledge in electronics and if your only goal in life is to get more and more free software, then don't talk at all. Guys who have knowledge in electronics and these schematics, they will know where goes what because the scheme is almost similar to a simplified universal interface and they will make their own cable out of a SIEMENS DATA CABLE.

If you don't have anything clever to say, don't say nothning at all, sit back, relax and wait for free BF soft and cables...

In the meantime, I'm enjoying to work with my own cable :D and I don't go around and call people "lamers"...

Spalato

G$M solution 04-21-2002 06:51

HI to all

Guys who have knowledge in electronics they will know where goes modifications , because the scheme is almost similar to a simplified universal interface.

GUYS YOU NEED SIEMENS DATA CABLE ONLY WITH SMAL MODIFICATIONS . (EXAMPLE 2 SHORCUT , 2x 2V7 , 2x 1N4148 , 1x 78L05 )

this shematic in this picture is big fake
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...threadid=38998

best regards

***GSMsolution ZG***

[email protected]
www.GSMsolutionzg .com

angele 04-21-2002 07:31

Cable is not important-what is pinout?

fontelense 04-21-2002 08:10

Well, as far as I know, Siemens data cable uses the normal GND, Rx, Tx to communicate. If we are to use the two 2V7 Zenner diodes, they should be placed on Rx and Tx, to control the voltage from Max232. The only place I can figure out for the voltage regulator 78L05 is on the voltage line used to supply the Max232. If this is so, then the 1N4148 diode is just to place before this voltage regulator.
But I can be wrong. So please stop the secrets and tell exactly what you guys are talking about.
About the pinout, it is already on that other scheme that Spalato posted a few days ago.
finally, thereŽs still one thing missing: the software, which isnŽt free...

Best regards

Phil 04-21-2002 08:24

aha

2 x 2V7 for RX/TX

1 x 78L05 for voltage regulation and external power supply and the 2 1N4148 for dropping voltage down to ~ 3.3V for the Max 232 - that`s the way it works :)

Phil

Abe 04-21-2002 09:23

If im not wrong,universal data cable HAS HIS OWN 78L05 regulator,and two 1n4148 that go to that regulator that regulates the voltage to the max 232............so zenner diodes go to TX and RX but where to add ONE MORE 78L05 and TWO MORE 1N4148?for extrenal power you need only ONE MORE 1N4148 that goes from + of battery to 78L05 regulator........

Spalato 04-21-2002 19:37

To Abe, Phil & fontelense

If you open for example, a data cable, you will see that on one side is always MAX232 and on the other side is the rest: capacitors, resistors, diodes, regulators. On some data cables on this other side you have all the elements, on some other you don't have. I don't know from which data cable was Zulea's cable made but I know that it had almost the same board as this Siemens data cable that I converted to BF cable. But on this Siemens cable there were no diodes 2V7, 1N4148 & regulator 78L05 and they needed to be added so it's just one (not two) 78L05 because he was already missing. And on the board there are nice three holes for 78L05, just solder it to the board. From 78L05 towards the DB9 connector, first come two 1N4148 and more towards DB9 come 2 diodes 2V7. Leg 16 from MAX must be shortcutted with GND on DB9 and as far as I remember, this combination should work on BF phones.

Sorry, but I had realy no time to draw any schematics but hoped that someone with more knowledge in this will figure it out.

Spalato

legija 04-21-2002 19:59

@Spalato
Man ! I am in electronic busines since i am born. Allmost for 20 years, and i do NOT need you to tell me what cable to use for this phones. Of course i'll buy cables and soft when i decide to do it. But i am not only man in this forum, i am only hwo was so brave to atack "super moderator". peoples ask something, and you play games with them. Why did you in first place "discovered" cable schematics ? If you wana help. help, and don't act like you are wizard, doctor, or "MERLIN". You are in selling GSM hardware and soft, maybe you'll need those guys who asking for schematics now. Don't play with peoples, help if can, if not, shut up ypur *****. You opened "cable"... Big deal ! So what ? Is it so hard to do ? Are you afraid for you life becouse of that?
I know you like to talk, to promote your self, but this is not right way. You need to know one thing in this forum: Here is much away more peoples without experince of any kind, and that peoples need help making first steps in unlocking. Think man ! If they get help from you, they could be your customers in next step.

About cable:

All cables i have works on simmilar way. It's better to use MAX3232, with zener diodes, and peoples you only have 16 options - 4X4, so it's realy easy to get some clue about this cable.
I hope there is good man hwo will post right schematics, so this @spalato guy can make and sell that cables...

ReZn0r 04-21-2002 20:10

OK, IŽll try to explain something...

90% of cables have the same scheme. Only little modifications in Alcatel BE1/3/4/5 or Nokia and Bosch (MBUS)

You say that you must add 78L05.... OK

Towards DB9 there are 2 1N4148.. OK (Maybe pin 4-6, 7-8???)

Leg 16 from MAX must be shortcutted with GND on DB9

?????????? MAX232 is powered by 5V in leg 16. Are you saying that you must shortcut 5V power Supply with GND??? I think yoou are wrong.

IŽll put here a possible Scheme. If you have 5 min, jus complete this, please.....

MAX232

Capacitors between

1-3
4-5
6 - GND
16-2

Line from 16 to 78L05 output
leg 15 to GND

leg 9 & 10 to phone conector
Leg 7 & 8 to DB9

This is the Basic Scheme. Lets write from where to where goes the 2V7 Diodes and phone pinout (It use 4 or 5 pins?) IŽve seen scheme with 5 pins, but if sou said that normal data cable works, the only think I can think is that fifth pin was used to apply voltage to put phone in flash mode or something like that...

Regards

ReZn0r

Spalato 04-21-2002 22:11

To ReZn0r:

I will go to my friend and I hope he has not coated his original cable and check again what it was but it will take few days and than I will be able to give you more info. I know that me and member "GSM solution ZG", which I actualy must thank because if it wasn't him, I still had no cable, we added those 2V7, 1N4148 and 78L05 elements and did two shortcuts. I think you are correct, leg 15 to GND but wait few days.

Go to this website and check the ALCATEL ONE TOUCH DB SERIES cable by Misiek (on the bottom of the page). Just add 2V7 on RX & TX. So far as I remember, this schematic is the closest to what I saw inside the BF cable, or, it could be "the schematic" but must add 2V7 diodes on RX & TX

To Legija:

My post has nothing to do with "moderator" or "super moderator" stuff. I'm posting my posts here just like any other member of this forum. I think you are a little bi jealous on that :) and you can't deny that because you opened recently your own GSM forum where YOU are the SUPER MODERATOR :D so it's just a mather of jealousy. Nothing else...

This is the end of mine discussinon with you. Grow up man...

Spalato