GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching

Siemens-Benq Flash Patching All about Flash patching/patches and Flash Modifications we can get it from here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 13:18   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 50599
Thanks Meter: 0
Error reports in some patches

1. Explorer right softkey

Mark is now used on key * or #... But there is no option for mark all (previously long press of right softkey) now long press on * (or #) it is just toggling mark/unmark. Can it be solved?

2. Just a simple text viewer

Sometimes (when no file is loaded) phone crashes when we select Read Memory....

Old 04-12-2005, 14:34   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
1. Maybe it's possible to have both functions. I can have a look at that patch this weekend.
2. Easy bug, easy solution: don't select "Read memory", when no file is loaded. I mean, if you have some injury it hurts when you touch it. Result? You don't touch it...

Old 04-12-2005, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
2. Easy bug, easy solution: don't select "Read memory", when no file is loaded. I mean, if you have some injury it hurts when you touch it. Result? You don't touch it...
That's right, but if you want a stable phone, it should be fixed.
This is less important though, more important is that on slightly longer files (for those that you have to press Next to view the rest of) some portions of the text disappear. This SHOULD be fixed, since this is an issue that makes the patch less functional.

Old 04-12-2005, 15:06   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
As far as I know you stil aren't able to see non-english chars with JSTV? Riza had found a solution for that in his notepad-binary. Riza, maybe you can post the source of JSTV and also the new viewing routine (with non-english chars possible)?

Old 04-12-2005, 16:06   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
riza already developed a patch that fixed the "error" when reading memory, but did not published it yet.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:47   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
I did upload the JSTV: Just a Simple Text Viewer v3. Some previous bugs had been corrected. BUT, the UNICODE file support is deleted.

For a better viewing, text file need to be converted to the ASCIIZ format, otherwise, some character may not be displayed correctly, especially for the long text file.
ASCIIZ is a string which is ended with a single '00' char.

Attached is a perl script to convert a plain text file to either ebk (ebook), or ebz (zipped ebook) format, which is supported by JSTV v3. Just type : "perl eb.pl" from your MS-DOS prompt to get some usage help.

I also attach test2.ebk to be used as a font (ASCII Code) test file. Using that file, we can see that actually, UNICODE character is displayable in the patch. Just need a converter ... which I don't have it now

rizapn
Attached Files
File Type: xls eb.pl.xls (5.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: xls test2.ebk.xls (3.6 KB, 27 views)

Old 04-14-2005, 09:02   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
@rizapn:

Thank you for your work, the latest JSTV is great.

Old 04-16-2005, 14:26   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Perl maybe is my daily tools, but not for everyone in this forum
So, I attach the eb.exe tools (still an MS-DOS based software, not a GUI ones, because sometimes, I really hate GUI, it make us "lazy") ...

Just go to the MS-DOS Prompt in your Win32 OS, change the directory to where you put eb.exe, or put eb.exe in your PATH, and type "eb" <ENTER> ...

Using this tools, you can "convert" a plain text file to become an EBK file (ASCIIZ text file to be read by the JSTV patch), or EBZ file, which is compressed with around 40% ratio.

Example usage:

eb z,1000,"The Story Ones" my_ebook.txt

which will generate ebz files from plain text my_ebook.txt. Each ebz files has 1000 "JSTV pages", and the ebook title is "The Story Ones" (without the quotes) ...

rizapn
Attached Images
File Type: png eb_preview.png (22.5 KB, 36 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt eb.exe.txt (25.5 KB, 30 views)

Old 04-16-2005, 15:48   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
Thank you riza, this will outdate microreader....

Old 04-16-2005, 16:45   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@cyperghost:
- hehehe... but, I don't think this Simple Viewer is comparable with microreader ...

JSTV:
Still need a converter for Non-English character file to become displayable with this patch.

I also attach the sample files, which I think is containing Russian characters (sorry, if I make a mistake). Other character set which is displayable through JSTV is Arabic. But, the text display sequence is not 'correct' (from left to right, not right to left).
Attached Files
File Type: txt dunno1.txt (74 Bytes, 21 views)
File Type: txt dunno2.txt (65 Bytes, 16 views)

Old 04-16-2005, 17:38   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 50599
What about missing "MArk All" in explorer right softkey patch?