GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > x1x to x45/x50

x1x to x45/x50 All Siemens mobile starting from S6, S10, ... up to C45, S45, ME45, SL42, SL45(i), A50, CL50, M50, MT50.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 04:36   #1 (permalink)

Member: 30159
Thanks Meter: 0
prob: sl45 with fw56 powers off after backlight turns off

I have a problem with my phone.
Summary:
When the SIM is in, when the backlight fades out the phone turns off if it is not connected to a charger.

Phone is using FW56 (fubus fls-sl45iv56.bin).
I used siemens unlock 5.1 to get rid of "wrong software" error.
However, this problem occurs even with the phone's original firmware.

I had the phone just come back from siemens (big repair job... the rf board, screen, and more were toast) and I believe it was doing this when I got it back from them (noticed the phone turned off by itself, thought it was odd, flashed it).

Anyway, if anyone can point me at a solution that would be great.
(I did read all 'help' and 'dead sl4x' posts on this forum and didn't find anything)

more explicit details:
When no SIM in, phone stays on in or out of charger, even after backlight goes off.
With SIM in, phone stays on after backlight turns off if connected to charger. If phone is not connected to charger and backlight goes off and SIM is in the phone turns off.
If you keep using the phone so the backlight doesn't go off, it is fine (until backlight goes off)

I have already posted this in the hardware section under an existing thread, but thought here may be more relevant. The forum rules didn't say it was the wrong thing to do, but if it was then sorry (and tell me so I don't do it again)

Last edited by gnoshi; 06-02-2003 at 09:43.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:27   #2 (permalink)

Member: 30159
Well, after much searching I get the impression my problem is similar to this one in which case I'll have to flash the phone back to the original FW and EEPROM and take it back for servicing, but I would still appreciate any ideas or views from people here as to if it is the same problem, or even if it is more likely to be a hardware or software problem.

help me obi-wan kenobi; you're my only hope.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:41   #3 (permalink)

Member: 33127
yeap i get the same problem.
I think its a hardware problem, opened it up and had a look at it after 8h of playing with it flashing the software with all the version out there, i figered it out.

My fix was i stuck a pice of paper in between the screen and the case of the phone .. And it worked .... for some time then i flashed it to 56 version and i kept on getting the problem... again ...

So flashed it back to version 19 and its is ok ..... its has been ok 8 hours
I have taken out he MMC card just incase there is some conflict with software ...

I have taken some pics to show you what i meen by the folded piece of paper...

http://www.nikolov.com.au/temp/sl45_01.jpg

http://www.nikolov.com.au/temp/sl45_02.jpg

I will keep my fingers crosed.....
if have any segestion please post them .....
Old 07-03-2003, 07:30   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7767
Thanks Meter: 3
In A36/40 this CPU fault (bad soldering or damaged).
Old 02-10-2004, 00:24   #5 (permalink)

Member: 32134
need the photos...

could anyone send me the photos you were talking about ... how to fix that thing with backlight problem

I REALY NEED THEM

THX

e-mail: [email protected]