GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2005, 22:37   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
DSM: Problem Discussion

Some people occour problems with DSM1 and DSM2 - Patch "DSM = Direct Send Message by RizaPN"

Okay.... how does these problem be announced?

Simply.. You write SMS Message, go to adressbook entry and phone switches off

For several weeks I made complete new backup of my SL45 firmware and now I tried DSM2 and it worked perfectly! Really! Then I deinstalled it and made DSM1 run and phone crashed. Now I switched back to DSM2 - phone crashed. I played a bit aroound with this patch and now I've got a check were we can test if DSM runs well or runs bad.

We go to SIM-Location, go to one entry (doesn't matter which one) select "Read" with left SK and press right SK (named SMS or SpeechControl - this depends on DSM2 patch installtion, you've got several options were this patch will be intagrated) what does happen?

If you got entry SpeechControl and you'll see screen "Press Start to start recording...." the chance is good, DSM could work
If you got entry SpeechControl and you will jump back to SIM-list well... then there's something wrong

If you got entry SMS, you'll switch to SMS editor. Try to send message... Does phone switch off?
If you got entry SMS, can you switch to SMS editor?

This patch gots really strange strange behaviour.... maybe someone can fix this?
Attached Files
File Type: txt DSM. Direct Send Message v2.vkp.txt (2.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: txt DSM. Direct Send Message version1.vkp.txt (1.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-07-2005, 06:49   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 70080
Thanks Meter: 2
Mey be easier rewrite code, and debug, source DSM2 - in rizapn_asm.zip
Old 11-07-2005, 16:15   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hmm... well I'm not a patcher
But this will be best soltution surly. My "solution" in this case is to disable SIM part of this patch.
It would be nice if someone can debug this patch
Old 11-11-2005, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
If you got entry SMS, you'll switch to SMS editor. Try to send message... Does phone switch off?
Yes, phone switchs off ! I use DSM v2
Old 11-12-2005, 11:36   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@trustkill

Only way to "fix" this problem is to undo this part

;If you do not want to have "SMS" in the phonebook View screen, unmark these:
0x1A51C6: 4F02 3C02 ;text SMS
0x3E87FE: 46FC4500 DAE4A44B ;entrypoint

But then VoiceControll won't work with this item - see my first posting related! I just changed entrypoint and made a "workaround" solution. I'm not 100% happy with this but I eleminated way that phone could crash