GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 15:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 26790
Thanks Meter: 0
My experience:repair SL45+questions VIP

Hello,

Let me explain you a strange thing that yesterday happened to my SL45i… I was playing with the FW, applying and upgrading different patchs when I made a mistake in the UniSiemens flash“size” field… as you know the right value is 5F0000 and I put 6F0000.

When UniSiemens finished the flash procedure, it showed me a warming screen with a message similar to “The address selected is too big for the flash size”…

When I saw this I noticed my error and I tried to turn on the phone (after take out and place again the battery) and the phone told me “Wrong Software”…

I tried to re-flash the phone with the correct size values but the “wrong software” message still were every time I tried to turn on the phone…

I tried to flash the phone with the SWUP package and the standard flash file but … “wrong software”…

Finally I tried to “repair the phone”, with the “all siemens ¾” soft installing the FW19, deleting the IMEI, writing them the email, obtaining a .log file, making a .map file from the .log file and them re-mapping the phone… without success… why?, I do not know, but “Siemens A3x All Doer v3.0” told me that “phone EEPROM Damaged”… :-(

As you can imagine, I was very frustrated… I left the phone at 3am and I got up at 8am to continue trying the repair…

Finally I was able to repair it doing the next:
-with “ksie_5.1” (Siemens Unlock 5.1 by Nutzo) I wrote the correct IMEI.
-with zSiemenz (from RizaPN) I wrote a Map file to the phone (made with ksie, as a backup, one month ago)
-with UniSiemens I wrote the EEPROM (read with Unisiemens as a backup, one month ago)
-with UniSiemens I wrote the FW56 with which I obtained the .map file and the EEPROM that I had just used.

Do not ask me why but after all of this operations, the phone is now fine… why?, I do not know… This is the sense why I am writing this, to know what happened and to know how I repair it.

I really appreciate if some of you can reply this post with the answers for the next questions:

-what is a .log file?
-what is a .map file?. What are the differences with a .log file?
-When I read the EEPROM with UniSiemens, what is the correct “From” address and the correct “size” value for SL45? (From 5F0000 and size=10000 by default)
-what’s the meaning of Ksie “Decrypt Eeprom Blocks” and “Decrypt Eeprom Blocks from Map” menus?
-And, the most important, -What is the correct way (the correct sequence) to “repair” a dead SL45i?

I think that this last question is the most important for all of us… it is really easy to add a Riza’s patch with an hex editor, but I think all of us MUST be prepared for the worst situation, when for a mistake or for a problem, our phone dies… I will be really grateful if any of you accepts to explain us how to make a “right backup” of all the files needed to repair a died phone.

I am really gratefully with all the guys that programmed the software I used to repair my phone this morning, so, Nutzo, Riza and Maxrfon, thank you very much for share your knowledge and your software with us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

From Spain,

OSvaldo

PS: I'm tired of the LogIn problems in this forum...every tiem I want to post something I have to register as a new user and the webmaster don not do anything....
Old 04-17-2003, 20:16   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 26670
Thanks Meter: 5
something similar happend to me once.
I also put wrong flash size, and when i tried to start up my sl, message pop up :WRONG SOFTWARE.
Couldnt do anything, so i had to use ksie 5.1 to change IMEI, and it work again
Old 04-18-2003, 00:38   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15312
Sonork: 100.1576041
Thanks Meter: 1,097
Re: My experience:repair SL45+questions VIP

Quote:
Originally posted by OSval
Hello,

Let me explain you a strange thing that yesterday happened to my SL45i… I was playing with the FW, applying and upgrading different patchs when I made a mistake in the UniSiemens flash“size” field… as you know the right value is 5F0000 and I put 6F0000.

When UniSiemens finished the flash procedure, it showed me a warming screen with a message similar to “The address selected is too big for the flash size”…

When I saw this I noticed my error and I tried to turn on the phone (after take out and place again the battery) and the phone told me “Wrong Software”…

I tried to re-flash the phone with the correct size values but the “wrong software” message still were every time I tried to turn on the phone…

I tried to flash the phone with the SWUP package and the standard flash file but … “wrong software”…

Finally I tried to “repair the phone”, with the “all siemens ¾” soft installing the FW19, deleting the IMEI, writing them the email, obtaining a .log file, making a .map file from the .log file and them re-mapping the phone… without success… why?, I do not know, but “Siemens A3x All Doer v3.0” told me that “phone EEPROM Damaged”… :-(

As you can imagine, I was very frustrated… I left the phone at 3am and I got up at 8am to continue trying the repair…

Finally I was able to repair it doing the next:
-with “ksie_5.1” (Siemens Unlock 5.1 by Nutzo) I wrote the correct IMEI.
-with zSiemenz (from RizaPN) I wrote a Map file to the phone (made with ksie, as a backup, one month ago)
-with UniSiemens I wrote the EEPROM (read with Unisiemens as a backup, one month ago)
-with UniSiemens I wrote the FW56 with which I obtained the .map file and the EEPROM that I had just used.

Do not ask me why but after all of this operations, the phone is now fine… why?, I do not know… This is the sense why I am writing this, to know what happened and to know how I repair it.

I really appreciate if some of you can reply this post with the answers for the next questions:

-what is a .log file?
-what is a .map file?. What are the differences with a .log file?
-When I read the EEPROM with UniSiemens, what is the correct “From” address and the correct “size” value for SL45? (From 5F0000 and size=10000 by default)
-what’s the meaning of Ksie “Decrypt Eeprom Blocks” and “Decrypt Eeprom Blocks from Map” menus?
-And, the most important, -What is the correct way (the correct sequence) to “repair” a dead SL45i?

I think that this last question is the most important for all of us… it is really easy to add a Riza’s patch with an hex editor, but I think all of us MUST be prepared for the worst situation, when for a mistake or for a problem, our phone dies… I will be really grateful if any of you accepts to explain us how to make a “right backup” of all the files needed to repair a died phone.

I am really gratefully with all the guys that programmed the software I used to repair my phone this morning, so, Nutzo, Riza and Maxrfon, thank you very much for share your knowledge and your software with us.

From Spain,

OSvaldo

PS: I'm tired of the LogIn problems in this forum...every tiem I want to post something I have to register as a new user and the webmaster don not do anything....
I don´t even read half of your post...
There are simpliest ways of repairing it, look throw old posts.
Old 04-20-2003, 13:40   #4 (permalink)

Hello,

first of all, thanks for your replies.

Drug_Store,

I had .ldb and .lc files read when I had FW54 (now 56). When I tried to upload the .lc file to the phone, the uploader soft tells me "no data for this phone"... why???

I have tried to upload differents .lc files to my phone without success but always with the same error message ("no data for this phone).

I have tried too to read the .ldb file from the phone, them make the lc file and them tried to upload to the phone... "no data for this phone".

Another think, the .lc calculator you have in your eGroup do not work for me... I obtain only a 0 kb .lc file... why?.. for this I am using the .ldb to .lc Calculator by Bleedr... is it fine?

Thanks for your help... I'm not able to put any new patch or my phone die again...

I will email you with more info beacause I'm desesperate....

Best wishes from Spain,

OSvaldo
Old 04-20-2003, 23:58   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Lc Calc needs dongle...

About patch and die:

Porbably, because your old values were different from the correct flash.

For example:

If it says:

00 AB -> 01 BC

If in your flash isn´t 00 AB, DON´T DO ANY CHANGES.
Look for flash with right values...

I have v56 with right values.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:53   #6 (permalink)

Hello,

Drug_Store, thanks for your reply and for your help.

The flash file I'm using to patch is fine, I mean, the "old" values are the correct ones... Finally I have decide to use the V_Klay soft to upgrade the new patch (since now I like to put it manually with and hex editor).

Despite this, I have used your EEprom file (from your eGroup) and them I changed the email with KSie... have I to do something else or my phone is again totally fine?

Despite this, I sent you and email with extra information... if you have a moment, could you be so pleasant to look a litle what I sent you and tell me if you see something wrong?

I have been looking the old posts trying to find what are the diferences betwen a map file and a log file, .ldb and .lc, what exactly means "to remap" the phone and what is the exact way to recover a died phone... Could, again, any of you be so pleasant to solve this doubts?

Thanks for all your help...

From Spain, best regards,

OSvaldo

PS:...again a new nick, the old one do not work....
Old 04-22-2003, 20:44   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by OSval
Hello,

Drug_Store, thanks for your reply and for your help.

The flash file I'm using to patch is fine, I mean, the "old" values are the correct ones... Finally I have decide to use the V_Klay soft to upgrade the new patch (since now I like to put it manually with and hex editor).

Despite this, I have used your EEprom file (from your eGroup) and them I changed the email with KSie... have I to do something else or my phone is again totally fine?

Despite this, I sent you and email with extra information... if you have a moment, could you be so pleasant to look a litle what I sent you and tell me if you see something wrong?

I have been looking the old posts trying to find what are the diferences betwen a map file and a log file, .ldb and .lc, what exactly means "to remap" the phone and what is the exact way to recover a died phone... Could, again, any of you be so pleasant to solve this doubts?

Thanks for all your help...

From Spain, best regards,

OSvaldo

PS:...again a new nick, the old one do not work....
Hi Osvaldo

I´m a little busy... I´ll reply to other questions later.
For VKLAY sw (last version included) and all vklay patches in one zip archive, go here:
http://www.drug-store.itgo.com/SiemensPageFls.htm

I uploaded this few minutes ago... try it.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:09   #8 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 21492
Hi Drug_Store,

thanks for the link and four your anwsers. I will wait your reply about the other questions with impatience....

I'm really interesting to know the diferences betwen the ldb, lc, log and map files in order to learn definetively how to repair a damaged SL45.

I think this is the best phone never designed (for me, of course) and I want to continue "playing" with it but without be afraid for kill it...

Thanks in advance for your replies about all the questions.

Best wishes from Spain,

OSvaldo.

PS: next june I will be in Estoril, in a business travel... if you are from there, will be a pleasure for me to invite you to take a coffe...
Old 04-23-2003, 13:41   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by OSvaldo
Hi Drug_Store,

thanks for the link and four your anwsers. I will wait your reply about the other questions with impatience....

I'm really interesting to know the diferences betwen the ldb, lc, log and map files in order to learn definetively how to repair a damaged SL45.

I think this is the best phone never designed (for me, of course) and I want to continue "playing" with it but without be afraid for kill it...

Thanks in advance for your replies about all the questions.

Best wishes from Spain,

OSvaldo.

PS: next june I will be in Estoril, in a business travel... if you are from there, will be a pleasure for me to invite you to take a coffe...
Hi Osvaldo

Well, let me try to reply all.
Lbd, it´s when you read some information of your phone, like IMEI, locks and ect. when you got an lbd, you can create an lc, that writes to your phone, the IMEI, locks and etc (All this on phone EEProm)

Log, and Map, same thing. Log reads phone information, and map it´s created from log, and also writes to phone IMEI, locks, and etc.

When you get your SL45i repaired, use Unisiemens, and make a full flash backup. Now whenever your phone die, you write full flash backup, and he back´s to his previous state.

Well, I´m not from Estoril, I´m from Porto...
Anyway, maybe someday, we meet...
Old 04-23-2003, 16:41   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 21492
Hi Drug_Store,

thanks for your reply and for your clarifications...

Just a little question, the full flash backup is not a problem... I use to hand-modify the flash .bin file to add new patchs... so I always have a flash backup in my pc...

I'm very interesting in the EEPROM bacup, to repair the SL45 if never it dies...

I have read that make a EEPROM backup with Unisiemens is not enough to repair a died SL45 and the ideal is to re-write the EEPROM and them, with Ksie, re-write the original IMEI... is it right?

Anyway, to repair my phone I used YOUR eeprom.bin and them change the IMEI to mine... why I did this?. If I change the IMEI, I re-map the EEPROM??

Do not worry about Estoril, I have had a lot of times in Porto and Lisboa... I love your Carvalho Ribeira Ferreiro...

We will find the moment to meet.... sure...

From Spain, with lots of gratefull,

OSvaldo
Old 04-11-2009, 08:57   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1006119
Thanks Meter: 1
battery parameter map file

i want battery parameter map file for sl45i
1000mA battery parameter file