GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2004, 22:52   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
Thanks Meter: 0
Log Tools

Ok guys, this is the thread rc-flitzer and I will be starting together. This is where we will be posting future releases of logNavigator and logCalculator from now on.

We've been talking to each other via email, and have decided to team up and work together to create a unified set of tools to help manage call logging.

Here is a summary of our plan.
- logNavigator will be the navigation tool, and will be extended in time with new useful features. logNavigator will NOT implement cost calculation, but will support cost related features. The decision for this will be explained below.
- logCalculator will be the cost calculation tool, and will be able to work separately or in conjunction with logNavigator. It will be a stand-alone midlet, and will function independently of the logNavigator (that is you won't need to have logNavigator installed to use the logCalculator, but it is recommended. The same goes for the opposite situation). Basically logCalculator will provide time/cost reports. Rc-flitzer will be able to provide extra details.

Rc-flitzer will be working on the logCalculator, and I will continue development on the logNavigator. We will be constantly in contact with each other and exchange source code. We're looking into the possibility of inter-connecting the two midlets so we can get a unified tool for navigating and managing costs.

The reason for separating the two midlets is that cost management is a complex operation, that requires both time and memory to help accomplish. We feel that a single midlet wouldn't be able to really accomplish both tasks (navigation and cost management) without seriously affecting performance and functionality.

All questions, suggestions and bug reports should be posted in this thread from now on. The callLogReader thread will be discontinued (at least I won't be posting releases there any more).

Best regards,
Andrei

Last edited by adancau; 09-06-2004 at 09:38.
Old 09-05-2004, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

logNavigator v0.50

Change Log

- Added Filter option under Options menu. A filter is made up of the first letters / digits of a name/number, and applies to any entry list that is selected afterwards.

For example if I set the filter to "j" (without the ""), and open Outgoing, I will get a list made up of names like John, Jane, Jack etc.
If there are no names/numbers beginning with the character sequence you selected, N/A is displayed.
Filter is NOT case sensitive.

To clear the filter just erase any characters there and select Options>Back.

Time is calculated only for the entries that are displayed (if a show time option is selected), so it's useful if you want to know the duration of all the calls to/from a person.

This is the same version as the last one posted in the callLogReader thread. You don't need to download it if you downloaded it from the callLogReader thread. I'm bringing it here, since this is where new releases will take place from now on.

Andrei
Attached Files
File Type: txt logNavigatorV0.50.zip.txt (16.5 KB, 121 views)
Old 09-06-2004, 09:09   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 66558
Are we permited to post our opinions/sugestions here, or will there be separate thread for this?
BRG
koper
Old 09-06-2004, 09:39   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by koper
Are we permited to post our opinions/sugestions here, or will there be separate thread for this?
BRG
koper
As stated at the end of the first post (there, I've made it yellow bold now to stand out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adancau
All questions, suggestions and bug reports should be posted in this thread from now on. The callLogReader thread will be discontinued (at least I won't be posting releases there any more).
So suggest away.

Andrei
Old 09-06-2004, 10:43   #5 (permalink)

Member: 79994
How about including inclusive dates for the log display in future releases? For example, show only all the call/sms logs (and total time) from August 23 to Sept 20 or Sept. 1-25, etc. This should be particularly useful when synchronizing the logs and keeping track of calls/sms based on our phone's monthly billing cycle.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:06   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guguly
How about including inclusive dates for the log display in future releases? For example, show only all the call/sms logs (and total time) from August 23 to Sept 20 or Sept. 1-25, etc. This should be particularly useful when synchronizing the logs and keeping track of calls/sms based on our phone's monthly billing cycle.
This is more likely to be implemented in logCalculator, since it's related to billing. Implementing this in logNavigator would make about twice as slow, since it would have to read both log files (aug and sept), parse both and search in each entry whether the date is inside the given interval. I doubt that in logCalculator you will see anything else than reports though - so no entry lists like in logNavigator. Rc-flitzer will be able to provide more insight.

I MIGHT TRY to add this in logNavigator, but the inclusion of this feature in a future release depends heavily on the performance of the midlet in given conditions, as well as the continued ability to read large log files. Keep in mind that memory is limited on the SL45. Adding this feature might lead to logNavigator supporting only smaller log files, and we don't want that. On the other hand logCalculator won't have to keep track of all the data required to display log enties, so it will make this feasable.

Again, rc-flitzer will step in to provide some more details on the logCalculator.

Kind regards,
Andrei
Old 09-06-2004, 16:27   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
LogCalculator Ideas and Plans

Now it's my turn to explain the plan, ideas and realizement of logCalculator.

Because everyone has different mobile provider with differnt termes of charge, I have an idea that every user has to create a simple text file ('charge.txt') which contains all terms. This will be somehow formal but readable. I'll give you an example below.

First features planned:
- Summarize the time of all outgoing calls or of a special group of calls (net intern calls, landline calls) just as configured in textfile. This will also be rounded in the specified time measurement, e.g. 60/1, 10/10 etc. The cost will be displayed in configured currency.
- Summarize costs of all SMS. I consider terms like free SMS, credits for SMS, happy hour.

A main feature will be the different start of billing period, i.e. you can configure which 30-day-period you want to calculate. A non existing filename will be no problem. Other features for call calcution are basic charge, minimum charge and of course different rates for special call groups (as described below). You will be able to set an amount of calling codes which all have the same charging (like all net intern calls, all landline calls, all foreign country calls, WAP calls,...).

Here's an example of the charge.txt. All comments can be written after semicolon, I hope this will explain a lot...

Ideas are welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: txt charge.txt (1.8 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by rc-flitzer; 09-06-2004 at 16:29. Reason: Damned editing system...
Old 09-08-2004, 08:01   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adancau
I MIGHT TRY to add this in logNavigator, but the inclusion of this feature in a future release depends heavily on the performance of the midlet in given conditions, as well as the continued ability to read large log files. Keep in mind that memory is limited on the SL45. Adding this feature might lead to logNavigator supporting only smaller log files, and we don't want that.

Kind regards,
Andrei
How about just showing the total time of all voice calls and maybe also the total number of SMS sent (like a summary), without the entry logs display, for a specified time period (like from Aug 24-Sept20)?

I understand that logcalculator will also be implementing the same feature at a more complex level (differentiating internationals calls, landlines, wap, etc.) and with cost computations involved. But while waiting for logcalculator,this would be a nice addition to lognavigator, if its possible.

Last edited by guguly; 09-08-2004 at 08:12.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:23   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guguly
How about just showing the total time of all voice calls and maybe also the total number of SMS sent (like a summary), without the entry logs display, for a specified time period (like from Aug 24-Sept20)?
I will try to do it this week.

Andrei
Old 09-08-2004, 08:58   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 27936
@adancau

the last version of Log Navigator has a bug in rounding time. yesterday, I noticed this accidentally. my total outgoing call time was 17:55 but when i rounded it with midlet, it showed 21:00.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:17   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
No that's not bug imho
If you got three calls with maybe
1) 0:55
2) 0:30
3) 0:10
= 1:35 --> your rounding time: 2 min
but in facts it's 3:00 min, so no error from the midlet, you must round every call to one minute in this case
Old 09-08-2004, 16:29   #12 (permalink)

yes, it first rounds of individual calls in minutes before giving the total call time, and not the other way around.

Last edited by guguly; 09-08-2004 at 23:39.
Old 09-16-2004, 14:54   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 30834
Cool Log Navigator with new icnos!

Log Navigator with new icnos (I hope adancau don't kill me for that )
Attached Files
File Type: txt logNavigator_with_new_icons.rar.txt (15.2 KB, 80 views)
Old 09-17-2004, 09:44   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKam
Log Navigator with new icnos (I hope adancau don't kill me for that )
Nah, not going to kill anyone Diversity is good.
Hope I'll be able to get some work done this weekend. Had been on vacation till now. Will keep you posted.

Andrei
Old 09-26-2004, 23:38   #15 (permalink)

Member: 75596
just downloaded LogNavigator from the top-post.
Questions:
1) is it the last version?
2) i can't start it! Menu-Java-logNavigator & after few secs it returns to the Java-menu. what can be posssibly the problem?

thanx!!!