GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2003, 10:45   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 21492
Thanks Meter: 0
Voice Control lost after FW Patch.

Hello,

firstable let me introduce myself; my name is OSvaldo and I'm from Spain. I own a SL45 since two years ago and I still think it is the best cell phone never manufactured.

I use to post in the eGroups and I have found this board through a post that Riza and Wind posted in the eGroups board.

Yesterday I was playing with the FW patches and I enjoyed alot customizating my phone... I installed the nexts patches: SIM with left arrow, JAVA in the * key, eliminate the NNN_NNN_NNN in the messages stored in the MMC, short press to unlock keypad, send via IR in the MMC menu and inbox/outbox shortcuts....

After did this I tried the earphone handsfree and I noticed that when the keypad is loocked I cannot activate the voice control pressing the key that is in the earphone... is it normal??. If the keypad isn't loocked the voice control activation is posible through the earphone key....

When the keypad loocked I can activate the voice control pressing the upper arrow....

What of all the patches I installed is the responsible to loose the voice control activation from the handsfree earphone?? This function is very usefull for me and I like to recover it...

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english.

Best wishes from Spain,

OSvaldo
Old 02-12-2003, 11:06   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
@Osvaldo:
Read all patches (in 2-3 separated topics), and you will see how to get it back ...

RizaPN
Old 02-12-2003, 11:36   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Hello Riza,

First of all, thanks for your fast reply....

yes, I hace been reading and looking for the solution but my english is not as good as it should be.... I do not want to get back to the original FW, I only want to recover this function maintaining all the other patches... Could you be so pleasant, if you know, to tell me what is the patch that has produced the voice control lost?.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-12-2003, 14:07   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
This posting. Read posting #11 ...

RizaPN
Old 02-12-2003, 14:13   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Hello Riza,

I've found the next comment:

"Use # short button to release the key-lock
Firmware: SL45 v56
Author: RizaPN

0x3B07C4 : 1E -> 14
0x3B07C7 : 03 -> 04
0x3B07CA : 1F -> 21
0x3B07CE : DA A2 18 4C 48 40 2D 10 -> 0D 03 DA DA EC F6 0D 0F

If you want to use * instead of #, modify 0x3B07CA with 13.
For other button, use the value listed in the button code table.

* That patch also unhides a VoiceDial function * Press UP arrow key when the key is locked to activate the VoiceDial function. If you want to use another button, just modify the value in 0x3B07C4 with the listed button code.

Button Code:

5C : UPPER LEFT
05 : GREEN
01 : RED
....................................."

I understand that the patch that produces the lost of the voice dial from the handsfree earphones is the short press for unlock keypad... are any way to maintain this patch (short press to unlock keypad) and recover the voice dialing from the handsfree??

Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards from the Country of the Sun.

OSvaldo
Old 02-12-2003, 16:18   #6 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Hello Riza,

thaks for your help, I finally solve the problem....

I know that I will talk about somethig quite imposible but, do you think it is posible, using the S45i GPRS FW as a example or as a guide, try to activate the SL45i GPRS function?... dificult, I know, but not imposible... I expect....

Despite this I have readen someone proposing you to "make" a new FW57 that includes all the patch you have found... you reply that not in order to avoid confussions with the originals FW's but, why you do not develope a new FW called, for example, "RizaVersion"?....

Could be posible to improve the original SL45i FW with differents functions not present in the original FW as more device functions controlled by voice?, or to delete one single number in the "received calls" list?.... S45i has a lot of more "small" functions than ours SL45i's...

Anyway, thanks for your help. If you never need something from Spain, just let me know.

OSvaldo