GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   QUALCOMM Models (3G) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/)
-   -   GUIDE: How to flash your F480 Tocco (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/guide-how-flash-your-f480-tocco-573699/)

marcoll 08-09-2008 15:44

Guys, thx a million for this guide and F480XXHF7! I am a lot more satisfied with my phone now. I came from F480XXHE7 and first was in doubt to take the risk to flash. But I am happy I just did. Performance is better, UI, browsing through photos, is just all a bit faster. But also the what bothered me the most was the crappy quality u got when u just made a photo, that problem is gone now! So cheers!

ps: for the guys who get the COM error in the bootloader, dont forget to first shut down you Samsung software before trying to flash!

Flipje 08-10-2008 09:56

Micro Sd card

The only option,is to take the card out.
The notification that card is inserted is rom specified.
Software version F480 XXHF7 is perfect.
Even battery time last longer.
XXHF7 means XX= All European market H= year 2008 F=Juin 7=version
And yes Photo sliding is much more faster.
SMS words has now 2295 characters.
Software is steady and reliable.

I,m verry happy with it.
Everybody again thanks,for software and bootloader,this is what it make,s great fun.

Damsl123 08-10-2008 12:45

Hi

Is the use of the word 'bootloader' another name for the MultiLoader???

Please advise

Damsl123 08-10-2008 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipje (Post 3547864)
Thanks everything works fine,with bootloader you have to fill in boot and full download too.versio XXHF7 is perfect working for the European market including the Netherlands.

Hi
When you say 'bootloader' do you mean the multiloader prog?
:o

Damsl123 08-10-2008 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestHej (Post 3529788)
Hi,

Preparing your phone:

I am assuming here that you've already installed Samsung PC Studio and it works fine with your supplied USB cable.

Hi

Does this mean the USB cable that came with the phone can be used with the multiloader v5.33 to the flashing? :)

mightyjewels 08-10-2008 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damsl123 (Post 3555572)
Hi

Does this mean the USB cable that came with the phone can be used with the multiloader v5.33 to the flashing? :)

Yes - just make sure the Samsung Studio software is not open

WestHej 08-11-2008 11:07

I can confirm that F480XXHF7 is an excellent firmware!

StuPC 08-11-2008 12:13

Good...and bad

I agree - it is a pretty good firmware - and thanks again (very very much!) for the incredibly helpful guide. I'm a newbie at this phone firmware flashing business so the guide was perfect for me. :D

One question though - has anyone else lost the ability to check their Gmail using the F480 since flashing to XXFH7?
It's weird, but since updating I can't go to any Gmail site - can't even download the mobile Gmail app - because I ALWAYS get the message "Connection failed. Try again?"
The rest of the internet browsing is fine, and I've been able to use Yahoo! Mail fine, just not Google Mail. :(

Oh, and Shozu, the photo uploadiong app has also stopped working - it seems to work OK to begin with, but the upload never goes anywhere, just stays on the screen forever at 0%.

Spoke to T-Mobile here in the Uk and they had no idea what the problem might be, except to say that it wasn't a problem at their end.

dtm203 08-11-2008 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuPC (Post 3557956)
I agree - it is a pretty good firmware - and thanks again (very very much!) for the incredibly helpful guide. I'm a newbie at this phone firmware flashing business so the guide was perfect for me. :D

One question though - has anyone else lost the ability to check their Gmail using the F480 since flashing to XXFH7?
It's weird, but since updating I can't go to any Gmail site - can't even download the mobile Gmail app - because I ALWAYS get the message "Connection failed. Try again?"
The rest of the internet browsing is fine, and I've been able to use Yahoo! Mail fine, just not Google Mail. :(

Oh, and Shozu, the photo uploadiong app has also stopped working - it seems to work OK to begin with, but the upload never goes anywhere, just stays on the screen forever at 0%.

Spoke to T-Mobile here in the Uk and they had no idea what the problem might be, except to say that it wasn't a problem at their end.

Ive had the same problem and had to flash back to the T-Mobile branded firmware because i cudnt access the sky sports mobile tv page or use shozu on further tracking down try going into the t-mobile settings and make sure the port is set to 8080 and there is no proxy address set. It should work then!

StuPC 08-11-2008 15:55

dtm203, you are The Man! Thank you!
:D:D:D

dtm203 08-11-2008 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuPC (Post 3558628)
dtm203, you are The Man! Thank you!
:D:D:D

It worked then? I guess the T-Mobile settings are wrong and do not allow secure sites without the correct port etc

StuPC 08-11-2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtm203 (Post 3558636)
It worked then? I guess the T-Mobile settings are wrong and do not allow secure sites without the correct port etc

It worked perfectly, yes. That's the icing on the cake for my F480 now - not only does the camera work "properly" but everything else does, too.
Do you think I should ring T-Mobile and tell them how to fix this problem if anyone else rings them asking for help having flashed their phone?

Actually, something that rather surprised me was that T-Mobile were fine about me having flashed the firmware - I honestly thought they'd get a bit funny and refuse to help me at all because I'd deliberately "broken" the phone myself.

conway1991 08-11-2008 23:49

thanks for the guide!
okay I am seeing everyone is saying F480XXHF7 has improved camera quality....

I have to say mine hasn't improved at all since i flashed with HF7.

What could be wrong? Is everyone using mid. or low.?

Flipje 08-12-2008 09:03

No problems with G-mail

I have the new firmware XXHF7,it was Vodafone branded,no problems at all with G-mail or camera.
It show all Internet sites very quickly as Vodafone HSDPA has got the highest speed here in Holland.
Television no problem,even You Tube videos,streaming is exellent.
Camera,and video camera are working properly,its nice when you have a 8gig.msd.card inside you can record very long video .
Discussing the Low or Mid,I alway's use Low,I do not know what the difference is,but in the past with another Samsung U700 they alway's advised to take Low instead of Mid.

I also ordered a"Zagg" shield cover,on their site I will tell what it.s like.
If someone is interested,i have two discount 20% coupons i can send by mail.Look at http://www.zagg.com

StuPC 08-12-2008 09:32

Conway, the improvements I've noticed with the camera aren't gigantic, but certainly pictures taken indoors at night (i.e., in the pub) are hugely better, mainly because the autofocus now...focuses! This has helped with daytime outdoor pictures, too -improved focus.
Perhaps you already had a newer firmware than some others?
I'm using the "mid", by the way - figured that would be better than "low", but that was a complete guess!

Flipje - having just noticed a couple of tiny scratches on my phone, so I think I could do with a shield cover, if you wouldn't mind sending me one of those vouchers? :-)