GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   QUALCOMM Models (3G) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/)
-   -   Samsung gt-s5600 not picking all networks (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/samsung-gt-s5600-not-picking-all-networks-846456/)

xxyyzzz2 10-21-2009 23:14

Samsung gt-s5600 not picking all networks

Hi

I had my samsung gt-s5600 (originally locked to UK Orange) unlocked from a shop but now it only picks up O2 UK & Vodadone UK.

Reading through the forums I think I need to flash my phone to fix this. I've never done this before & want to make sure I am doing this correctly and using suitable firmaware & sofware

Below are the steps I think I need to follow - please let me know if I've got anything wrong or if there is a better way to do this

Steps (I think I need to follow)

1. Download firmware to PC - S5600XXIE4_Open
2. Download MultiLoader V5.56
3. Install Samsung PC Studio & make sure phone connects to PC ok
4. Remove Sim Connect Mobile to PC via USB cable which came with phone (phone needs to stay turned off)
5. Boot in download mode (Vol + Cam + PowerOn)

6. Run MultiLoader v5.56 with following settings

Button = MSM6275/MSM6280/MSM6290
Boot = \S5600XXIE4_OPEN\BOOTFILES\
Amms = \S5600XXIE4_OPEN\amss_compressed.bin
Rsrc1 = \S5600XXIE4_OPEN\Rsrc_S5600_Open_Europe_Common.rc1
Rsrc2 = \S5600XXIE4_OPEN\Rsrc2_S5600(Low).rc2
Factory FS = \S5600XXIE4_OPEN\FactoryFs_S5600_Open_Europe_Commo n.ffs

Click on Port Search - will this automatiicaly find the phone?

Click on Download

I'm not sure what the next steps are - I'm thinking the mobile will start installing the firmware and will re-boot & I just need to insert Sim and check all Networks are found

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Salami1_1 10-22-2009 14:33

Hi,

Couple remarks about the problem
- why not go to the shop and have them fix it?
- I've seen this before the way we fixed it is by flashing the SAME firmware version as it originally had (however can be debranded version)
- I think Z3x box had a calibration setting repair function, I havent tried this but this might actually be easiest solution to fix ur phone. A good unlock shop has this box.

Some remarks about the flashing
- do not flash boot, only do if you get errors flashing the firmware
- NEVER flash boot + firmware in one go. If you need to flash boot, do first boot. It will restart (might not fully start) and then flash firmware.

If you flash boot and you get error you are screwed and you need special JTAG to fix. As long as phone goes into boot mode you are good to flash.
It will automatically find phone if you have installed the Samsung drivers and phone is in download mode.
Best regards,

jerxjac 10-22-2009 20:10

thanks brother.............................

xxyyzzz2 10-22-2009 23:00

Thanks for the very useful advice

I did take it back to the same shop but the man wasn't able to resolve the problem - I'm not sure which method he used to unlock and flash

If I do go ahead and flash using Multiload v5.56 - Is there a good chance it will fix the phone or only a small chance. If there's only a small chance flashing it myself will fix the phone it might be better if I try another shop

Salami1_1 10-23-2009 01:04

Well as said.. if you have the firmware which your phone originally had, flash it (leave out the bootloader) and see if it works can't harm much.
If that doesn't work (like error while flashing) you prob need to also flash bootloader which I don't recommend for somebody who is does not really know what he / she is doing.

In the latter case I would just find a shop with Z3X box to try and fix it, or of course you can wait till we have some time (SRS remote unlock) and investigate this function to repair calibration settings..

Best regards,

worg 01-18-2010 12:07

Hello.

I have read over the Internet on some forums that the file Rsrc2_S5600(Low).rc2 or (Mid) is containing the files for animated images on startup and shutdown the phone.
My question is, if I DO NOT use this file when flashing my phone, it will skip those startup and shutdown screens ??? OR my phone will brick !!??

I`m strongly interested in skipping those animations on startup and shutdown for decreasing the time needed for the phone to start/shutdown.
Thank you !