GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2163736
Thanks Meter: 0
On the lookout for a hassle free VoIP application

I am on the lookout for a VoIP alternative to Skype which saves me the hassle of subscriptions and high call rates without compromising much on the sound quality .

Last edited by THE CLASH; 04-14-2014 at 09:07.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:28   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2167703
Thanks Meter: 3
For better sound quality you'll have to opt for a calling app which optimizes the performance of voice frames and for a cheaper option you'll have to compare few apps based on the country you are calling to instead of just going by general reviews. To call my family in Australia I use Global Call since Its one of the few apps on Google Play which has both decent sound quality and cheap unit call rates. I found my HG of VoIP calls good luck finding yours.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:51   #3 (permalink)

I just tried searching for Global Call on Google Play .There are many apps with similar names .Can you tell me which one is it? Which device do you use? I heard not all VoIP apps integrate well with Android devices. Skype surely doesn't.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:25   #4 (permalink)

Sorry for the delayed reply .Global Call is the app with that pink logo on Google play . I just got an update on FB page regarding some ongoing promotion which is only for new users .Seems like you can double your credit using it something like you purchase $50 and get $100 credited.
The Following User Says Thank You to hailstorm1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm1 View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply .Global Call is the app with that pink logo on Google play . I just got an update on FB page regarding some ongoing promotion which is only for new users .Seems like you can double your credit using it something like you purchase $50 and get $100 credited.
Hey I just downloaded Global Call. I didn’t get any notification of the event though. Is this limited only to specific countries ?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:43   #6 (permalink)

Member: 2168337
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn1 View Post
Hey I just downloaded Global Call. I didn’t get any notification of the event though. Is this limited only to specific countries ?
I made a search and here globalcall-1plus1 dot com and they require you to put your ID enter the event, not automatically giving you bonus. did you?

or are you in Japan?
The Following User Says Thank You to geekplaysbrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2014, 03:26   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

I got the event notification from their Facebook page . Guess this link should help you http://www.globalcall-1plus1.com
Old 06-17-2014, 04:41   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekplaysbrick View Post
I made a search and here globalcall-1plus1 dot com and they require you to put your ID enter the event, not automatically giving you bonus. did you?

or are you in Japan?
No I'm not from Japan . I make a lot of calls to Vietnam though and the call rates to Vietnam look very cheap at the moment just 6 cents
Old 06-17-2014, 05:23   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm1 View Post
I got the event notification from their Facebook page . Guess this link should help you

Thanks for sharing the link . I see that this is just a one time event meaning if I can avail this offer just once right ? Did you get the free credits?or is this one of the run of the mill events where you never get to redeem points after entering . I don't want to sound cynical but since its a one time event I just want to ensure I get bang for buck by buying credits worth $50 and getting a bonus of $50
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link . I see that this is just a one time event meaning if I can avail this offer just once right ? Did you get the free credits?or is this one of the run of the mill events where you never get to redeem points after entering . I don't want to sound cynical but since its a one time event I just want to ensure I get bang for buck by buying credits worth $50 and getting a bonus of $50

Don't worry the event is legit . The credits don't expire and you can use them as long as you like.I adopted the same strategy. Just purchased $50 credits and got an additional bonus of $50.At the moment Global Call is offers the cheapest rates. Go ahead and check it out !!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:01   #11 (permalink)

Thanks a ton .I availed the Global Call offer .The call quality is also pretty good. Now I have lotsa call credits which don't expire !! Lemme know if you come across more such deals online
Old 07-04-2014, 19:54   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1881584
Sonork: 100.1637971
Thanks Meter: 15
isn't this thread about free voip application? i don't think, a free voip app exists..