GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Off Topic Zone (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f36/)
-   -   NOKIA N97 or APPLE IPHONE help me choose ! (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f36/nokia-n97-apple-iphone-help-me-choose-796908/)

snsoftkiller 07-30-2009 15:26

NOKIA N97 or APPLE IPHONE help me choose !

Hi dears,
I want to by a new phone and I want your feedback and your opinion about this 2 phones :
NOKIA N97 or APPLE IPHONE 3GS

BR,

A. Wahab

tsarkh 07-30-2009 18:20

Iphone is the king of touch phones

good flashing for all

zeel_zeel 07-30-2009 19:07

I personally use N97. Far better then an Iphone.

5MP camera.
FM transmitter.
Both touch + full keypad.
now nokia has OVI store, same as itunes store.
Does not get locked after update.
Full bluetooth 2.0 support.
Multimedia download not restricted to particular pc or library.
And many more....

Studulike 07-30-2009 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeel_zeel (Post 4704350)
I personally use N97. Far better then an Iphone.

5MP camera.
FM transmitter.
Both touch + full keypad.
now nokia has OVI store, same as itunes store.
Does not get locked after update.
Full bluetooth 2.0 support.
Multimedia download not restricted to particular pc or library.
And many more....

I played with an N97 for 3 days, also played with iPhone 3GS and trust me nothing beats iPhone. I used to be so against the iPhone, even whent out and bought an LG Arena beleiving what they said about that phone at release. i wish I had purchased the iPhone then although I would have missed the 3GS so pleased I waited.

The main let down on the N97 is the resistive touch screen instead of Apples Capacitive screen. (No multitouch on N97). Another big problem with the N97 is its out of date opperating system and front end.
There is many other problems with the N97 but won't go into them now as pointless really.

5mp compared to 3.2mp makes no real difference as most photo's taken on a phone stay on the phone. The iPhone has a really good quality image anyway and response times are really good. On my LG Arena it has 5mp but the time it takes to take a picture the subject has already moved. I don't get that problem on the iPhone.

You see at the end of the day whenever anyone buys a phone even if they have problems with it they are always going to say its the best phone ever, it beats iPhone hands down, etc, etc. But the tuth is we are still a very long way off of beating the iphone. You might get better at some areas but not as a total package.

Hope this clears some stuff up for my first ever post. Oh and Hello everyone. Look forward to sticking around for a while.

Oh yes and sorry Zeel if It looks like I am putting you down in any way but felt this should be said in an unbiosed way. I have spent lots of time on both phones and are both very current and these were my findings. At the end of the day the screen alone is enough to turn me off. Sorry again and didn't mean to upset you in any way.

marvin03 07-30-2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by snsoftkiller (Post 4703693)
Hi dears,
I want to by a new phone and I want your feedback and your opinion about this 2 phones :
NOKIA N97 or APPLE IPHONE 3GS

BR,

A. Wahab

buy them both and compare to each other...peace bro:D

oxygene31dz 07-30-2009 21:14

my opinion

for me the iphone 3gs is the best

Gsm Lab 07-30-2009 21:44

Thread moved to Off Topic Zone section .

@Wahab

Personally i like IPhone 3GS, so i vote for IPhone 3GS ;)

BR,
A.Majid

nSeika 07-31-2009 01:53

iPhone’s touch screen is better, although some of the times I also feel it doesn’t register my touch and swipe as I expect it to be.
There’s still some quirks in the Symbian’s interface that annoys me, especially the single-tap/double-tap inconsistency.
Both are not mine though, so there’s chance I just hasn’t get used to it enough.

Personally I prefer real keyboard (score for N97) and still doesn’t catch the greatness of touch screen (minus for both), so I’d rather look for other cheaper Symbian device instead. But that’s out of context isn’t it.

guljee786 07-31-2009 06:10

I PHONE 3GS is best...........

Guljee

Shakeel_pattoki 07-31-2009 07:25

Iphone this time is the best than N97...........

..::: Naveed :::.. 07-31-2009 11:02

Iphone 3gs is better ;)

Br
Naveed

SOHAIL BASHARAT 07-31-2009 11:19

I have personally use I phone 3G .It's better n97

;)

SOHAIL BASHARAT 07-31-2009 11:20

I have personally use I phone 3G .It's better n97

Ven0m 07-31-2009 11:31

overall the 3G iphone is better. it has better wifi, better touch screen, there's one thing though i dont like about the iphone, the battery! you can't just change it like any other phone. :(

regardss

Ven0m 07-31-2009 11:32

overall the 3G iphone is better. it has better wifi, better touch screen, there's one thing though i dont like about the iphone, the battery! you can't just change it like any other phone. :(

regards,