GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   SonyEricsson (USB-Smart) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f361/)
-   -   SEMC....Cannot open com port (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f361/semc-cannot-open-com-port-249764/)

andreino 11-21-2005 23:00

SEMC....Cannot open com port

Hi i've received this afternoon USB Smart and i start "working"...I install usb smart driver , usb acces...download SEMC Tool 5.1...
Then i put 4 in 1 cable that came with USB Smart and everuything ok...
Then i read which com port i must use for usb cable set thid to 115200 and when i select that com port SEMC Tool give the message "Cannot open com port 18".
Where is the problem??
Tomorrow i will try on other pc....

I have AMD 64 3000+ with windows XP Sp2

thanks a lot for help

porrakerter 11-21-2005 23:04

Did you install the Fighter 4 in 1 drivers?
If so, have you tried restarting your computer after the installation?

Normally that does the trick.

BR

andreino 11-21-2005 23:21

I use driver that i received with usb smart dongle...They say Pinky usb-to-com....
Where can i download fighter driver??
Thanks a lot

maxijazz 11-21-2005 23:40

www.maxi-mobile.net/CableDrivercruiser.rar

Kevbodian 11-22-2005 00:15

i thought i read zulea say something about usbsmart not functioning properly on amd 64 computers.

if you are connecting by cruiser cable, you have to check all comports. everytime you check a comport that does not have your cable, it will say "cannot open comport". just keep checking until you select the right comport.

BLUE TORNADO 11-22-2005 05:46

when use cruiser 4 ín cable,feater make usb to com on your pc,you need select com port to it,and flash.

rajabrotherscom 11-22-2005 07:43

:cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by andreino
Hi i've received this afternoon USB Smart and i start "working"...I install usb smart driver , usb acces...download SEMC Tool 5.1...
Then i put 4 in 1 cable that came with USB Smart and everuything ok...
Then i read which com port i must use for usb cable set thid to 115200 and when i select that com port SEMC Tool give the message "Cannot open com port 18".
Where is the problem??
Tomorrow i will try on other pc....

I have AMD 64 3000+ with windows XP Sp2

thanks a lot for help

if you use usb hub disconect it.whan tak error disconect cable and plug again.
br raja

andreino 11-22-2005 09:01

So i try another PC with an Athlon XP processor and Win XP Sp2 install cruiser driver but same problem!!!
I read in hardware setting the number of com port associated to cable and i use it on SEMC Tool but nothing same error!!!
How can i do??The only port that it accept is com1 that is the phisically one on PC.
I'm connected directly to usb port of pc not to hub.
Can i use T28 serial cable to try it?
Please help me!!!

Kevbodian 11-22-2005 09:11

it sounds like your cables are not fully installed...

when the cables are installed, XP will install 2 drivers from the directory.

1 driver is for the cable, and one driver is for the USB to run as a COM (serial) port.

i use a front USB and i use COM8. remember that you need to install USB SMART drivers AND cable drivers (2 cable drivers are installed)

andreino 11-22-2005 09:56

I do everything
Cable is installed on com14 but nothing...also usb smart driver are installed.
Now i try to a pc with windows me and everything seem to be ok...but i want to work at home so i would like to solve problem!!
I install cruiser driver for cable....
and v2 version for usb smart...
i don't know what else...

Kevbodian 11-22-2005 10:36

that is very strange

you could dual-boot XP/ME

andreino 11-22-2005 11:49

Now i will try to unlock from win me pc...Only a question...Which velocity i must use for 4in1 cable ?? 115200 or more?!?
And then i must set in hardware resources the same velocity?because for default is 9600....
Thanks to all for your help