GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM

Hardware Equipments for GSM All about Hardware Instruments and equipments like Soldering Stations, Hardware Tools, Oscilloscopes , Frequency Counters ..ext.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 08:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2696123
Thanks Meter: 0
I can't how replacing small BGA chips

Hello,
I'm a person who wants to do that and in his life has done many types of work, lately I'm dealing with mobile repair, but I'm still in the early stages. Although I have now reached a fair level in tin soldering, I can not work in replacing small BGA chips. I'll explain. Not being able to experiment on other phones, I have old running phones (such as Nokia 3200, 3210, etc.), which disagree with the power chips and reset them. The practice I apply is what you generally see on youtube. Now it seems that the desoldering / welding works well, but when I go back to it, it is still dead. Since I am a beginner I would like to know where I am wrong. Maybe I use a hot air station temperature too high? I'm here to learn. Thank you
excuse my english i'am italian
Old 05-29-2017, 21:15   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 168904
Thanks Meter: 23
At what temperature do you work?

Last edited by orx; 05-29-2017 at 21:38.
Old 06-06-2017, 17:39   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviospano View Post
At what temperature do you work?
I put the station at 400° C and put the gun at 3-4 centimeters...
Old 06-06-2017, 21:08   #4 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
hi
400 degree is a very excessive temperature for soldering and desoldering ..step by step explain what do you mean small ic or make an example of what would do and your procedure for soldering...

attention the argument is very large..

Last edited by orx; 06-06-2017 at 23:19.
The Following User Says Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 15:57   #5 (permalink)

Example. How would you replace a power chip on a samsung note 3 motherboard? I put a little bit of flux and start heating up setting what temperature? The IC in question is the PMA8084. How would you do that? Can I use a Fluke 62 MAX infrared thermometer to measure the temperature or just a k probe?
Old 06-07-2017, 16:56   #6 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
first , always ceck always for any boards in rework, what's on the other side of the board and if necessary tries to cool the critical components (very important)
second , yes you can to use k probe at the first experience you build an idea ..
Isolates all components around with kapton tape leaving only the PMIC visible
for replace pmic i use for remove ic , flux amtech nc559 or others ,330 /340 degree hot air (depends on your station .. on my station will be lower..) full air .

Be careful when removing ic , try to be sure shakes it that it is completely unsoldered , if you have not right attention risk of snatching some important prints.

clean well the prints on board (carefully) using solder iron and finally then you must to procede at the alignment OF NEW IC ..
For this i can only tell you that this last phase requires attempts, attempts to accumulate the right sensibility .
What I wrote is how I would do it and how I do it, listen to other opinions.

good luck

Last edited by orx; 06-07-2017 at 17:01.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked