GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > KULANKENDI Server

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 21:26   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 239236
Thanks Meter: 0
k800 and seus crap

hi guys
i have done a seus update and they have changed my cid from 51 to 52. why is that? can it be reverted to 51? also, it is an unlocked phone but branded to vodafone uk I would like to debrand it. will it be still possible since it is cid 52? and this seems like a crap. i mean change cid with a software update? it would be the same hardware so i do not see any problem of it being reverted to cid 51 or even cid 49. SEUS can do it so everybody else should be able to do it.

I have done the SEUS update hoping it would update EROM but apparently it did not. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jmecherul

Old 08-06-2007, 23:17   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 384655
Thanks Meter: 517
U are so lucky
SEUS will always update phone to latest things what are available, so: EROM CID, Firmware. U can debrand it with KK, just use CID52 flashes(all flashes are debranded).
Only possible is do Software change CID(EROM CID) and it works only up, U can revert it - I know many poples will thing "if it's possible to change it up,so must be possible change it down..." but no, main idea of SE protection is CID number what "presure" to use new signed loaders and firmware, so from begining it can't be changed by normal way. One exception is do it by find holes...

b.r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecherul View Post
hi guys
i have done a seus update and they have changed my cid from 51 to 52. why is that? can it be reverted to 51? also, it is an unlocked phone but branded to vodafone uk I would like to debrand it. will it be still possible since it is cid 52? and this seems like a crap. i mean change cid with a software update? it would be the same hardware so i do not see any problem of it being reverted to cid 51 or even cid 49. SEUS can do it so everybody else should be able to do it.

I have done the SEUS update hoping it would update EROM but apparently it did not. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jmecherul

Old 08-07-2007, 03:46   #3 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 239236
Thanks Meter: 0
hey
thanks for the reply
i wonder then why my erom hasn't been updated? with kulankendi does it cost anything to update the erom? i tried connecting my phone and was saying to update erom before flash (this was before seus update). i have read that it doest cost anything but I just to know for sure. it would suck spending all that money again since I paid quite a lot for the phone itself.
thanks

jmecherul

Old 08-07-2007, 12:23   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 384655
Thanks Meter: 517
SEUS do not change EROM Version, only EROM CID. I think coz it need some manual operation like hold 2+5 keys, disconnect phone, remove battery etc. For some users it's very complicated operation...

b.r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecherul View Post
hey
thanks for the reply
i wonder then why my erom hasn't been updated? with kulankendi does it cost anything to update the erom? i tried connecting my phone and was saying to update erom before flash (this was before seus update). i have read that it doest cost anything but I just to know for sure. it would suck spending all that money again since I paid quite a lot for the phone itself.
thanks

jmecherul