GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM > RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder

RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder the Infrared Reworking System - Product By Jovy Systems. & iSolder the intelligent soldering machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:32   #16 (permalink)

Member: 27509
Thanks Meter: 0

Hi!

I'm trying to Trion's method with RE-7500 but no luck

- Place 360 motherboard on XY tabel and set L.H to Preheat mode (machine in park mode)
- Wait to 75 degrees and set machine to normal mode
- Turn off L.H. and turn on U.H. in fast reflow mode
- Waiting for 105 degrees and turn off U.H.
- After 30 seconds, cool down the pcb with fan

Is this method correct, or where is the mistake ?

Please help me because I'm very despondent...

Last edited by dusan75; 01-03-2009 at 03:38.
Old 03-02-2009, 20:08   #17 (permalink)

Member: 905777
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusan75 View Post
Hi!

- Place 360 motherboard on XY tabel and set L.H to Preheat mode (machine in park mode)

Hi, if you cannot work this out my friend then perhaps you sell your JOVI machine to me
Old 03-02-2009, 20:17   #18 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 469532
Sonork: TG: CodebUnlocks
Thanks Meter: 868
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusan75 View Post
Hi!

chek this also this metod work fine for me /...

youtube part 1

youtube part 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_F10ch3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2009, 20:16   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44625
Thanks Meter: 36
My friends, am sorry i haven't posted here in a while. The heating method as i had shown here way back is a temporary fix. As Raheeeb said, its better to reflow the joints rather than just heating the parts as i was doing. This requires higher temperatures and the process is different. In some cases its even better to reball the CPU and GPU. Kits are now available on the net for doing this. The best solution would be to remove the ICs and reball them with leaded solder paste (yes i did say lead based solder and NOT ROHS solders that cause the problem). This along with improving the cooling as give on the Llama forums besides other forums will be a more lasting solution.

Please be warned that the methods mentioned in the post above this one on the You tube videos are temporary fixes too and mainly work by putting pressure on the balls. Then as the borad starts heating and warping the board starts giving problems again that get progressively worse. The you tube works only for short periods.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15   #20 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
@all

I found these video i think it is helpful
http://www.jovy-sys.com/videos/Latest/

Hope to get some feedback from the ppl here
The Following User Says Thank You to Raheeeeb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15   #21 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
@all

I found these video i think it is helpful
http://www.jovy-sys.com/videos/Latest/

Hope to get some feedback from the ppl here
Old 03-10-2009, 16:20   #22 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12296
Thanks Meter: 9
I think the easiest way is to change the X-clamps with proper screws ..just find the right thickness metal washers for mounting the heatsinks on top....bottom i normally use fiber washers . same way i fixed many and none of them came back...quick and easy fix...cost you less than 5 £...

WBR

Surej
Old 03-11-2009, 21:23   #23 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Dear Raheeeeb,

Thanks for the link as its useful for us to know the temperatures for ******* a reballed GPU. Could you kindly give some tips here for those who wish to reflow their 360 GPU and other Chips?

Thanks again.

Best regards!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49   #24 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 869567
Xbox 360 profiles wanted

Found this on avrepair.
http://www.jovy.avrepair.com/product/xbox/index.htm

The XBox360 RRoD Solution :

Upwards of 70% of all XBox360’s only need to have the GPU reflowed, to restore the unit to proper operating condition. This can be accomplished quickly and easily by using the Jovy Systems’ RE-7500 Rework Station. System comes complete with X-Y table included. Everything you need to start servicing the XBox 360 is included. You’re ready to go, right out of the box. (Includes 3 downloadable xbox specific profiles)

Especially this interested me:
(Includes 3 downloadable xbox specific profiles)

Checked jovy site to see if they have the profiles on their site also.
Horror, couldn't login anymore. Been trying for 2 days now, no luck.

Has someone else those profiles and want to share them please?
Put it up somewhere for download, or mail them?

Or is there maybe a "generic" or "public" login for jovy site?

Hope someone helps, would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Old 05-05-2009, 20:52   #25 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Thanks to Raheeeeb's links to the new videos we can easily see the process to fit a reballed GPU on the 360 motherboard. Its in the video called "GPU XBOXLIVE". The best solution is to reball the GPU . If we watch carefully we can see the temperatures, the heater settings and the duration of the process which is around 3 minutes. To learn how to reball ICs with the machine, we need to watch older videos whose links have been provided by Raheeeeb. Just look in the sticky posts in this forum.

For reflowing we could use similar settings.

@Deusjevoo,

When you buy a machine, you can make a user profile on the site.

B.R.

Trion
Old 05-05-2009, 21:30   #26 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
Thanks to Raheeeeb's links to the new videos we can easily see the process to fit a reballed GPU on the 360 motherboard. Its in the video called "GPU XBOXLIVE". The best solution is to reball the GPU . If we watch carefully we can see the temperatures, the heater settings and the duration of the process which is around 3 minutes. To learn how to reball ICs with the machine, we need to watch older videos whose links have been provided by Raheeeeb. Just look in the sticky posts in this forum.

For reflowing we could use similar settings.

@Deusjevoo,

When you buy a machine, you can make a user profile on the site.

B.R.

Trion
Thanks for the response.
Bought the machine second hand.
Asked for a login long time ago, never got an answer.
Used the login from the first buyer for now.
Looks like that has been disabled.
So, if someone wants to help me out ....

For the profiles, was thinking there was maybe a sort of reflow only profile or so for the gpu among them, as that is often enough.
Would very much like to have them all as they are probably "right" profiles that make me more comfortable to use than experimenting myself.

That "GPU XBOXLIVE" video is for the old xbox I think.
Don't think that was lead-free ?

Making profiles is not that easy for someone unexperienced in my opinion
Not enough info on the working of the machine.
Like, what do the different settings do?
What is the difference between reflow and fast reflow?
I mean this more technically. What is the power used?
How fast should temperature go up with different settings?
For working on top of the board, is it necessary to fast reflow bottom side?
Does kapton tape have influence on temp of the board? Or does it only components at place?
Those things are not explained anywhere.
Using FR on bottom, components can fall of.
Happened to me allready, and I did use kapton tape on the bottom to
cover most of the bottom surface. Offcousre, lost some that where not covered.
It is offcourse a technique I still have to learn.

Thanks anyway for your reaction.
And this is a great site, found lots of info on it.
Want to thank all of you guys.
And offcourse, especially Raheeb.

Regards.
Old 05-05-2009, 22:39   #27 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Deusjevoo,

The old Xbox had no issues with its GPU, CPU or almost any component besides the DVD drive. If u modchipped it and put in a large Hard disk, it can run for years without any problems, provided u ensure good power and that its little cooling fan is free of dust. Its one of the best consoles ever designed. At one time i had 4 as i was running a game parlour. I still have 2 and its over 8 years for the oldest and it still runs. The other is around 7 years old and running.

The video is for the 360, no mistake about this.

See, its possible to do work with absolutely no profile whatsoever. profiles are needed when u have repetitive jobs. If u watch the videos Raheeeeb has posted and the video links carefully at least 2-3 times each u will learn more than u could if u were give a 500 page manual. He's even shown how to make profiles. You can manually control settings. Don't be afraid to experiment. You can do this on dead or scrap phones or computer motherboards. Surely u can find some of those for a start.

While you are learning, pretend that there is no info out there except for what's available in this forum. Learn to make profiles if needed. Besides net based support, there are phone numbers listed listed on the Jovy site. Try those if you need.

Overall the best technical tips you can get are here. Only in certain cases do we need to contact Jovy. In my case i had a problem due to my machine firmware getting corrupted due to faulty power. Jovy helped me out for free even though it was well beyond the 1 year warranty.

See the reflow settings are different power levels of the IR heaters with preheat being lowest for the lower one and fast reflow being the highest for both the lower and upper heaters. The exact power output given by these heaters under the specific settings isn't known by me and this knowledge isn't necessary if one learns how to use the machine.

To learn, go through all the posts in this RE-7500 forum section starting with the oldest. Read everything, watch every video (at least 2-3 times), make your own notes and try out what you learn. Pretend that you got the machine from a dead alien civilization and that what info is here is all there is . As long as the machine works fine and communicates with a PC, you can use it fully.

Avoid fast reflow on lower side of PCB for mobile phones. Again i repeat, watch the videos whose links were given by Raheeeeb very carefully. he's one of the most experienced SMD rework professionals on this website and has lots of experience. He's very busy and yet took time to share his knowledge for free. Make use of this. There are many others who know a lot, but don't share info.

You may PM me if all efforts to contact Jovy fail. I have some email addresses that i used to communicate. I find calling Jovy on the numbers on their site is useful. They may then ask you to email them the details of any problems. There don't seem to be any new profiles on the website. The only real forum with useful info for this machine is right here on GSM-forum.

We all learn by making mistakes. The first time i used the machine on a scrap PC motherboard, i used too much heat and cracked an I/O chip. Now i know the limits

I'm certain you like most others who are using this machine are quite intelligent. Don't be shy to use your intelligence.

Good luck!

Trion
Old 05-05-2009, 23:04   #28 (permalink)
Freak Poster

One thing i forgot to mention, read the manual. If need be, you can download it from the Jovy website.

Here's a useful link for those who need stencils for the Xbox 360 Chips reballing: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Summers-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Last edited by Trion; 05-05-2009 at 23:09.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05   #29 (permalink)
Insane Poster

@Trion

Thanks again very much for your info and the pep-talk.
Indeed, I maybe should experiment more myself.
I read all the forum and saw think all the movies.
They are indeed very informative.
Gonna have a look again and filter out what I need.

Working by hand, my machine has a problem however.
Often the led goes blank.
All text disappears. The machine still keeps working though.
Any idea maybe?

Also, a kid of the family accidentally broke the original temperature probe.
Had to replace it, but I think that is not a problem? Suppose it are standard probes?

Those xbox 360 profiles, whas on AVRepair, with the xbox 360 bga kit.
http://www.jovy.avrepair.com/product/xbox/index.htm
Thought they would be on jovy's site to.
If you should come across them sometime maybe you let me know...?
I'll see to contact jovy and try to get a login again.

Agree with you this a great site to find about the jovy rework.
It is my 2nd most read. Check it every day.

Regards.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49   #30 (permalink)
Insane Poster

@Trion

Just letting you know, nothing ment by it.

Looked at that "GPU XBOXLIVE" video again.
It is an old xbox 1, surely not a 360.
The chip is an nvidia, which was on the old xbox, 360 is ATI gpu.
See also the IDE connector in front.
Xbox 1 was IDE, Xbox 360 is sata.

Regards.